Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which ISL school would be best for soccer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Andover 2015 college matriculation:
    Harvard (13)
    Yale (11)
    Princeton (10)
    Stanford (13)
    MIT (8)

Which public school is better?
    Prep schools aggregate top students so of course the number of top placements will be higher than a typical public school. Andover attracts smart kids. But if you're not Harvard material attending a prep school won't magically turn you into one. Nor does attending a public HS preclude you from admissions to Harvard. It may be a tougher climb but not at all out reach. Our midsized public HS has I think 5 Ivy kids graduating this year plus other great admits.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2014114]

Typical public school parent justifying their choice to send their kids to public school. You don't understand the benefits of private schools because you haven't experienced the benefits of private schools. Keep short changing your kids. Less competition for my kids.
      This is funny. I can't count on both hands and feet the number of private school kids in my son's orbit. You're the quintessential "Private Parent." It's like they 3D print you people in the world of pay to play schooling. I fully understand the "benefits." ROI just isn't there when measured by any objective metric. There's really nothing to justify on my end. You, on the other hand, need to justify the added expense. Enlighten me to the private school advantages of which you believe I am unaware? My son is on track to attend a Litte Ivy with an Ivy stretch goal. Imagine that? A public school kid? Effort always trumps entitlement. I am a little jealous of your fancy high school sticker on the back window of your SUV though.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2014049]

Um, "This Guy" sent his 3 kids to local HS.
        Many in our town send their kids to ISL and its undeniably a great experience, and undeniably a filtered gene pool. Used the word elite on purpose. To some connotations are positive, and to others negative. Each reader will take from it what they will.
        "Filtered gene pool'?

You should've quit after the first ignorant comment.

Sounds like you live vicariously through your neighbors. get a life.

Comment

Debate team or chess team?
          Soccer, Hockey, & Baseball.

Lots of useless crap stored in the attic that has no bearing on anything I do today...

Comment

Soccer, Hockey, & Baseball.

Lots of useless crap stored in the attic that has no bearing on anything I do today...
            Just like a private high school education.

Comment

Harvard (13)
              Yale (11)
              Princeton (10)
              Stanford (13)
              MIT (8)

And Andover is absolutely the best school to send your kid if you are looking for them to be molested by a pervert teacher.

And what a surprise. Exeter over the border has the same problem.

Comment

Just like a private high school education.
                Not sure, I went to a public school myself. My niece has gone to a private school, and loved it. My brother did a senior repeat year and PG year, and also loved it.

Comment

Harvard (13)
                  Yale (11)
                  Princeton (10)
                  Stanford (13)
                  MIT (8)

true story - our neighbors sent their three sons to Andover and not one went to a college that is prestigious. But during the entire time they were there, all the mom did was brag about how awesome the school was, how they were meeting people from diff backgrounds and getting the best education ever. And guess what? All three sons went to colleges that students from our local public high school also got into, including Trinity and Washington U St Louis. Since then she's been telling people that the "investment" in Andover wasn't "worth it" blah blah blah.

Comparing the matriculation rates of Andover and our high school helped us realize our public school is doing a great job and we didn't exactly want to spend that kind of money on HIGH SCHOOL. PLus it's what you make it. I went to a private high school and many people that graduated from there aren't doing much of anything. A lot are doing great but a lot aren't successful. Stop generalizing. Plus Harvard admitted a girl who was convicted of killing her own mother some years ago, so I'm not too impressed they're great at judging character.

And if I had to hang around people that brag and are elitist that their kid goes to a prep school I'd probably want to punch someone in the face.

Comment

Plus Harvard admitted a girl who was convicted of killing her own mother some years ago, so I'm not too impressed they're great at judging character.
                    She was denied admission after they found out. stop lying to suit your beliefs.

Comment

dude, wasn't lying but apparently I am mistaken. I thought she was admitted and went there.
                      wrong, yes but didn't lie.

what beliefs am I trying to support? Everything else other than me being wrong on that girl is totally true

Comment

Why do they admit so many foreigners?

Comment

Prep schools aggregate top students so of course the number of top placements will be higher than a typical public school. Andover attracts smart kids. But if you're not Harvard material attending a prep school won't magically turn you into one. Nor does attending a public HS preclude you from admissions to Harvard. It may be a tougher climb but not at all out reach. Our midsized public HS has I think 5 Ivy kids graduating this year plus other great admits.
                          These are the same dolts who think that just by putting their kid on an ECNL or DA team that they are going magically be transformed into a prospect for the national team. This site is full of them.

Comment

Why do they admit so many foreigners?
                            Because they pay full boat

Comment

So ... which ISL school is best for soccer

No one has answered the question in fine Talking Soccer fashion

Comment

So ... which ISL school is best for soccer

No one has answered the question in fine Talking Soccer fashion
                                Milton Academy, Rivers, Nobles, Lawrence for boys

Middlesex, Rivers, Nobles for girls.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X