Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are they really going to take a bus to Utah to play one game? That's a 5 day trip with driving - for one game. I know the whole GDA model is fewer games more training - but you lose training days sitting on a bus. And you also lose classroom days. I guess if you can't afford to fly and have a strong player GDA might be a good idea...?
    Not to mention that GDA only plays 1 game per weekend. 15 away games means 15 trips...

Comment

Oregon ECNL also have Colorado and Utah in their brackets. Keep in mind that players at this level don't mind a flight to a game with their teams and many girls actually look forward to it.
      And when the ECNL teams travel they play 2 or 3 games on each trip. GDA will play 1 game per trip - that's a lot of bus rides.

Comment

Not to mention that GDA only plays 1 game per weekend. 15 away games means 15 trips...
        Exactly the point I was making. One trip = one game works just fine for professional athletes. It does not work for children who should be attending school. Look for GDA players to sign up en masse for Connections Academy next year. How sad.

Comment

Exactly the point I was making. One trip = one game works just fine for professional athletes. It does not work for children who should be attending school. Look for GDA players to sign up en masse for Connections Academy next year. How sad.
          Good thing the games are on weekends and they will be flying to all but Seattle!

Comment

This regional league will turn into a west coast league by next year. Cant wait to see those vs SoCal results. I am sure the college coaches cant wait either.

GDA should have funded about 25 deserving clubs and the NWSL clubs.
            SoCal won't and doesn't need to travel out of SoCal for games. SoCal is the hotbed of girls soccer and won't ever bother to play lowly NorCal or PNW teams.

Comment

Good thing the games are on weekends and they will be flying to all but Seattle!
              So they'll be missing Friday's at school to fly out. Game Saturday fly back Sunday. They'll be missing high school soccer. They'll be missing all other extracurriculars because if Friday is a travel day and they are mandated to have practice four days/week, they will practice Monday through Thursday. Missing other sports as well.

Giving up a lot. What exactly are you getting in return besides soccer welfare to pay your fees?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X