Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are right to be skeptical... the DA announced that change for boys and not girls

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20170110-n...2017-18-season
    I just checked other state boards and it looks like the poster/possible troll posted the same on the FL board.

Comment

Ok, I'm not pro GDAP but would like to point out a few things

- of course top players play in the nation's (current) top league. Same argument ECNL makes that almost all YNT players play ECNL - it's the top league and it attracts that level of player. That doesn't mean it will stay that way. NT and top D1 players probably will migrate to GDA (partly because they'll be pressured to do so) but you can't run a large nation-wide league with let's say 4-5 "top" players and all the rest whoever you can convince to give up HS sports. That's where GDA (and OW) is going to get into trouble

- we do know the structure (it was announced months ago)

- for now USSF is saying you can do HS but not both at the same time. But they also said it's up to the clubs. In reality clubs will either ban it or put extreme pressure on girls not to play HS. Teams can't afford to be missing players for 3-4 months and it creates drama between those who give it up and those who don't

- we know costs are only going to be slightly lower than ECNL (a little off of club fees but similar travel expense). Probably not enough of a discount to convince a middle-to-upper income typical soccer family to move. Moves will be decided upon based on what a league offers a player to help her meet her goals, quality of clubs she can play with, HS, friendships...
      Really know the structure? How many games will be played? What showcase events will they attend. How will the league ensure the quality of the clubs/coaching?

No high school was what was advertised and was a critique of ecnl as us soccer has come to the conclusion it is critical to develop top players. Now it is up to the club to figure out if they allow it? Shows me it is either not important to develop top players, us soccer roll out was poorly done as they underestimated the importance to their target market, or they just punted because it was going to have a bad financial impact to the league. All bad!

Cost? Slightly lower than a cost of a competing product that you don't know what that cost is. What about the arguement against ecnl. That some of best players are priced out? So you are saying it will be no cheaper or not materially cheaper. No mandatory number of scholarships, no cap on price? Just market driven to compete against ecnl. Sounds like an improvement

Comment

It's gotta drive you nuts knowing some people are privy to real info before it's officially announced.

Comment

So in case you were thinking of GDAP.

http://nwslsoccer.com/complete-2017-...-draft-results
          http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....re-ecnl-alums/

So summarize.....40 us women's professional players drafted today. 75 percent of all players drafted, came from ecnl.
          For the naysayers that say all the strong ecnl players come from out west, 8 of the 33 ecnl players chosen or roughly a third came from the division my daughter plays in, the northeast.

How many came out of the league your Oakwood kid plays in?

7 or 8 years and the league has risen to this point. Can't wait to see what gdap does in 7 years. In one year, we still don't know cost, if girls can play hs, competition structure, etc
          Clearly asked the question of how many players were drafted from the league ow plays in, not will play in. The follow up question or comment was we shall see what gdap does in 7 years. The only person comparing the draft results between ecnl and gdap is you idiot. Re-read it and then apologize for your inability to comprehend

Comment

Sorry but US Soccer just posted put another dagger into ECNL. It told clubs last night when it is adding a single age u14 age group so when we girls DA starts it will now have u14, u15, u16/17 and u18/19 ages.
            You are talking boys. Not relevant to this discussion on gdap.

Comment

Really know the structure? How many games will be played? What showcase events will they attend. How will the league ensure the quality of the clubs/coaching?
              Do you even know US DA has a website? You might want to look it over.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/girls-academy-faqs
              What does the Academy Program Cost for players and clubs?

From the site:

U.S. Soccer covers many of the costs for clubs so they can reinvest these funds into their Girls' Academy Club and players. There are no referee fees for league games, showcases or playoffs. Clubs are not charged any event or showcase fees to attend. In addition, Clubs are provided with Nike Balls for training and games and receive POWERADE coolers and beverages among other corporate partner benefits.

The Academy strongly believes that no player should face a (financial) barrier to play soccer. Therefore, clubs are encouraged to subsidize costs for players in financial need. In addition, U.S. Soccer offers a scholarship program, open to any full-time Academy player, to assist players with covering Academy travel cost. For more information, visit the scholarship program page.

