Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That LI is full of crybaby parents who move their kids constantly if they aren't superstars and Barca has the cojones to tell them?
    Most LI soccer parents are emotional train wrecks, constantly outraged and offended any time someone has a different opinion. Is par of the course.

Comment

Barca is calling every organization under the sun to get fields. It’s actually becoming comical they are now trying to create “strategic partnerships” With anyone willing. They are even trying to get money from a father of a kid they didn’t take on the first team last year. He left the club and pulled 5-6 players with him, and now will be on the 1st team and his company is going to be a “corporate sponsor”. More than a club for sure
      To break it down, your post appears to have inside information on Barca's corporate activities, plus, the potential strategic partnerships of "every organization under the sun"; and if that is not enough to keep track of, you are also knowledgeable about a particular player not on the first team last year (what team, we don't know), that moved, and knowledge about how that child convinced 5-6 other players to leave with him; knowledge about 5-6 other players families and why they moved, knowledge about that player now coming back and playing on the first team, and knowledge about the corporate sponsorships that the father of that player may now undertake.

I am on the edge of my seat, are the 5-6 players coming back with him or not?

When you make something up, it has to be believable if briefly analyzed, let me show you what I would have done, I think you will like the results and you can use going forward to make up stuff about Barca; you are welcome.

"I work Suffolk County on LI; my boss (not going to say where I work), called me into his office and asked me about kids soccer, he knows my son plays since I bore him every Monday with soccer stories. Well he asked "have you ever heard of [Barca]?; well they called here looking to sell us on partnering with them on a sponsorship deal (lets just say we are a regional company, not mom and pop and not national but definitely clients all over NY and lower CT); they even said that if anyone from the firm went over to Spain, they would be welcome attend a game or a practice. Isn't that crazy, if they are calling us, then they must be calling every organization under the sun because we have never done that before, as far as I know. I told my boss that I have a buddy with a player, that is okay not great, that left last year and I think is going back next year; player is a nice kid, natural leader, other kids seem to want to play with him, he may even make the first team next year, and that my buddy seemed to like the club. I then called my buddy that Barca were looking for corporate sponsors, that he may want to look into it, may help his son with being selected for first team, you never know. What do you know, last week, my buddy called and told me "my boy is on Pro; thanks to you". Never asked him what that meant.

More than a club for sure"

Well, how did I do; feel free to use that one.

Comment

To break it down, your post appears to have inside information on Barca's corporate activities, plus, the potential strategic partnerships of "every organization under the sun"; and if that is not enough to keep track of, you are also knowledgeable about a particular player not on the first team last year (what team, we don't know), that moved, and knowledge about how that child convinced 5-6 other players to leave with him; knowledge about 5-6 other players families and why they moved, knowledge about that player now coming back and playing on the first team, and knowledge about the corporate sponsorships that the father of that player may now undertake.

I am on the edge of my seat, are the 5-6 players coming back with him or not?

When you make something up, it has to be believable if briefly analyzed, let me show you what I would have done, I think you will like the results and you can use going forward to make up stuff about Barca; you are welcome.

"I work Suffolk County on LI; my boss (not going to say where I work), called me into his office and asked me about kids soccer, he knows my son plays since I bore him every Monday with soccer stories. Well he asked "have you ever heard of [Barca]?; well they called here looking to sell us on partnering with them on a sponsorship deal (lets just say we are a regional company, not mom and pop and not national but definitely clients all over NY and lower CT); they even said that if anyone from the firm went over to Spain, they would be welcome attend a game or a practice. Isn't that crazy, if they are calling us, then they must be calling every organization under the sun because we have never done that before, as far as I know. I told my boss that I have a buddy with a player, that is okay not great, that left last year and I think is going back next year; player is a nice kid, natural leader, other kids seem to want to play with him, he may even make the first team next year, and that my buddy seemed to like the club. I then called my buddy that Barca were looking for corporate sponsors, that he may want to look into it, may help his son with being selected for first team, you never know. What do you know, last week, my buddy called and told me "my boy is on Pro; thanks to you". Never asked him what that meant.

