X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upsets?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So you went with the obvious choices across the board. While hard to argue with picks, if you had to pick an upset or two, which would you call out.
    Well, I disagree with your premise. I think only half are easy picks and (no surprise) they are the four contenders: Clay, OCYS, WFF Brandon & ACYS.

I didn't pick all Round 2 winners to win their Round of 16 games (Warner won their group, but I think they will lose).

As for an upset or two my first pick would be Strictly. They can be a tough team to beat, but just when you think they have it together they get blown out 4-0 by Miramar. I almost made the IMG/Strictly game my game of the day, I think it could be a tough day for IMG. Which Strictly team shows up? The one that beat up on Davie and WFF Pinellas, or the one that laid the egg against Miramar? If the egg-laying team shows up IMG will have a cake walk. If the ass-whooping one shows up it will be fun to watch.

My second pick would be GPS Orlando. They are a better team now than when they were playing FSPL and they have performed well and only finished 2nd in the their Round 2 group on goal differential. If Miramar doesn't bring their A game, they might have a long day.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
      It looks like next week is shaping up to be a busy one for me, so let's go ahead and post predictions for the next round to give everyone something to argue about!

Clay vs. Chargers I don't think anyone will be surprised that I view the Chargers poorly & I don't think they are one of the top 16 teams, but they got a weak group in Round 2 just so they can travel to Palm Coast for an early morning game. They should be home for a late lunch. Clay County will win.

IMG Blue vs. Strictly This one can go either way and it seems every time I go to put Strictly in a body bag they grunt & claw their way out. This one is a head scratcher for me, but I am going to go with IMG Blue.

WFF Brandon vs. Coral Estates Yes, as pointed out on this thread previously, CES beat WFF Brandon 2-0 in August. But, results lately seem to indicate the teams went in two different directions. WFF Brandon has played well against very good teams and seems more consistent. CES beat Warner in their Round 2 opener and let Warner win the group when CES delivered draws against weak teams (and, reportedly, a short-handed weak team). That doesn't sound like a team that can knock out WFF Brandon. I think WFF Brandon in this one.

OCYS vs. Brevard Soccer Alliance I think this is an easy pick, OCYS should prevail.

Warner vs. Pinecrest Premier If there are two virtual unknowns in this tournament, these two are it. Warner gets a bye thru Round 1 because the they have no competition in Region D and then the aforementioned CES stumbles and bumbles in Round 2, letting Warner sneak into the top spot of the group. Pinecrest put together a team for a State Cup run. They are fast and skilled but little history to gauge their mettle. If Warner can win, they will definite deserve respect and accolades, but I give Pinecrest the nod here.

ACYS vs. Palm Beach Gardens PBG had to win out over AC Delray to survive and they were able to do it. But ACYS is no AC Delray, and ACYS should have an easy day.

Miramar United Red vs. GPS Orlando Some smack talk has already started between these two. I'll make this my GAME OF THE DAY and pick Miramar to win a close one.

GPS West Black vs. JAYFC Armada These two teams fought to a 3-3 draw in February. It is obvious that this is not the same GPS West Black that was State Cup runner up last from last year. This one could go either way, but I think GPS West Black will prevail.

As always, good luck and safe travels to Palm Coast!

I think the Clay vs Chargers game could be more interesting than billed. Both are strong, physical teams. Clay still likely to win but may be closer thank you think.

Comment

I think the Clay vs Chargers game could be more interesting than billed. Both are strong, physical teams. Clay still likely to win but may be closer thank you think.
        I'll say this: If that comes to pass, Clay is not a contender.

Comment

It looks like next week is shaping up to be a busy one for me, so let's go ahead and post predictions for the next round to give everyone something to argue about!

Clay vs. Chargers I don't think anyone will be surprised that I view the Chargers poorly & I don't think they are one of the top 16 teams, but they got a weak group in Round 2 just so they can travel to Palm Coast for an early morning game. They should be home for a late lunch. Clay County will win.

IMG Blue vs. Strictly This one can go either way and it seems every time I go to put Strictly in a body bag they grunt & claw their way out. This one is a head scratcher for me, but I am going to go with IMG Blue.

WFF Brandon vs. Coral Estates Yes, as pointed out on this thread previously, CES beat WFF Brandon 2-0 in August. But, results lately seem to indicate the teams went in two different directions. WFF Brandon has played well against very good teams and seems more consistent. CES beat Warner in their Round 2 opener and let Warner win the group when CES delivered draws against weak teams (and, reportedly, a short-handed weak team). That doesn't sound like a team that can knock out WFF Brandon. I think WFF Brandon in this one.

