Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Washington

Notices

Washington Discussions about Washington soccer.

Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Arenít they also banned from going out of state to play games because then they could bring the virus back in? Makes sense but donít see how ecnl plays games out of state, especially in Texas.
The sooner everyone gets this the sooner we can get back to normal life. I had it. Just a couple flu-like days and a cough for three weeks. Took about a month to be able to smell my morning coffee which was the worst part for me. I tele-commute so I didn't miss any work.
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
The sooner everyone gets this the sooner we can get back to normal life. I had it. Just a couple flu-like days and a cough for three weeks. Took about a month to be able to smell my morning coffee which was the worst part for me. I tele-commute so I didn't miss any work.
Since no one can figure out how to give the vaccine, that's probaby what needs to happen.
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Arenít they also banned from going out of state to play games because then they could bring the virus back in? Makes sense but donít see how ecnl plays games out of state, especially in Texas.
Nothing ďbansĒ teams from playing out of state outside of specific clubs deciding to ban out of state travel.

Only aware of the RCL coming out in writing positively allowing out of state travel. Not aware of any ban by US Club or ECNL.

So far it's just a club to club issue.

From RCL:

ďThe RCS voted this week to allow RCL teams to play out of state, and there will be no consequences from the RCS.
RCS recommend that clubs should still make sure their county does not have a problem when they return.
Please note that this ONLY applies to RCL clubs. ď

https://washingtonyouthsoccer.org/wa...-5fa56e14-5cb8
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Default none

Quote:
Both PacNW and WPFC went to the ECNL South Florida event last month without problem. Shouldnít parents have a say whether to send their kids? Let the kids play and give them the option to go.
Pretty sure they went to Phoenix showcase, not Florida which just took place - FWIW.
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm glad you recovered and could continue to work through your illness. But you understand that not everyone has such an easy time of it, right? Your experience is not predictive of how anyone else will fare. I know people who've been in ICU and recovered after weeks in hospital, folks who are "long haulers" who can't shake the symptoms after months, and people who had a completely asymtopmatic case. To say people should just get it is like encouraging people to not wear a seatbelt.
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm glad you recovered and could continue to work through your illness. But you understand that not everyone has such an easy time of it, right? Your experience is not predictive of how anyone else will fare. I know people who've been in ICU and recovered after weeks in hospital, folks who are "long haulers" who can't shake the symptoms after months, and people who had a completely asymtopmatic case. To say people should just get it is like encouraging people to not wear a seatbelt.
What are your thoughts on making the Speed Limit 25 on the freeway nationwide? Could save hundreds of thousands a year.
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Traveling out then back to Washington would require quarantine. Canít see how that would bode well with high school coaches once practices start (if they start next month). HS players need 10 practices in before playing.
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Traveling out then back to Washington would require quarantine. Canít see how that would bode well with high school coaches once practices start (if they start next month). HS players need 10 practices in before playing.
Not this year. It is being waived.
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Not this year. It is being waived.
source?
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
What are your thoughts on making the Speed Limit 25 on the freeway nationwide? Could save hundreds of thousands a year.
Morons and their false equivalencies. They'll never be able to get it.

Anyhow, doesn't matter what parents think. Clubs, representing their own interests, will be making the decisions.