Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow, you a kinda a jerk! It never actually occurred to me that she wouldn't play D1 soccer as there is no doubt in my mind that the opportunity will be there for her if she wants it. Why on earth would she drop to NPL? She knows where she is now - in the position of her choice with good minutes. She is not fighting a battle to stay relevant. She is trying to figure out where she fits in this whole new landscape between DA and ECNL. Truth is, none of us really know how this whole thing will shake out. And none of us know if what USSF says will happen in training, will really happen.
    So if you are that fired up about her D1 prospects why are you here dissing the DA as hard as you are? Aren't you the one who has been saying your kid would be around the 15th player on a DA roster and because of that the DA would be too much of a sacrifice for her? If so, you are the one defining your kid as really a mid tier D1 prospect. Where do you think the ECNL and her high school team is going to take that type of player that playing on a good solid NPL team and her high school team won't?

Comment

So if you are that fired up about her D1 prospects why are you here dissing the DA as hard as you are? Aren't you the one who has been saying your kid would be around the 15th player on a DA roster and because of that the DA would be too much of a sacrifice for her? If so, you are the one defining your kid as really a mid tier D1 prospect. Where do you think the ECNL and her high school team is going to take that type of player that playing on a good solid NPL team and her high school team won't?
      Too, too, too funny. BTNT has a big place in the world for GDA, and also a place for NPL but unfortunately nothing that fits for ECNL. Shocker.

Comment

Now he's gone off the deep end. Maybe the poster's kid should just drop down to rec?

Comment

Another jerk. I never dissed anything. I am actually trying to figure this mess out. Nor am I defining my middle school kid. Already said my kid doesn't care about high school. You cannot compare ECNL and NPL - particularly in light of this mess. But I do think you are crazy if you truly believe what happens in reality will accurately reflect what has been put down on paper. It is already changing by the day. If go into any program with blinders on you truly are an idiot.

Comment

Another jerk. I never dissed anything. I am actually trying to figure this mess out. Nor am I defining my middle school kid. Already said my kid doesn't care about high school. You cannot compare ECNL and NPL - particularly in light of this mess. But I do think you are crazy if you truly believe what happens in reality will accurately reflect what has been put down on paper. It is already changing by the day. If go into any program with blinders on you truly are an idiot.
            LOL. And you are just our familiar troll pushing out one of your latest fictions.

Comment

Absolutely can compare. Not much different actually only the ECNL makes you travel a lot more.

Comment

LOL. And you are just our familiar troll pushing out one of your latest fictions.
                This is how you know it is our familiar troll. Don't see where there was any suggestion that the guys kid wasn't a D1 prospect, just not a terribly high level one. Does that level of player really need to be in the ECNL? After all it would seem that the OP (our troll) has basically been all over this site the past saying that the DA is too much for his daughter. Well if the DA is too much for her, asking what the ECNL is going to do for her is pretty much a no brainer question. It's pretty clear who the responder is with their rapid fire response and their hateful responses are all too transparent.

Or maybe they should take a big step backwards and take the opportunity to rethink what they are doing with soccer and where it potentially is heading for their child. Not to be snarky, but they are not describing a terribly high level player that at this point in time (middle school) would appear to have high level scholarship options in their future. Unless they are willing to fully sell out and commit to chasing that option it would seem that their child is a middle of the road player so even the ECNL might be a little aggressive for that path never mind the DA. There is nothing wrong with switching to a good team with more of a local focus. Might even increase the minutes and prestige of the player, both of which are always good for a developing psyche because fighting the battle to stay relevant on a top tier team can be particularly frustrating especially come the recruiting years when the realities of recruiting interest can be like a cold shower to everyone's ego.
                I would think a middle of the pack ECNL player (on Breakers or Stars) is headed D1?? Maybe not Duke or Penn State, but just about every player on the current Breakers ECNL team (98/99) is committed to a D1 school. Are you suggesting that player drop down to play on an NPL team?? I know not EVERY player is headed to the NT, but I would think a D1 commit should be pushing themselves to play at the highest level possible.

Comment

Do not keep responding to BTNT. You are falling into his bottomless pathological web. As you can see, when confronted he then tries to further discredit you by suggesting you are someone else creating fictions. The irony of course is that he is the only person on TS who fictionalizes over and over and over.

Comment

This is how you know it is our familiar troll. Don't see where there was any suggestion that the guys kid wasn't a D1 prospect, just not a terribly high level one. Does that level of player really need to be in the ECNL? After all it would seem that the OP (our troll) has basically been all over this site the past saying that the DA is too much for his daughter. Well if the DA is too much for her, asking what the ECNL is going to do for her is pretty much a no brainer question. It's pretty clear who the responder is with their rapid fire response and their hateful responses are all too transparent.
                    You are so sick, BTNT. How come you justify every possible placement except for ECNL? Why don't you just get everything off your chest and admit why you hate Stars so much.

Comment

You are so sick, BTNT. How come you justify every possible placement except for ECNL? Why don't you just get everything off your chest and admit why you hate Stars so much.
                      This is actually humorous. I wrote original post and not even sure I can follow.

Comment

Absolutely can compare. Not much different actually only the ECNL makes you travel a lot more.
                        Third tier next year. No denying that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just remember we are talking about the adult son (50-something) of one of Boston's all-time sports legends. Went to Duke to play football but couldn't cut it even at a weak football program, and now miserable and hateful to his core and we have to pay for it every day here.

Comment

Just remember we are talking about the adult son (50-something) of one of Boston's all-time sports legends. Went to Duke to play football but couldn't cut it even at a weak football program, and now miserable and hateful to his core and we have to pay for it every day here.
                            Imagine what his family goes through

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X