Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Simply not true: Most of what you said above is simply false. The best players year after year choose to D1 Schools and the rest of the top players with high academics choose D1 schools like Ivy League and High academic schools in PAC12, Big 12, WAC, ACC and SEC. You may have a few players that choose D2 but those schools typically benefit by over recruiting and kids are transferring to those schools. The main reasons most women play Division 1 soccer includes the following:
    1) Great Educational institutions.
    2) Top noitch training facilities
    3) Educational resources including Facilities and people(Student educational centers)
    4) Sports medicine facilities / resources when injuries occur
    5) Housing Facilities
    6) Atmosphere (College experience)
    7) Travel accommodations (1st Class)
    8) I could continue up to 20 reasons easy. Those are just a few. Top International kids are choosing these top schools also.

Nobody is choosing Kaiser over Michigan, UCLA, Duke, Vandy Arizona, Washington, Pepperdine, Utah, Ohio State, Penn State, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Georgetown, West VA, Baylor, TX, and OK. GET REAL with your stupidness!
    Don’t crush D2 Dad’s ego. His daughter can play, damn1t. She’s as good as any of the D1 players except MAYBE the top couple programs. She WANTS to be at Poedunk University.

Comment

How does the majority of these teams even be put on a list of best college teams in Florida. NCAA status doesn't mean they are good. Many of these teams can't get a .5 record. UM, FIU, JU, Stetson all teams which because of the D1 status get put on this list. Lynn another example of an awful NCAA team. Keiser National Champions would comfortably beat nearly all of those teams but get overlooked. Southeastern another NAIA school who could compete with these D1 schools. FSU, UF, USF only teams who can truly say they are D1 competitors.
      OK I don’t have much to do with my time these days, so I looked at the schedules of most of these teams, head to head, strength of schedule, history and national rankings. Based on that here is my unscientific opinion based on the information I read. Florida consistently gets beat by the USF and UCF teams. Sorry that’s what their schedule reflects!

1) FSU
      2) USF
      3) UCF
      4) Florida
      5) UM
      6) FGCU
      7-11) FAU/ UNF/ Stetson/ Jacksonville/ FIU is horrible based on the schedule

Comment

Title IX will not allow these programs to be cut. Womens sports like soccer and others must be in place to meet the title IX policy. As long as these schools maintain their football programs all is good! Educate yourself.
        Hey Moron, in case you did not know, we are in a world wide pandemic and financial crisis. Title 9 does not mean **** when your school no longer has money. Schools are petitioning to be able to drop non revenue generating sports. Why would a school pump money into a sport when they can’t even afford the academic end. Wake up and smell the coffee. Get your kid some tutoring before sending them to college.

Comment

Hey Moron, in case you did not know, we are in a world wide pandemic and financial crisis. Title 9 does not mean **** when your school no longer has money. Schools are petitioning to be able to drop non revenue generating sports. Why would a school pump money into a sport when they can’t even afford the academic end. Wake up and smell the coffee. Get your kid some tutoring before sending them to college.
          Stop fvcking panicking, Karen!

Comment

Simply not true: Most of what you said above is simply false. The best players year after year choose to D1 Schools and the rest of the top players with high academics choose D1 schools like Ivy League and High academic schools in PAC12, Big 12, WAC, ACC and SEC. You may have a few players that choose D2 but those schools typically benefit by over recruiting and kids are transferring to those schools. The main reasons most women play Division 1 soccer includes the following:
            1) Great Educational institutions.
            2) Top noitch training facilities
            3) Educational resources including Facilities and people(Student educational centers)
            4) Sports medicine facilities / resources when injuries occur
            5) Housing Facilities
            6) Atmosphere (College experience)
            7) Travel accommodations (1st Class)
            8) I could continue up to 20 reasons easy. Those are just a few. Top International kids are choosing these top schools also.

Nobody is choosing Kaiser over Michigan, UCLA, Duke, Vandy Arizona, Washington, Pepperdine, Utah, Ohio State, Penn State, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Georgetown, West VA, Baylor, TX, and OK. GET REAL with your stupidness!
            Ok, I am going to stay classy. Thanks for calling me stupid, I appreciate it.
            Not all top players have that choice. And it is not true that all Top International players all choose these schools. Why would Southeastern have a world cup player on their roster??? Why would Kaiser have several top-notch players who play pro now, on their roster????

I agree with you on 1 thing. If you can get an Ivy league education, you should do it, soccer or not,
            You only mention the absolute cream of the crop colleges. 99% do not have that option.
            But going to FCGU (1 of my own kids went their, by the way) or USF or Southeastern for soccer does not make a difference.

Now, here is 1 more thing, besides the top schools like Ivy league schools, it really does not matter that much where you get your bachelors degree.
            It is what you do after that, getting a masters and a doctors, is what will you set apart. A bachelors isnt that much worth these days!!!

All the 8 points you mentioned is not only for D1 colleges, that are points you should apply on every level. Many kids should not go to D1, the bigger size colleges because they will do much better in a small setting.

Thanks for the compliments tough!!

