Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kid's best friend is leaving OW and she says there's a bunch headed to CFCU
    if your aunt had balls shed be your uncle

Comment

There working on BS too.
      Makes sense - with BS going into lower FC with the younger teams that will make their separation from Chelsea Piers more of a struggle.

Comment

if your aunt had balls shed be your uncle
        what do you keep in your shed, your lawn mower? Or do you live in there?

Comment

My kid's best friend is leaving OW and she says there's a bunch headed to CFCU
          Your kids best friend is exaggerating. There are only 3 going to CFCU and they have all made Oakwood coaches aware of it.

Comment

what do you keep in your shed, your lawn mower? Or do you live in there?
            your wife

Comment

your wife
              Nicely played.

Comment

So what is the deal with United and the coaches for next year? Went to my kid's practice the other day and heard all the current coaches were staying with their teams for next year. Is this common practice at this club?

Comment

So what is the deal with United and the coaches for next year? Went to my kid's practice the other day and heard all the current coaches were staying with their teams for next year. Is this common practice at this club?

My kid has been there a few years now and has had a different coach every year. Not saying it won't happen but I would be surprised.

Comment

United coaches typically stay with a team for 15-17 (the recruiting years). They have permanent coaches at U14 and U18. My guess is last year was different because of the age group change. There were no complete teams to stay with.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                      your kids best friend is exaggerating. There are only 3 going to cfcu and they have all made oakwood coaches aware of it.
                      03, 02, 01,00???

Comment

03, 02, 01,00???
                        Wait for the rosters to be posted. If CFC knows, Oakwood knows and the girls know, why do you need to know

Comment

United coaches typically stay with a team for 15-17 (the recruiting years). They have permanent coaches at U14 and U18. My guess is last year was different because of the age group change. There were no complete teams to stay with.

I believe the past few years they have changed coaches up for each team. Not just last year. Having a different coach every year would benefit the kids in more ways than one. Can't imagine how having same coach all during "recruiting" years benefits anyone. If a new coach can't form an opinion on a particular soccer player after a few practices and intelligently relay that players strengths and weakness to a college coach then maybe they shouldn't be in a position where they help recruit. Also, these coaches field questions, they don't make calls. That's all on the kids and parents. So keeping the same coach for recruiting purposes is BS.

Comment

I believe the past few years they have changed coaches up for each team. Not just last year. Having a different coach every year would benefit the kids in more ways than one. Can't imagine how having same coach all during "recruiting" years benefits anyone. If a new coach can't form an opinion on a particular soccer player after a few practices and intelligently relay that players strengths and weakness to a college coach then maybe they shouldn't be in a position where they help recruit. Also, these coaches field questions, they don't make calls. That's all on the kids and parents. So keeping the same coach for recruiting purposes is BS.
                            you are clueless
                            if changing coaches is so good why doesn't the NFL,Ncaa teams do it- continuity has its benefits.
                            and coaches do make calls- how do I know? because my kid would have never found the school she plays at without her club coach. she was recruited by a number of schools but didn't love any of them, club coach contact found the right fit

Comment

you are clueless
                              if changing coaches is so good why doesn't the NFL,Ncaa teams do it- continuity has its benefits.
                              and coaches do make calls- how do I know? because my kid would have never found the school she plays at without her club coach. she was recruited by a number of schools but didn't love any of them, club coach contact found the right fit

This is true on many counts but you need to take into account that NFL players are not high school aged. They aren't still developing and learning. They are at the top of their game, that's why they are in the NFL. There is something to be said for developing kids with various perspectives and views on how the game is played and keeping practices fresh and interesting. Tie a kid down with the same coach year after year and they are learning nothing new and may lose interest. These are teenagers who still need different perspectives and views. As for college coaches making calls I can't speak to that but I suspect there are many coaches out there who have the connections and can make the calls. Many who can't or don't. Glad it worked out so well for your child. Good news.

Comment

Wait for the rosters to be posted. If CFC knows, Oakwood knows and the girls know, why do you need to know
                                Curious to see what if any additions there are. Not many outsiders at my players' team practices; a few she said were quite good, the others much less so. But both the ECNL and NPL roster for her age group are pretty maxed out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X