Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is 05 nations best team including Pros/AD

We won't know because Weston and Kendall won't show. Kendall made a good run last year but fell short. It's a shame that the kids won't get the opportunity anymore, for the sake of "development". These are 10/11 year olds. Another reason why American soccer is garbage?

I guess you are talkin about the Danon cup. Academy teams play a "DanonCup" every week.
    The level is not high enough. That's why we don't play anymore. Have fun at your rec turney! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I guess you are talkin about the Danon cup. Academy teams play a "DanonCup" every week.
      The level is not high enough. That's why we don't play anymore. Have fun at your rec turney! Lol
      Not sure what you are talking about as academy teams played Danone last year. Unless something changed this year.

Comment

Not sure what you are talking about as academy teams played Danone last year. Unless something changed this year.
        And there seems to be Academies signed up this year for U12 which would be the Danone/Nations Cup eligible year.

See: https://events.gotsport.com/events/t...?eventid=55203

Comment

This must have been written by the street soccer chairman, "Don" Coscarella.

Comment

Do you mean DR COSCORELLA? I get emails from him weekly. He's a coach for Weston Academy, I believe. He also runs a soccer camp for boys every Sunday. He is always trying to steal players from other clubs to come to Weston. Can't Weston get in trouble for having a coach do that?

Comment

The Nations best 05/06 team will be crowned at the Nations Danone Cup and that team will represent America in October. Academies will not participate this year unless they get permission from the Federation. I do not know if Weston or Kendall obtained permission.

Comment

The Nations best 05/06 team will be crowned at the Nations Danone Cup and that team will represent America in October. Academies will not participate this year unless they get permission from the Federation. I do not know if Weston or Kendall obtained permission.
                US Soccer told academies this year no Danone Cup for DA rostered players. So the level this year will drop off significantly. First year of U12 DA means that Danone age now overlaps with age groups of players governed by US Soccer. In previous years kids playing in Danone were all pre-academy players, which means not academy at all.

Comment

There was no DA for 2004's last year moron. None of those players were actually DA players.

Comment

And there seems to be Academies signed up this year for U12 which would be the Danone/Nations Cup eligible year.

See: https://events.gotsport.com/events/t...?eventid=55203
                    There is a separate Danone division at Disney. My kid is an 05 DA player. We have been looking forward to our 05 group getting its Danone opportunity. Our club reached out to US Soccer and they said no. No big deal. DA is very much worth it!

Comment

If you think the best 05/06 team is whoever wins Danone Cup, you sir are truly a moron. It is a rec tournament that in years past was used by local pre-academy teams as an excuse to go to to a theme park on a holiday weekend.

Comment

If you think the best 05/06 team is whoever wins Danone Cup, you sir are truly a moron. It is a rec tournament that in years past was used by local pre-academy teams as an excuse to go to to a theme park on a holiday weekend.
                        Funny since you lost sleep during tryouts.

Now it's Rec.

Lol

Comment

Funny since you lost sleep during tryouts.

Now it's Rec.

Lol
                          DA players never tried out. It didn't even get that far before US Soccer killed it. Enjoy the rat and the rec competition.

Comment

Then why don't academy teams win Danone every year.?? The truth is, the coral gables toros have won Danone as many times as Kendall and Weston combined. Last year Weston lost in q finals. And Kendall lost in the finals. And all American teams get crushed by top Italian and French and Spanish teams. US soccer has a long long way to go. Study hard kids bc that is your only chance.

Comment

The Danone cup is 9 v 9. 9 v 9 on a small field is not soccer. It's fun for the kids though.

Last weekend I watched 30 mins of the Weston V Kendall "DA" game at Kendall soccer park. It looked like a game of kickball. It was incredibly physical. If that is the state of American youth football at its highest level, the USA is in trouble. Honestly, the Weston team looked better but not much better. Kendall was a disaster. Anyone being honest who's kids were not on the pitch would agree. Maybe it was just a bad day but it was what it was.

I would say that the academies or US soccer are making a mistake by not to playing the Danone cup qualifier. After all, the great Zidane himself is the face of the event and promotes it. Not to mention the amazing talent that emerges from Europe and Asia at the Danone Cup.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X