Will coaches have a license requirement? What license level? Starting when?

U.S. Soccer strongly believes that the quality of coaching has a direct impact on the quality of player development; therefore, the Girls' Development Academy will have a minimum license for all coaches to coach in the Academy. Similar to the process for the Boys Academy, U.S. Soccer will communicate timelines and expectations based on the analysis of the applications and the current license levels for the coaches. Clubs will be provided with a clear pathway to meet minimum license standards and expectations during the projected timeline. The future goal is for each Academy coach to hold a minimum of a USSF B license and for each Girls' Academy Director to hold a USSF A license. We understand that many coaches do not currently hold the desired minimum license; therefore, we will provide coaches time to meet the minimum requirements with the new U.S. Soccer license structure.

No high school was what was advertised and was a critique of ecnl as us soccer has come to the conclusion it is critical to develop top players. Now it is up to the club to figure out if they allow it? Shows me it is either not important to develop top players, us soccer roll out was poorly done as they underestimated the importance to their target market, or they just punted because it was going to have a bad financial impact to the league. All bad!
              Yes HS has been discussed - they don't want girls playing but know initially they're going to have to allow it, at least in theory. It's up the club discretion and chances are few will allow it.

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/ddh3x...c3dep1i97t0q5h

Cost? Slightly lower than a cost of a competing product that you don't know what that cost is. What about the arguement against ecnl. That some of best players are priced out? So you are saying it will be no cheaper or not materially cheaper. No mandatory number of scholarships, no cap on price? Just market driven to compete against ecnl. Sounds like an improvement
              Here's an example of what you're likely to see. With no MLS support it's still very much a pay-to-play system with a few scholarships here or there. As USDA has said clubs are "encouraged" to make it affordable to those who need it. That is all. With maybe one less national event and a sligthtly lower club fee you're looking at a $1000 to $1500 savings. Yes it helps but it will matter little to the typical affluent soccer family

Player Registration Fee: $2,500
              • Non-Refundable Deposit: $250 (upon acceptance)
              • Uniform purchase from Ewing Sport (~$275)
              • Additional Travel Costs on per event basis
              • Team travel to Showcases and team travel games
              • Final list of team travel games after release of
              schedule
              • Actual costs determined by event

https://bsbproduction.s3.amazonaws.c...2017-01-04.pdf

Comment

You are talking boys. Not relevant to this discussion on gdap.
                Nope. Girls.

Comment

It's gotta drive you nuts knowing some people are privy to real info before it's officially announced.
                  I doubt anyone knows the answers yet. If they do, it is get the DOC from OW knows. However, at the end of the day, the consumers don't know and they are the ones that open their wallets and buy the product. I will give you a simple analogy. If I want to sell you a car and I tell you it is going to be better than all the other cars out there and will be cheaper than every car out there, but you don't know anything about the engine performance, the hp, the mpg, what features the car has, etc, would you consider buying it? You can't wait to reveal it until after the other manufacturers have already rolled out their new models and customers have already ordered.

Here is a quote from Ellis from the December meeting of the Academy.

Another aspect that Ellis touched on was how the Girls' Development Academy will be a revolutionary step towards de-emphasizing winning and losing. "This is not a league where it is about points and trophies," Ellis said.

So Academy will de-emphasize winning? You mean like they do know for the boys. Everyone knows that the boys have no league standings and no championship games. So either they are selling you garbage or they have just figured out winning is only important to boys development, not girls. I am assuming that all the games played will be ruled ties and no scores will be kept. So we are going back to the AYSO U9 model and al the players and parents will buy into that theory. In large markets, no club will sell themselves against other gdap clubs as the better club backed by the performance of their club teams.