More than a club for sure"

Well, how did I do; feel free to use that one.
        excellent sir. i applaud you. do you work at Liar's, Inc. as a professional tall tale teller?

that was really beautiful.

Comment

Barca - Hofstra - UGH

excellent sir. i applaud you. do you work at Liar's, Inc. as a professional tall tale teller?

that was really beautiful.
          it may very well be true. its no secret that soccer is as much political than anything else. (did you really think otherwise?)

"Sometimes its not what you know, its who you know"

Comment

The story is true carpetbagger parent chasing a trophy joined a NY Cup winning team that beat Barca. Brings three other kids with him. Team goes undefeated one tie, not able to complete cup because of covid. One kid moves out of state, corporate dick gives sponsorship money to Barca now the kid who was losing playing time goes back to Barca “Pro” team. Then another kid pretty talented goes back to Barca the team that demoted him to be on Pro again.

The kid that stayed had little playing time on the top team stuck with it played a lot on second team and will be better than the three that left.

The two that went back to Barca will be buying another jersey next year at some other club.

Have fun figuring out what field practice and games are at.

Comment

You can not lose hope with Barça! They want NY to workout! Their main office is NYC and they will not leave NYC. They will eventually find a location. Other organizations don’t want it to succeed but the fact is that it helps Long Island soccer.

Comment

Barca did not open offices in NYC in order to oversee a franchise academy in Long Island. They opened up to build its brand overseas. Stop with them being in NYC, Barca Pro no way contributes to corporate coffers. You are a burden that has no upside, the only thing that you have going for you is that Barca doesn't want to lose face by having their NY affiliate go belly-up. I see another name change in your future.

Comment

You can not lose hope with Barça! They want NY to workout! Their main office is NYC and they will not leave NYC. They will eventually find a location. Other organizations don’t want it to succeed but the fact is that it helps Long Island soccer.
                  Barca needs a reboot. The best place for them to do that is in NJ.

Comment

Barca needs a reboot. The best place for them to do that is in NJ.
                    Spain would be better

Comment

Barca - Hofstra - UGH

Spain would be better
                      what a hater!!! someone is obviously threatened! is this moussa?

Comment

Barca did not open offices in NYC in order to oversee a franchise academy in Long Island. They opened up to build its brand overseas. Stop with them being in NYC, Barca Pro no way contributes to corporate coffers. You are a burden that has no upside, the only thing that you have going for you is that Barca doesn't want to lose face by having their NY affiliate go belly-up. I see another name change in your future.
                        Of course they don’t want to lose face! Their name is the academy and so is all the others around the world! They will make it work because it’s NY!

Comment

Well you really make no sense!!

Comment

Barca has fields, they used Cantiague and they also train at the HS in Dix Hills. They were there this week. And any players that join Barca will receive a large discount because the FC Barcelona is paying for it.

Comment

And would still have the BEST First teams around the area. Ha!

#SUSASUCKS
                              Barca teams have all down graded and aside from 2006 they have no top teams. They are now an average club with average players on the boys side and nothing on girls side. They hired some very poor coaches recently. Local club hopper trainers. The entire 2004 team saw the writing on the wall and they all left and now play under Amityville FC.

Parents need to find another team before it is too late. Everyone is leaving and this could be Barca Pro last season in existence.

Comment

Barca has fields, they used Cantiague and they also train at the HS in Dix Hills. They were there this week. And any players that join Barca will receive a large discount because the FC Barcelona is paying for it.
                                Barca was just denied all Nassau county fields. They are using crappy grass at Cantiague. They are not able to book the turf. The owners left. Money is gone. Top players left. They are in trouble. Terrible training. Was great but they moved all good ones to FL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X