• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ole new facility

Ole building new outdoor facility in Monroe. Done deal.i

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Monroe becoming the epicenter of soccer.

Where? At their current indoor location

Comment

Where is Ole going with this? They are not a club.

Comment

Monroe becoming the epicenter of soccer.

Where? At their current indoor location
        Piece of land not far from their present indoor place.

Comment

I hope it is a more ambitious project than their indoor facilities. Small minded.

Comment

Where is Ole going with this? They are not a club.
            They bought out Revolution so they have that plus all the camps and programs they run. The two spots they have in Ffld are very small

Problem with Monroe is Ole's base is more Fairfield. We know some of those FFld parents don't want any kind of inconveniences :). Monroe in general is building faster than the population base can warrant - every tiem I'm over there there's building popping up yet others sitting empty. Land is obviously much cheaper there than FFld and the town must be cutting deals to attract builders/investors

Comment

I hope it is a more ambitious project than their indoor facilities. Small minded.

This is true.

Playing field very long and narrow. Virtually no room for bench area and it creates a style of game that is strong on longer and more direct passing. Very much a field for north/south play and little to none east/west play.

Comment

It was a nursery/Lawn and garden building, LOL

Comment

It was a nursery/Lawn and garden building, LOL
                  Doesn't mean it's not a small piece of property. Which one/where is it?

Comment

They bought out Revolution so they have that plus all the camps and programs they run. The two spots they have in Ffld are very small

Problem with Monroe is Ole's base is more Fairfield. We know some of those FFld parents don't want any kind of inconveniences :). Monroe in general is building faster than the population base can warrant - every tiem I'm over there there's building popping up yet others sitting empty. Land is obviously much cheaper there than FFld and the town must be cutting deals to attract builders/investors
                    Yes Monroe is one strip mall after another. Wait to the super Walmart gets finished which is right near Oles current indoor location

PS. Fairfield to Monroe isn't bad

Comment

Doesn't mean it's not a small piece of property. Which one/where is it?
                      The indoor location was previously a nursery building. It's not suited for indoor soccer. The outdoor location is purportedly near there

Comment

Interesting that they'd chose to build in the same town where supposedly BS - a far stronger club - is also building.

Comment

The indoor location was previously a nursery building. It's not suited for indoor soccer. The outdoor location is purportedly near there
                          People say near BS new site for field. I hope Monroe has lots of soccer players lol.

Comment

People say near BS new site for field. I hope Monroe has lots of soccer players lol.
                            The BS location is further up Rte 25 than the Ole indoor facility.

Ole indoor is near Trumbull / Monroe line while the BS facility is near Newtown / Monroe line. There is more open industrial line near the BS facility.

Comment

not enough...and there's already other clubs plucking from that area like CFC Arsenal, whatever CFC branch is Newtown based, YU, AC CT, Revolution, plus Monroe, Fairfield, Shelton and others all have their own town "premier" programs. There certainly would be money in renting turf fields though as teams are always scrambling for them.
                              Neither location is readily accessible from other areas and at rush hour traffic on 25 and 111 sucks.

Trumbull resident

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X