How will gdap measure "development" if not by wins and points? I can see it know. TS parents all over the country will start saying, "well we lost by three goals, but we had the better shape and our girls defended better, and were more dangerous on the offensive end. It just didn't mean much because we lost, but we looked good doing it"

Comment

Do you even know US DA has a website? You might want to look it over.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/girls-academy-faqs
                    What does the Academy Program Cost for players and clubs?

From the site:

U.S. Soccer covers many of the costs for clubs so they can reinvest these funds into their Girls' Academy Club and players. There are no referee fees for league games, showcases or playoffs. Clubs are not charged any event or showcase fees to attend. In addition, Clubs are provided with Nike Balls for training and games and receive POWERADE coolers and beverages among other corporate partner benefits.

The Academy strongly believes that no player should face a (financial) barrier to play soccer. Therefore, clubs are encouraged to subsidize costs for players in financial need. In addition, U.S. Soccer offers a scholarship program, open to any full-time Academy player, to assist players with covering Academy travel cost. For more information, visit the scholarship program page.

Will coaches have a license requirement? What license level? Starting when?

U.S. Soccer strongly believes that the quality of coaching has a direct impact on the quality of player development; therefore, the Girls' Development Academy will have a minimum license for all coaches to coach in the Academy. Similar to the process for the Boys Academy, U.S. Soccer will communicate timelines and expectations based on the analysis of the applications and the current license levels for the coaches. Clubs will be provided with a clear pathway to meet minimum license standards and expectations during the projected timeline. The future goal is for each Academy coach to hold a minimum of a USSF B license and for each Girls' Academy Director to hold a USSF A license. We understand that many coaches do not currently hold the desired minimum license; therefore, we will provide coaches time to meet the minimum requirements with the new U.S. Soccer license structure.

Yes HS has been discussed - they don't want girls playing but know initially they're going to have to allow it, at least in theory. It's up the club discretion and chances are few will allow it.

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/ddh3x...c3dep1i97t0q5h

Here's an example of what you're likely to see. With no MLS support it's still very much a pay-to-play system with a few scholarships here or there. As USDA has said clubs are "encouraged" to make it affordable to those who need it. That is all. With maybe one less national event and a sligthtly lower club fee you're looking at a $1000 to $1500 savings. Yes it helps but it will matter little to the typical affluent soccer family

Player Registration Fee: $2,500
                    • Non-Refundable Deposit: $250 (upon acceptance)
                    • Uniform purchase from Ewing Sport (~$275)
                    • Additional Travel Costs on per event basis
                    • Team travel to Showcases and team travel games
                    • Final list of team travel games after release of
                    schedule
                    • Actual costs determined by event

https://bsbproduction.s3.amazonaws.c...2017-01-04.pdf
                    So what I learned from this presentation
                    1. 22-26 games.....more than my daughter currently plays in the ECNL (thought is was going to be less gmes)
                    2. Max roster size 23. about what my daughter ecnl team has. Excited to take my kid to va for a regular league game during the year and have her miss school so we can travel for her to play 40 minutes max. that is better than traveling to NJ, NY and MA for the same
                    3. What is "actual costs to be determined by event". So do I have to pay money other than travel for a showcase?
                    4. Winter showcase in florida. sounds like my kids ecnl schedule. Only now it will be Nov 27-Dec 11. Perfect time. My kid is off from school in the beginning of December, so she won't miss any time. Oh, and if they do allow high school play, that will be right after the grueling high school schedule and the mid nov state tournament. Seems like she will have even less time to train with her team since she can not play high school and train with the club by CT rules.
                    5. 4 days a week training (during the week). Lots of time for my kid to study and do other things like piano lessons, SAT tutor, socialize with non soccer playing friends. Guess she can do that during the 5 weeks a year she will be on break from gdap
                    6. Spring season starts Feb 12th! That sounds great, will my kid have to shovel the field? Should be fun playing in 15 degree weather and swirling winds and flurries. Cant wait to see what happens when northeast games are cancelled and then made up later and my kid starts playing 2 games a day to make them up. Or maybe my kid will play indoor games and learn how to use the boards.
                    7. a spring showcase in march or april....sounds like ecnl showcase schedule
                    8 a june showcase....sounds like ecnl showcase schedule

PS...the cost....more than ecnl! ....directly from Richmond strikers website....
                    Q: How much does it cost to play on a Richmond United Girls team?
                    A: The fees will be approximately $2,400 plus a uniform package. Travel is not included in the fee.