Comment

How does the majority of these teams even be put on a list of best college teams in Florida. NCAA status doesn't mean they are good. Many of these teams can't get a .5 record. UM, FIU, JU, Stetson all teams which because of the D1 status get put on this list. Lynn another example of an awful NCAA team. Keiser National Champions would comfortably beat nearly all of those teams but get overlooked. Southeastern another NAIA school who could compete with these D1 schools. FSU, UF, USF only teams who can truly say they are D1 competitors.
              Add UCF.

Comment

Not all top players have that choice. And it is not true that all Top International players all choose these schools. Why would Southeastern have a world cup player on their roster??? Why would Kaiser have several top-notch players who play pro now, on their roster????

I agree with you on 1 thing. If you can get an Ivy league education, you should do it, soccer or not,
                You only mention the absolute cream of the crop colleges. 99% do not have that option.
                But going to FCGU (1 of my own kids went their, by the way) or USF or Southeastern for soccer does not make a difference.

Now, here is 1 more thing, besides the top schools like Ivy league schools, it really does not matter that much where you get your bachelors degree.
                It is what you do after that, getting a masters and a doctors, is what will you set apart. A bachelors isnt that much worth these days!!!

All the 8 points you mentioned is not only for D1 colleges, that are points you should apply on every level. Many kids should not go to D1, the bigger size colleges because they will do much better in a small setting.

Agree with all of your comments, except the quality of the undergrad school. That plays a major role in the grad school application process. For example, a UF/FSU student with a BS and 3.5 GPA is a much more qualified candidate than say a Lynn/UTampa student with a BS and 4.0 GPA. Top grad schools, especially law and medical, look at the rigor of the education and how the student did in that environment. They want students that can be challenged and successful at the same time. Take a look at the top law schools in the nation. Look at what schools feed them the most undergrads. Where you obtained your BS/BA most definitely matters. But in saying that, there is a place for everyone, it just may not be at the top of the pile.

Comment

Agree with all of your comments, except the quality of the undergrad school. That plays a major role in the grad school application process. For example, a UF/FSU student with a BS and 3.5 GPA is a much more qualified candidate than say a Lynn/UTampa student with a BS and 4.0 GPA. Top grad schools, especially law and medical, look at the rigor of the education and how the student did in that environment. They want students that can be challenged and successful at the same time. Take a look at the top law schools in the nation. Look at what schools feed them the most undergrads. Where you obtained your BS/BA most definitely matters. But in saying that, there is a place for everyone, it just may not be at the top of the pile.
                  Completely wrong.. Id much rather hire UTampa with 4.0 than any FSU student period lol.

Comment

Completely wrong.. Id much rather hire UTampa with 4.0 than any FSU student period lol.
                    Haha. Yes, of course the rivalry. It was an example. UF is #7 public university in the nation and FSU is #18. UTampa is #17 in the South region and Lynn is #65. From an education level, it is comparing apples to oranges. There is no competition. Obtaining a BS/BA from a nationally ranked university is going to push you above other candidates for grad school. Soccer at a small D2 school, while fun and an experience, is not going to replace that.

Comment

We only have a few Covid-19 cases . This pandemic will magically go away. Its a damn a hoax

Comment

We only have a few Covid-19 cases . This pandemic will magically go away. Its a damn a hoax
                        It’s a new day and a new world. Learn to breathe and play in caution.

Comment

Hey Idiot, schools get government funding so they will not drop **** and be in violation of anything and they will follow the rules and be in compliance. As long as schools have Men’s football, they will have women’s soccer! COVID-19 doesn’t mean shIIt! Nothing will change soccer will be here for the women, you IDIOT.

Comment

Sorry for calling you stupid. In addition, the NAIA (Southeastern) for example has rules that allow former pros specifically attend their member schools. The NCAA has different rules pertaining to professional status. That’s why those schools will get a token gifted player here and there. If given a choice of the top Florida schools for women’s soccer where do you think a prospect will go.
                            Logic and reason must prevail sir!

1) USF (Tampa, AAC)
                            2) UF (Gainesville, SEC)
                            3) FSU (Tallahassee, ACC))
                            4) UCF (Orlando, AAC)
                            5) Southeastern (NAIA, Lakeland)

Comment

Sorry for calling you stupid. In addition, the NAIA (Southeastern) for example has rules that allow former pros specifically attend their member schools. The NCAA has different rules pertaining to professional status. That’s why those schools will get a token gifted player here and there. If given a choice of the top Florida schools for women’s soccer where do you think a prospect will go.
                              Logic and reason must prevail sir!

1) USF (Tampa, AAC)
                              2) UF (Gainesville, SEC)
                              3) FSU (Tallahassee, ACC))
                              4) UCF (Orlando, AAC)
                              5) Southeastern (NAIA, Lakeland)
                              NAIA Schools have a clearing house which do not allow ex pros to play. Statement is inaccurate.

Comment

NAIA Schools have a clearing house which do not allow ex pros to play. Statement is inaccurate.
                                OK I bit, I actually looked at the Keiser Roster and it features 35 kids and 90% come from Sweden and Denmark. I have got to believe the draw is that school has to be a lack of Familiarity with the Keiser School and its opponents. Nobody is signing up for that schedule and its opponents if they have alternative options. Sorry these people got trolled in this thread! The pro Status is foggy. If yoiu can prove it was expenses and not salary then you are eligible for NAIA. This makes sense because if you came out of the any serious pro league, why would you want to play NAIA level soccer. Typical TS BS troll crap.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X