Road
    Dead

Comment

F'n
      Old
      Rusty
      Defect

Comment

If my kid is on CT rush, should I be worried? I have no idea who Jsal is...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          He's the founder. Hes been involved in the soccer here in CT for awhile with some mixed results

Hard to say if you have any worries. Club bashing can be brutal this time of year. However there's some truth here. Question is whether this will sink Rush or not. My thought is that it won't because this shall pass.

Comment

Runs/owns it all. Has a reputation for building then bailing. Rush has lasted longer than his prior stints. I wouldn't panic yet - TS is always filled with rumors that prove to be untrue. But I'd keep my spidey sense on high alert. It's always a good idea every year to explore what your other options are because 1) you never know what might happen 2) there might be an even better situation out there you're unaware of.

Comment

Runs/owns it all. Has a reputation for building then bailing. Rush has lasted longer than his prior stints. I wouldn't panic yet - TS is always filled with rumors that prove to be untrue. But I'd keep my spidey sense on high alert. It's always a good idea every year to explore what your other options are because 1) you never know what might happen 2) there might be an even better situation out there you're unaware of.
              Not worried on shoreline. My kids team is strong and most have been together for a few years. Excellent coach and a team of connected kids. I have seen John from time to time watching. I have never spoken with him but don't need to. The same three or four guys have been running the branch for last several years. They are local and always approachable

Comment

There are three branches in the CT empire for Rush. Wilton is 4 years old and Shoreline and the Taft branch started a year after Wilton. The Wilton branch is run by Prince and they have competitive teams and do well. Shoreline have a couple of guys running the show and they are also competitive across the board. JS runs the Taft branch and it is a sh*t show. Guys not getting paid, ready to leave and teams far less competitive with a few exceptions. If you talk to any of the guys at the branches they all say the same thing. Keep JS away from me and let me do my job. He will just F*ck it up. I know all the guys and every one of them feels he does not take care of the them and is looking out for himself. Would not be surprised at seeing a couple of them gone next year.

Comment

Not worried on shoreline. My kids team is strong and most have been together for a few years. Excellent coach and a team of connected kids. I have seen John from time to time watching. I have never spoken with him but don't need to. The same three or four guys have been running the branch for last several years. They are local and always approachable
                  No matter how good the teams or coaches are, if there are no paychecks the club will fold. Even the coaches who live and breathe soccer need to put food on the table and gas in their cars.

Comment

Some good guys running the branches. It w. ould be a shame to see things crash and burn. Part of me thinks this is all rumour but you just can't put it past JS to screw things up again. I thought others were overseeing the Taft operation??

Comment

JS took over The Taft branch about a year ago. He had Phil running the branch but dumped him and took over operations. JS thought he could move in on Taft but he made serious miscalculation. Phil has Taft locked up and JS does not have the juice to take over that connection. Now JS has pissed off former Director on his hands. Will be very interesting how this plays out. Love it!

Comment

JS took over The Taft branch about a year ago. He had Phil running the branch but dumped him and took over operations. JS thought he could move in on Taft but he made serious miscalculation. Phil has Taft locked up and JS does not have the juice to take over that connection. Now JS has pissed off former Director on his hands. Will be very interesting how this plays out. Love it!
                        So true. Phil has been at Taft for many years and many clubs. That's his turf.

Comment

My kid played for DV's Rush franchise. That was the best year of her DV experiences. Rush runs a good program and their tournament is a lot of fun. DV couldnt make a go of it because of his own issues but the mother club itself was very well run and had great opportunities for better kids through Rush Select and player loans to other Rush branches for tournaments and showcases out of state. Hopefully the Ct branch will continue.

Comment

JS bad all around

What's amazing is that anyone would continue to do business with JS given his decades in CT. His engagements always end the same. Just as amazing is that coaches would continue to work for him - they all know what a cheap self-centered bastard he is.

There are bad coaches out there. Bad club managers out there. But JS is a bad person. No fixing that.

Comment

What's amazing is that anyone would continue to do business with JS given his decades in CT. His engagements always end the same. Just as amazing is that coaches would continue to work for him - they all know what a cheap self-centered bastard he is.

There are bad coaches out there. Bad club managers out there. But JS is a bad person. No fixing that.
                              Happy on shoreline. Never seen the guy. Two kids in program. Grounded coaching. My kid has improved. I drive 10 miles to practice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X