Also need to factor in lower travel costs for ecnl vs gdap because league games are all closer and three showcases cost will be equal to 3 ecnl showcase costs unless us soccer gets better rates on flights and hotels

Comment

I just checked other state boards and it looks like the poster/possible troll posted the same on the FL board.
                      And informed the DA clubs it was adding u14s last night.

Comment

And informed the DA clubs it was adding u14s last night.
                        if true for the girls, that is awesome, I want my 13 year old girl training soccer more. hopefully my wife cant figure out a good car pool to Oakwood and that means she has less time to have cocktails during the week. I am afraid of what a few more foot longs might do to her though

Comment

if true for the girls, that is awesome, I want my 13 year old girl training soccer more. hopefully my wife cant figure out a good car pool to Oakwood and that means she has less time to have cocktails during the week. I am afraid of what a few more foot longs might do to her though
                          The foot longs she gets are all protein no weight gain to worry about

Comment

It all won't matter if hey do t change the substitution rule. Only allowing 3 subs all game with be the down fall. Having 23 but only able to play 14 will go over well at Oakwood.

I wonder how the GDAP will look once a few more northeast clubs pull out of the GDAP

Comment

So what I learned from this presentation
                              1. 22-26 games.....more than my daughter currently plays in the ECNL (thought is was going to be less gmes)
                              2. Max roster size 23. about what my daughter ecnl team has. Excited to take my kid to va for a regular league game during the year and have her miss school so we can travel for her to play 40 minutes max. that is better than traveling to NJ, NY and MA for the same
                              3. What is "actual costs to be determined by event". So do I have to pay money other than travel for a showcase?
                              4. Winter showcase in florida. sounds like my kids ecnl schedule. Only now it will be Nov 27-Dec 11. Perfect time. My kid is off from school in the beginning of December, so she won't miss any time. Oh, and if they do allow high school play, that will be right after the grueling high school schedule and the mid nov state tournament. Seems like she will have even less time to train with her team since she can not play high school and train with the club by CT rules.
                              5. 4 days a week training (during the week). Lots of time for my kid to study and do other things like piano lessons, SAT tutor, socialize with non soccer playing friends. Guess she can do that during the 5 weeks a year she will be on break from gdap
                              6. Spring season starts Feb 12th! That sounds great, will my kid have to shovel the field? Should be fun playing in 15 degree weather and swirling winds and flurries. Cant wait to see what happens when northeast games are cancelled and then made up later and my kid starts playing 2 games a day to make them up. Or maybe my kid will play indoor games and learn how to use the boards.
                              7. a spring showcase in march or april....sounds like ecnl showcase schedule
                              8 a june showcase....sounds like ecnl showcase schedule

PS...the cost....more than ecnl! ....directly from Richmond strikers website....
                              Q: How much does it cost to play on a Richmond United Girls team?
                              A: The fees will be approximately $2,400 plus a uniform package. Travel is not included in the fee.

Also need to factor in lower travel costs for ecnl vs gdap because league games are all closer and three showcases cost will be equal to 3 ecnl showcase costs unless us soccer gets better rates on flights and hotels
                              -yes DA schedule is not a compressed time frame like ECNL so very few weekend double games (although it does happen). With travel that means less time to do other things on weekends all year long instead of just March-June
                              - yes travel the same if not worse in some cases
                              - restrictive subbing also means you may drive to VA and she NEVER sees the field. Only 18 on game day rosters, similar to ECNL
                              - ECNl is pretty good about scheduling events well in advance to book lower travel rates. I doubt GDA will do much better
                              - many mystery costs. Clubs like OW running both genders may struggle trying to lower fees

Comment

Troll ...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X