OCYS vs. Brevard Soccer Alliance I think this is an easy pick, OCYS should prevail.

Warner vs. Pinecrest Premier If there are two virtual unknowns in this tournament, these two are it. Warner gets a bye thru Round 1 because the they have no competition in Region D and then the aforementioned CES stumbles and bumbles in Round 2, letting Warner sneak into the top spot of the group. Pinecrest put together a team for a State Cup run. They are fast and skilled but little history to gauge their mettle. If Warner can win, they will definite deserve respect and accolades, but I give Pinecrest the nod here.

ACYS vs. Palm Beach Gardens PBG had to win out over AC Delray to survive and they were able to do it. But ACYS is no AC Delray, and ACYS should have an easy day.

Miramar United Red vs. GPS Orlando Some smack talk has already started between these two. I'll make this my GAME OF THE DAY and pick Miramar to win a close one.

GPS West Black vs. JAYFC Armada These two teams fought to a 3-3 draw in February. It is obvious that this is not the same GPS West Black that was State Cup runner up last from last year. This one could go either way, but I think GPS West Black will prevail.

Miramar beat GPS 4-0 MINIMUM

Comment

Miramar beat GPS 4-0 MINIMUM
            This clown isn't even a Miramar supporter. Clearly some Central Florida parent who has something against GPS. I have some friends (parents) on that side and they don't boast on here. By the way, the rumor in South Florida is that Miramar will barely have 11 players. Even missing a few key starters due to SAT and prom. My money is on GPS if they are all at full force.

Comment

Gps black is even better that's last year finalisb

Comment

This clown isn't even a Miramar supporter. Clearly some Central Florida parent who has something against GPS. I have some friends (parents) on that side and they don't boast on here. By the way, the rumor in South Florida is that Miramar will barely have 11 players. Even missing a few key starters due to SAT and prom. My money is on GPS if they are all at full force.
                You have "friends" on the side, you know details on their player status, and you're poor mouthing to lower expectations.

You are most definitely a Mirimar parent.

Comment

I'll say this: If that comes to pass, Clay is not a contender.
                  Any given day. btw. Have your son's team played the Chargers this year?

Comment

No, but they haven't played Celtic, either. You don't have to play a team with a crap record to know they are a crap team.

BTW, I wouldn't book a hotel for Saturday night if I were you.

Comment

OK - but your results and red cards would indicate otherwise - what chances do you give your team? Your answer will prove the point.

Comment

OK - but your results and red cards would indicate otherwise - what chances do you give your team? Your answer will prove the point.
                        I saw Clay play on Saturday and based on the physical appearance of most of the players I thought I was watching a college team on the field. They looked very well organized too, but they were playing a Real Madrid team that has made everyone look great this year.

Who knows, maybe the Rangers with nothing to lose will prove an over confident Clay to be a paper tiger.

Comment

I saw Clay play on Saturday and based on the physical appearance of most of the players I thought I was watching a college team on the field. They looked very well organized too, but they were playing a Real Madrid team that has made everyone look great this year.

Who knows, maybe the Rangers with nothing to lose will prove an over confident Clay to be a paper tiger.
                          Err Chargers?

Comment

Err Chargers?
                            Thanks, multitasking error. The Chargers.

Comment

This week is where the rubber hits the road. Despite the posturing, ACYS, WFF and Clay will have no issues with their games. They are absolute shoo-ins to the 8. 12-1 odds each

GPS West isn't too far behind, would put them at 5-1 to get through.

OC is probably the biggest name primed for a possible upset. BSA played well on Sunday and OC has been inconsistent to say the least. They tend to come back poorly after a couple of weeks off apparently. 3-1 odds at best. Skip the odds and take the under. It'll be 1-0 either way.

Miramar/GPSO/Warner/Pinecrest - does it really matter who wins?

Comment

This week is where the rubber hits the road. Despite the posturing, ACYS, WFF and Clay will have no issues with their games. They are absolute shoo-ins to the 8. 12-1 odds each

GPS West isn't too far behind, would put them at 5-1 to get through.

OC is probably the biggest name primed for a possible upset. BSA played well on Sunday and OC has been inconsistent to say the least. They tend to come back poorly after a couple of weeks off apparently. 3-1 odds at best. Skip the odds and take the under. It'll be 1-0 either way.

Miramar/GPSO/Warner/Pinecrest - does it really matter who wins?

Thank you for your opinion GPS West parent. Your best attacking players from last season are all gone. The winner of GPS Orlando and Miramar will take you out. Both of those teams are better than what's left of yours.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X