Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No one should be doing ANY sport for the hopes of scholarship. It always should be for the love of the game. But yeah lots of families see sports as a way to pay for school or as a way to get into a better school. I know the money is there for some. More often than not the kids aren't good enough to get substantial dollars. Good students can often get more academic $ than athletic. And to keep playing in college you need to be dedicated to the sport and put in the hard work. The drop out/cut rate in college sports is very high
    My kid plays on a state premier team and it's not scholarship driven. Great group of kids that also play other sports. They continue to improve and are good HS players. I can see 1 or 2 of them continuing on at D2 or D3. The reality is very few kids from clubs like SCP, SE or AFC have what it takes to generate interest from college coaches.

The best players in our area have latched onto CFC united. Those teams are excellent but the girls we know spend months driving and flying to games all over creation. Yes, coaches seem to desire those players but any athletic money they receive is likely to be offset by the massive travel costs incurred during their club years.

Comment

My kid plays on a state premier team and it's not scholarship driven. Great group of kids that also play other sports. They continue to improve and are good HS players. I can see 1 or 2 of them continuing on at D2 or D3. The reality is very few kids from clubs like SCP, SE or AFC have what it takes to generate interest from college coaches.

The best players in our area have latched onto CFC united. Those teams are excellent but the girls we know spend months driving and flying to games all over creation. Yes, coaches seem to desire those players but any athletic money they receive is likely to be offset by the massive travel costs incurred during their club years.
      Even worse on the boys side - there's very little athletic money in men's soccer. If you can afford for your son to play high level travel with all the cost, great. Otherwise a college savings plan and money for tutors might be a better bet - lots of academic money out there for good students

Comment

Even worse on the boys side - there's very little athletic money in men's soccer. If you can afford for your son to play high level travel with all the cost, great. Otherwise a college savings plan and money for tutors might be a better bet - lots of academic money out there for good students
        Exactly. The only money made is for the owners. They drive strategies that benefit their pocketbooks. They are selling snake oil... more teams, more mantra of scholarships and potions of 'best coaches' elixirs... these chants entice droves to chase false truths. The two girls my girls played with that made it to d1 scholarships were consumed by their own chase. Not parents. My girls went to proms these girls went to games. This sacrifice PLUS drive PLUS and this is huge.... a coach that facilates their growth. It was a perfect storm. These girls never played with the big three clubs. My girls lived their teammates and the game. That was always enough for our family. Now my youngest plays at a big three club because we love the coach. Find a path where people care about your kid and the coach connects. Coaches that care can be found. At all clubs

Comment

Except apparently they've spun off and created a second branch. Or maybe the co-owners gave up on their embarrassing court action and decided to split into two clubs. Whatever, the whole Celtic thing, all of them, are vile and just not good for the kids or soccer. Stay away from all of these bozos.
          What other branch?

Comment

What other branch?
            It's called, Celtic, also. I guess Celtic 1 and Celtic 2? Opened in the same area. It can't be a different club, because who would open a new club and call it the same as an existing one, that would be rather stupid. Probably just a way for the owner to hide money from lawsuits or something. Doesn't matter, this will fail, also.

Comment

It's called, Celtic, also. I guess Celtic 1 and Celtic 2? Opened in the same area. It can't be a different club, because who would open a new club and call it the same as an existing one, that would be rather stupid. Probably just a way for the owner to hide money from lawsuits or something. Doesn't matter, this will fail, also.
              Do we care? It's Celtic. What looney parents say to their kid, "hey, I know, why don't you play for Celtic!"

Comment

I call Bullsh. Celtic's Website has no mention of a branch and no second Celtic club is listed in CJSA. Or, is the claim that this club is U.S. Soccer?

Comment

Totally agree , exactly what happened. RL has turned Celtic into a very expensive travel program. Taking anyone that will pay his pathectic paycheck. Really he hurts the sport. When a club gets desperate they take anyone. Wouldn't be surprised to see disabled kids on his teams in the future. Like I said RL will take a check from anyone. When all his kids eventually leave wonder what will that pathectic troll do? He's got a college Education and only has a piece of garbage club to show for it lol. Hey RL I heard your old partner was buying Star hill. Doesn't look like you will have a place to operate out of much longer.

Comment

Do we care? It's Celtic. What looney parents say to their kid, "hey, I know, why don't you play for Celtic!"
                    Haha love this quote above

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2020343]Totally agree , exactly what happened. RL has turned Celtic into a very expensive travel program. Taking anyone that will pay his pathectic paycheck. Really he hurts the sport. When a club gets desperate they take anyone. Wouldn't be surprised to see disabled kids on his teams in the future. Like I said RL will take a check from anyone. When all his kids eventually leave wonder what will that pathectic troll do? He's got a college Education and only has a piece of garbage club to show for it lol. Hey RL I heard your old partner was buying Star hill. Doesn't look like you will have a place to operate out of much longer.[/

Also love this quote above

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X