Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, looking to escape the endless travel associated with NPL/ECNL, I looked at the CJSA leagues. At the U16 level, there are two Wolves teams in the Elite bracket. Two? How does that happen?

Wolves used to be a very capable club. Not sure any more. I took a look at the premier leagues. Very few teams over U14. It's a shame.
    I believe Wolves play in NEP at high school ages. They definitely still have at least U14-U16 teams. It's a shame, that this branch has been forgotten by CFC when they were the top dawg years ago that really helped CFC gain a name and still have some quality players.

Comment

I believe Wolves play in NEP at high school ages. They definitely still have at least U14-U16 teams. It's a shame, that this branch has been forgotten by CFC when they were the top dawg years ago that really helped CFC gain a name and still have some quality players.
      They're listed in CJSA Elite for U15/16 (playing a whopping three other teams) but may be playing NEP also. If so it sounds like wolves are trying to get some competition for those teams. CJSA at U15+ is a pathetic lot.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/De...?EventID=50568

Comment

They're listed in CJSA Elite for U15/16 (playing a whopping three other teams) but may be playing NEP also. If so it sounds like wolves are trying to get some competition for those teams. CJSA at U15+ is a pathetic lot.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/De...?EventID=50568
        I just checked. Wolves do play NEP for ages 13-16.

Comment

I just checked. Wolves do play NEP for ages 13-16.
          Good for them. Some decent clubs up that way (much better than CJSA) and I'd rather drive up to MA from that area than hump down to NY/NJ

Comment

Good for them. Some decent clubs up that way (much better than CJSA) and I'd rather drive up to MA from that area than hump down to NY/NJ
            I think if you're U14 and above and you're not on either CFCU ECNL/NPL, FSAL ECNL/NPL, or OW NPL (cover's just about 100 top players at each age group). There is little reason to be traveling regionally for weekend soccer. The state is just too small with too little talent to play meaningful games. CJSA fits perfectly for players outside of the top 100 in the state. It's not like the teams that remain in CJSA are blowing each other out.

Comment

I think if you're U14 and above and you're not on either CFCU ECNL/NPL, FSAL ECNL/NPL, or OW NPL (cover's just about 100 top players at each age group). There is little reason to be traveling regionally for weekend soccer. The state is just too small with too little talent to play meaningful games. CJSA fits perfectly for players outside of the top 100 in the state. It's not like the teams that remain in CJSA are blowing each other out.
              I wouldn't call traveling to MA from Glastonbury extensive travel. It can take just as long to get to Greenwich. Have you looked at the CJSA teams in those age groups?

Comment

Farmington valley PSE has a high school team that plays in the CJSA Spring league. Futsal and FSA during the winter. Combined U15-U18. 2 college showcases/year. Not as Good as Wolves, not as bad as DFA. Better than Travel, less expensive than FSA C teams with less drama and nicer parents.

Comment

Less expensive because he doesn't pay his coaches

Comment

Interesting you didnt refute his FSA parent comment
                    Must be true

Comment

Interesting you didnt refute his FSA parent comment
                      Must be true
                      Yep. No other conclusion possible. More TS stupidity.

Comment

as far as I know, "he" is the coach. The staff coach shows up. The refs show up. FSA lets them in the door. They use Avon's and Farmington's fields. Hard to support your theory they are not getting paid. That's a lot of charity if your statement is true.

Comment

Simple search of court records provides a case of coach not being paid.

http://www.jud2.ct.gov/Small_Claims/...n&Activity=ALL

CASE SEARCH RESULT(S) FOR DOCKET NUMBER SCC-607991
                          AS OF 5/5/2016 6:06:10 AM.
                          Case Summary
                          Case Caption : SHAYLER vs. VAUDREUIL et al
                          Court : Manchester
                          Docket No : SCC-607991 Case Type : Contract - Other
                          File Date : 02/05/2016 Amount of Claim : $2,850.00
                          Answer Date : 03/10/2016 Entry Fee : $90.00
                          Last Hearing Date: 04/19/2016 10:00 AM Last Hearing Reason : TRIAL

Judgment Information
                          Magistrate : PAUL RUSZCZYK
                          Disposition Date : 04/19/2016 Disposition : Stipulated Judgment for the Plaintiff
                          Damages Awarded : $1,100.00 Entry Fee : $90.00
                          Prejudgment Interest : $0.00 Service Costs : $6.45
                          Attorney's Fees : $0.00 Other Costs : $0.00
                          Payments Ordered : Full Payment First Payment Due : 06/03/2016
                          Judgment Satisfied On:
                          Total Amount of Judgment and Costs Awarded : $1,196.45

Parties / Attorneys
                          Party No Party Name Answer Attorney Name & Address

Plaintiff ANDREW SHAYLER
                          No Answer

Defendant DAVID VAUDREUIL
                          Counterclaim

Defendant PRO SOCCER EXPERIENCE (PSE)

Comment

Have you seen AS coach? Whoa - seriously crazy guy. I wouldn't pay him either

Comment

Claimed $2850. Got $1100.00. There was a counterclaim filed by the club so obviously there were two sides to the story. I would also note AS surreptitiously attempted to get PSE players to leave en masse to CFC Valley. A move which failed in epic fashion and was looked upon by the parents and the players as very low rent. Essentially AS tried to kill the king and failed.

Comment

Okay, on the girls' side, if we allow that OW, FSA ECNL/NPL, CFC ECNL/NPL, YU NPL, where should the rest of us try out for premier at U14 and older?

Northwest, Southwest, North Central, South Central, Northeast, and Southeast?
                                Sporting. A Festivus for the rest of us.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X