Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've bumped my head a time or two. Apparently it has allowed me to see what you cannot or don't care to actually educate yourself on. Georgia leagues and tournaments don't report to Got Soccer. The only time Georgia teams get points is when they leave the state, i.e. Disney tournament. Check it out, you might learn something, or not.
    I'm not going to waste a whole lot of time arguing, so just for the hell of it I pulled up one random team in Georgia and see that they have GotSoccer results for Georgia Athena Fall League, NASA Adidas Cup, Tophat Girls' Classic, etc. Not sure what you're looking at, but yeah, I guess I learned something. That is as I thought, that you're stupid.

Comment

got soccer serves a useful purpose in that it is the source of the games reported on youthsoccerankings.us, which actually provides useful and somewhat accurate rankings.

Other than that one useful purpose, it should be called got****.com

Comment

got soccer serves a useful purpose in that it is the source of the games reported on youthsoccerankings.us, which actually provides useful and somewhat accurate rankings.

Other than that one useful purpose, it should be called got****.com
        Sh!t results in, Sh!t rankings out. I've never had an issue with GotSoccer, probably because my kids team wins games.

Comment

Sh!t results in, Sh!t rankings out. I've never had an issue with GotSoccer, probably because my kids team wins games.
          Your kid likely wins gotsoccer points playing in low level tourneys. All you have to do is see that in some ages a clubs second team is ranked higher than the first.....why? Answer - they play in lower level leagues and tournaments and get their gotsoccer points. At least the youth soccer rankings are directionally correct, far from perfect but not the joke that is GS.

Comment

Your kid likely wins gotsoccer points playing in low level tourneys. All you have to do is see that in some ages a clubs second team is ranked higher than the first.....why? Answer - they play in lower level leagues and tournaments and get their gotsoccer points. At least the youth soccer rankings are directionally correct, far from perfect but not the joke that is GS.
            Please point me to an example of this so I can see what you're talking about. Not saying you're wrong, just curious.

Comment

Please point me to an example of this so I can see what you're talking about. Not saying you're wrong, just curious.
              Go to GotSoccer Team Rankings, State Ranking, U15 Boys. OCYS Purple II is ranked #15 and OCYS Purple I is ranked #17. Anyone who has played these teams or watched them play would agree Purple I is much better (top 10 team).

Comment

Go to GotSoccer Team Rankings, State Ranking, U15 Boys. OCYS Purple II is ranked #15 and OCYS Purple I is ranked #17. Anyone who has played these teams or watched them play would agree Purple I is much better (top 10 team).
                Same with TBU 04 girls teams. The Pre-ECNL team is 12 and the Premier team is 3.

Comment

Teams and clubs make their leaving gaming the GS system. It's well known. Some teams will enter an absurd number of tournaments to push their rankings up.

Comment

Same with TBU 04 girls teams. The Pre-ECNL team is 12 and the Premier team is 3.
                    Same with TBU's 03 girls teams. I think the premier (lower) team inherited a lot of GS points from last year's 02-03 team, and until those points fall off they will have a ranking much higher than is appropriate.

So it is not all because the system was gamed....sometimes is also partially because the system just sucks.

I wish i never had to hear about GS rankings again. They are ****.

Comment

Why is that in the US, there seems to be a rush to screw around with a sport that doesn't need meddling with?

This ranking of youth teams is absolutely absurd.

For the rest of the world soccer is a PASTIME first, a SPORT second and THEN a business last.
                      This is where the big difference is between US kids and the rest of the world.

Up until kids reach say 15 or 16, football (soccer) in the Europe is viewed as a recreational socially adept pastime.

Its only when the best players that go onto to the Academies that you will see the emphasis on 'Business' first.

Comment

Why is that in the US, there seems to be a rush to screw around with a sport that doesn't need meddling with?

For the rest of the world soccer is a PASTIME first, a SPORT second and THEN a business last.

Up until kids reach say 15 or 16, football (soccer) in the Europe is viewed as a recreational socially adept pastime.

Its only when the best players that go onto to the Academies that you will see the emphasis on 'Business' first.
                        I disagree. The academies are serious about soccer as young as 5-7 years old. But they don't value games the way Americans do and they are also much more invested in the system as a business model where the boys are the assets and you don't risk your assets (limiting training/games, making sure players eat healthy and have trainers available, etc).

Now if you equate travel soccer to the REST of Europe's youth leagues then yeah . . . they don't really care. Unless you are spotted by an academy, you are just playing for recreation. Winning is not the priority for the academies because they are trying to develop individual players to sell down the line. Whether winning is important to the rest of the leagues and teams probably varies per region/culture.

Comment

I am not sure which European country you are talking about, I grew up and play in 2 EIU countries until i was 19 and i can guarantee you that boys youth soccer is NOT a rec sport - what king of BS statement is that. The only major difference is that high level soccer is not a money making business as it is in the US hence everyone that displays talent has a chance to move up unlike the pay per play system in the US

Comment

U14 State Cup. Royal Palm Beach is ranked #25 and beat #2 Weston Black 4-0 yet they will not sniff the top ten and Weston will barely move when GotSoccer adjusts.

Comment

U14 State Cup. Royal Palm Beach is ranked #25 and beat #2 Weston Black 4-0 yet they will not sniff the top ten and Weston will barely move when GotSoccer adjusts.
                              Gotsoccer is a scam to force teams to chase tournament points. Youthsoccerrankings is far from perfect but more directionally correct than Got will ever be. All you have to do is look at state Cup results. The reason why people need to care is that Got is used to seed teams in tournaments ....a disservice to all.

Comment

Gotsoccer is a scam to force teams to chase tournament points. Youthsoccerrankings is far from perfect but more directionally correct than Got will ever be. All you have to do is look at state Cup results. The reason why people need to care is that Got is used to seed teams in tournaments ....a disservice to all.
                                GS was basically first and is therefore well entrenched. Until someone comes up with a better system AND can convince tourneys to switch it will likely stay that way.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X