Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Will John Madding, Gavin Wilkinson and Merritt Paulson be at the town hall to defend themselves. Also is it ok for authorities and Press attend as well.
    Understand Baker thought it meant something to be the President of OYSA when he ran. He had no clue that the OYSA had become a shell corporation of Peregrine. Go to the town hall and view the emperor'sm OYSA board & staff new clothes..Hans Christian Andersen.

Comment

Understand Baker thought it meant something to be the President of OYSA when he ran. He had no clue that the OYSA had become a shell corporation of Peregrine. Go to the town hall and view the emperor'sm OYSA board & staff new clothes..Hans Christian Andersen.
      Can we all show up and shout "you lie!" like people are doing at town hall meetings around the country? I hear Greg Walden got an earful last night. Maybe this Baker guy needs to hear it too.

Comment

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. We live in a world with soccer leagues run by organizations. Those leagues need to be protected by rich white men in office buildings. Whose gonna do that? You?!? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for OPL, and curse OYSA. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know - that OPL's death, while tragic, probably saved jobs, and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, ensures everyone in Oregon pays for 96 girls to play soccer on the cheap.

See you at the Town Hall,

Steve
        Uhhhhhh you realize OPL was a for profit enterprise, right?

Comment

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth. We live in a world with soccer leagues run by organizations. Those leagues need to be protected by rich white men in office buildings. Whose gonna do that? You?!? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for OPL, and curse OYSA. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know - that OPL's death, while tragic, probably saved jobs, and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, ensures everyone in Oregon pays for 96 girls to play soccer on the cheap.

See you at the Town Hall,

Steve
          Thank you for this post. A good laugh is priceless!

Comment

Thank you for this post. A good laugh is priceless!

So how dido the town hall go?

Comment

So how dido the town hall go?
              Total waste of time. Just a bunch of complaining. No productive questions.

Comment

Given their (OYSA) scope of duties and responsibilities did anyone ask the only obvious and pertinent question?

Can the OYSA Player & Coach membership card be stamped with a Timbers Logo for co-branding purposes as a new source of revenue for the association?

Comment

Why didn't you ask one then?

Comment

Given their (OYSA) scope of duties and responsibilities did anyone ask the only obvious and pertinent question?

Can the OYSA Player & Coach membership card be stamped with a Timbers Logo for co-branding purposes as a new source of revenue for the association?
                    Were they forthcoming regarding the John Madding embezzlement? How much did he take and how did they miss it?

Please tell me someone asked this question.

Comment

Were they forthcoming regarding the John Madding embezzlement? How much did he take and how did they miss it?

A number of questions were asked about this.

Looks more like incompetence (and potentially conflicts as it relates to the Timbers) than criminality.

Comment

Embezzlement?

If "embezzling" has occurred, that's a matter for the police.

But please note--embezzlement means a rather specific thing: the deliberate stealing of money from an organization by a treasurer or some other person charged with taking care of funds. It does not mean signing a bad deal--even if said deal were motivated by graft. No matter what you might think of the Peregrine deal, it does not constitute embezzlement. (Even if a kickback were being paid, it wouldn't meet the definition of embezzlement, even though that sort of corruption would likely constitute a crime, and at minimum, a civil tort).

Be careful with accusations that if untrue, could easily constitute libel.

Comment

Embezzlement?

If "embezzling" has occurred, that's a matter for the police.

But please note--embezzlement means a rather specific thing: the deliberate stealing of money from an organization by a treasurer or some other person charged with taking care of funds. It does not mean signing a bad deal--even if said deal were motivated by graft. No matter what you might think of the Peregrine deal, it does not constitute embezzlement. (Even if a kickback were being paid, it wouldn't meet the definition of embezzlement, even though that sort of corruption would likely constitute a crime, and at minimum, a civil tort).

Be careful with accusations that if untrue, could easily constitute libel.
                          Embezzlement is exactly what I meant.

Comment

A number of questions were asked about this.

Looks more like incompetence (and potentially conflicts as it relates to the Timbers) than criminality.
                            Then the conflict is OYSA lying to cover their own asses.

Comment

From: Roberta Cloutier [mailto:roberta@oregonyouthsoccer.org]
                              Sent: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:48 AM
                              Subject: Portland Town Hall Meeting

Hello Everyone,

I’m following up with a few updates since our town hall meeting last weekend. More will come from our President, Steve Baker.

I’d be remiss however to not first of all thank you for attending! There were some tough questions, and this was the first opportunity we had seen in recent years that a town hall meeting was attended in such numbers. Your questions were tough. Your questions were fair. Above all however, your questions were welcomed. You have genuine concerns and we hear you and recognize them, and are working to manage them. We expressed our desire to help you, and that is prompting this email.

We’re committing to do a better job of transparency and communication. So, here is where we are at so far…

I met with Gavin and Mike Monday, and it was a good meeting. Our discussion was league/cup staffing management. I will be sending an announcement to all club’s tomorrow with this information. We are making progress, and a turn toward some of the key areas you pointed out. Steve will be meeting with Gavin later to discuss the contract and other questions that have been brought up. Matt will be attending the League Steering Committee this Friday. As we discussed in the meeting, this is not going to be an overnight fix, but something that takes time. We have started the process. It was reassuring to hear that you all supported us, and were even willing to assist with resources.

Steve will also be meeting with Mike this week about our board meeting next week in Providence Park that Gavin will be attending to answer questions from the board.
                              You can be assured your concerns are our concerns, too, and we are voicing them. I believe that the Timbers also realize there are concerns and issues, and that they want to be amicable, too. Times have changed since 2014, and they realize that, too. This is another opportunity to move in the right direction.

More to come, but certainly want to make sure you are kept in the loop more often.

Thanks again everyone, and as always, feel free to reach out if there are issues.

Looking forward to working with all of you.

Roberta Cloutier

Comment

From: Roberta Cloutier [mailto:roberta@oregonyouthsoccer.org]
                                Sent: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:48 AM
                                Subject: Portland Town Hall Meeting

Hello Everyone,

I’m following up with a few updates since our town hall meeting last weekend. More will come from our President, Steve Baker.

I’d be remiss however to not first of all thank you for attending! There were some tough questions, and this was the first opportunity we had seen in recent years that a town hall meeting was attended in such numbers. Your questions were tough. Your questions were fair. Above all however, your questions were welcomed. You have genuine concerns and we hear you and recognize them, and are working to manage them. We expressed our desire to help you, and that is prompting this email.

We’re committing to do a better job of transparency and communication. So, here is where we are at so far…

I met with Gavin and Mike Monday, and it was a good meeting. Our discussion was league/cup staffing management. I will be sending an announcement to all club’s tomorrow with this information. We are making progress, and a turn toward some of the key areas you pointed out. Steve will be meeting with Gavin later to discuss the contract and other questions that have been brought up. Matt will be attending the League Steering Committee this Friday. As we discussed in the meeting, this is not going to be an overnight fix, but something that takes time. We have started the process. It was reassuring to hear that you all supported us, and were even willing to assist with resources.

Steve will also be meeting with Mike this week about our board meeting next week in Providence Park that Gavin will be attending to answer questions from the board.
                                You can be assured your concerns are our concerns, too, and we are voicing them. I believe that the Timbers also realize there are concerns and issues, and that they want to be amicable, too. Times have changed since 2014, and they realize that, too. This is another opportunity to move in the right direction.

More to come, but certainly want to make sure you are kept in the loop more often.

Thanks again everyone, and as always, feel free to reach out if there are issues.

Looking forward to working with all of you.

Roberta Cloutier
                                Nice use of lots of words to say nothing meaningful.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X