Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really? You're happy to see it back online. On an earlier post you called it crap and half-ass. How do you even look at yourself in the morning, speaking out of both sides of your mouth like that?? And worse, knowing that you're such a failure as a parent, that you have to look to a website to validate your kid's worth. Pathetic.
    Forget to take your lithium today?

If your child enjoys playing soccer then he or she probably wants to improve their proficiency and see the results of their hard work pay off. How do you do this? by comparing yourself to your peers. The rankings are a motivator to improve as flawed as they all are.

Comment

If GS used an average instead of a cumulative, it might make more sense.
      The more you play, the more chance you have at gaining points really isn't all that accurate.
      Points per game may be a bit more accurate.

Comment

its up and running.

Comment

Really? You're happy to see it back online. On an earlier post you called it crap and half-ass. How do you even look at yourself in the morning, speaking out of both sides of your mouth like that?? And worse, knowing that you're such a failure as a parent, that you have to look to a website to validate your kid's worth. Pathetic.
          Are you retarded? I am happy to see it back online even though it is highly imperfect - the guy running the site is trying to improve it and I have respect for him in that regard. Get it back up, fix the problems. Sounds like he is doing that through partnership.

But at present it is pretty close to crap, but hey so is GotSoccer.

And calling me a failure as a parent for promoting performance and long term objectives? I get it - you are a beta, your kids team not very good, and you not very concerned about it. Not all of us can be successful alphas. Every game needs a losing team, and every league needs the bottom dwellers. My kid knows his worth, off the field and on and while the two are related. There is a reason kids play sports - it is a model for life. You will live how you play.

Comment

You called the guy? You need some hobbies, not your kids' team ranking
            Matters to my kid. They like to brag about their rankings on facebook, and work hard to improve them. What is wrong with that (all you betas out there answer in unison please)?

Comment

Says the parent posting numerous times - even obsessing - on a thread devoted to "youth soccer rankings" on a youth soccer blog. Talk about calling the kettle black. Hypocrite.

You obviously care about rankings too or you wouldnt be reading this thread.

Comment

Matters to my kid. They like to brag about their rankings on facebook, and work hard to improve them. What is wrong with that (all you betas out there answer in unison please)?
                My kid is on a top team and no one looks at it except the parents. League results and each tournament matter to the kids more. GS or this one not even on their radar

Comment

Do report cards matter? Accurate judge of academic performance? Never spoke to your kids teachers about their academic grades?

You are a petty person - the undercurrent in your post is that other parents should not be motivating their players with independent evaluations of their performances. You want others to stop being so competitive so it is easier for your kid.

Comment

My kid is on a top team and no one looks at it except the parents. League results and each tournament matter to the kids more. GS or this one not even on their radar
                    I call BS. All of the kids look at the league table, gotsoccer and this ussoccerrankings site. Why would they look at one but not the other? All the kids know the ranking of the team they face on game day.

You are disingenuous.

Comment

Reason #5 to not create a youth soccer ranking that is free...you get whackos calling you to complain about your math. Don't like it? Go create your own.

Personally, i like it - regardless of how well it predicted one round of "intra-national" games (I am not sure that word means what you think it means).

Comment

I call BS. All of the kids look at the league table, gotsoccer and this ussoccerrankings site. Why would they look at one but not the other? All the kids know the ranking of the team they face on game day.

You are disingenuous.
                        Like I said they look at the league they play in, likely because they know the competition in their league, while some teams on GS they never play. So who cares about another top team if they'll never play them? Its part of the problem with having all the alphabet soup leagues

Comment

Reason #5 to not create a youth soccer ranking that is free...you get whackos calling you to complain about your math. Don't like it? Go create your own.

Personally, i like it - regardless of how well it predicted one round of "intra-national" games (I am not sure that word means what you think it means).
                          Signed,
                          My kids team is over-rated on this site and I like it.

Comment

Like I said they look at the league they play in, likely because they know the competition in their league, while some teams on GS they never play. So who cares about another top team if they'll never play them? Its part of the problem with having all the alphabet soup leagues
                            They want to be seeded with the top teams in major tournaments so they can beat them. They dream about this. You are deluding yourself ...

Comment

Intranational (within national borders) = interregional (between regions) = whatever, you know exactly what I mean. I mean Disney, Dallas, CASL. Predictive power very poor, even the operator of the site admits this. I give him credit for caring, admitting it, knowing how to fix it, and I hope he is able to do so - may not be cheap, and I dont think he has much of a revenue model yet so it may be chicken/egg.

Reason #3 to create a youth soccer ranking that is free ... everyone talks about it, you eventually can command good advertising rates based on page hits, then you get bought out by facebook or ESPN. If you cannot take constructive criticism, quit and leave the millions in payout to someone who can.

Comment

Got soccer rankings aren't very accurate. As others have stated teams that can play more events can rank higher than those that don't play as many. For my kid's team (Region 1), we have to travel at least 4 hours each way to play in leagues or tournaments that we can earn GS points in. We are consistently playing and beating higher ranked teams that play more than we do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X