Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You think a guy who doesn't care about winning is going to come in a put up tons of numbers? He is going to do the least amount to get by and collect his check. When the poop hits the fan he won't be pitching in. Where do you work Candyland? A winner is going to know how to play the game and pick up teammates that are under performing while pulling in sales for himself.

The guy with the certifications..... they are called participation trophies. A winner will come in with an existing book of business he poached from his last place of employment and turn them into your customers.

You need a reality check. Speaking of checking have you checked little Landon's homework yet?
    No, chucklehead. I want someone who does more than only care about numbers. I want them to understand what they are doing, and are a well developed employee.

The guy that only cares about winning...only cares about himself. No place for that in my company.

I don't want someone coming in with a book a business from his old job. I'd prefer to get and keep an employee...someone who knows what he's doing.

Comment

You are making my point. You have to develop the whole team if you want to win. Yeah, even the guys on the bench. You know, the ones you don't care about playing time.

No, the coach needs to create an environment of learning, training, fitness and development. Players need to put the team first, work hard, and play together.

Funny to read the business career analogies in response to my post. A successful company focuses on providing great products or services and outstanding customer service. What's that you say?

Ha! Each kid spends 8 hours learning every position for every 1 hour that they don't play it in a game. Just because I have my best center-mid playing center-mid doesn't mean that the other kids can't play it. And those other kids can earn the right to play center-mid in games by putting in the effort.

And if "Winning happens as a result of leadership, quality trainings, personal and collective development, team and player morale, attitude, work ethic, commitment, etc. ", then isn't a focus on winning good because you have to create that environment? How do you think wins happen??? You have to develop the kids if you want to win. If you want to win a car race, you better develop a good racecar!

Comment

You play sports to win, if you don't then you are a loser and that will carry over into your adult life.
        Players play, coaches coach.

Comment

Development should lead to wins. It's that simple.

Comment

Development should lead to wins. It's that simple.
            Depends on the type of development. Suppose you had a team that can pass and trap really well but they were constantly getting beat on corner kicks. As their coach, you could continue to develop their trapping and passing, but it wouldn't help the teams chances much. Instead, by looking at how the team is deficient (in this case corner kicks) and then correcting it, you're doing a greater service to the players because they are gaining skills that help them in a real game situation. Yes, even the bench warmers. Coaches need to monitor how their team is losing and choose a training schedule that will correct it. That will also develop the team. So no...Development doesn't necessarily lead to wins if you're not focusing on development that will help the teams win. Look to find where your teams learning curve is steepest and work on that first.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X