Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why can't NJ teams got to PA, MD or VA for a soccer tournament. At least PA, MD and DE people haven't been scared to go to the beach or boardwalks since they've opened.
    They can but what PA team wants to play them?

Comment

They can but what PA team wants to play them?
      There are not many teams in PA playing right now either. All the counties close to NJ are in the Red Phase and the EPYSA site is pretty clear that no organized sports will begin until a county gets to the green phase.

https://www.epysa.org/information-re...pening-of-pa-/

Comment

Shutdowns started mid March.
        COVID officially (right now) cases trace back to Jan in US and as far back as Oct/Nov in other countries.

Comment

COVID officially (right now) cases trace back to Jan in US and as far back as Oct/Nov in other countries.
          Penn Fusion Showcase was mid-February, and many leagues played their opening games March 8-9.

Comment

Penn Fusion Showcase was mid-February, and many leagues played their opening games March 8-9.
            I think it's more of a response from "I don't care if 100,000 people died in 2 months"

Comment

I think it's more of a response from "I don't care if 100,000 people died in 2 months"
              Well you never know. Maybe it's a strategy to save our social security system since mostly are senior citizens suffering. Who knows these day what those politicians are up to.

Comment

That makes sense. Nothing like throwing millions out if work and all the payroll taxes along with them to shore up SS

Comment

What matters is when shutdowns/government responses began in earnest. That was March. Cases numbers won't blow up the minute a virus hits our shores. Had we had testing earlier we might have been able to squash it faster.

Comment

Well you never know. Maybe it's a strategy to save our social security system since mostly are senior citizens suffering. Who knows these day what those politicians are up to.
                    The GOP has had wet dreams about killing SS for years. Covid also hits minority groups much harder than whites - another bonus for the GOP in their minds. But not caring about the elderly or minorities won't help the GOP in November.

Comment

The GOP has had wet dreams about killing SS for years. Covid also hits minority groups much harder than whites - another bonus for the GOP in their minds. But not caring about the elderly or minorities won't help the GOP in November.

Ok then...

The Dems have been wishing for more people dependent on the government so they can keep providing and get their votes.

Wish granted.

Comment

Although I am not a fan of this President, what happened is not just his responsibility.

State governors were late to shut down. That is totally on them.

CDC failed. They were not able to roll out testing fast enough. Even though one might say that this administration has cut funding, disbanded the Pandemic prevention team etc, in this country there is still a lot of funding available for CDC and associated bodies.

We were not able to produce PPE in sufficient quantities. The President can be faulted there to some extent for not using the DPA but it just goes to show how difficult it is for us to produce this kind of basic stuff.

Comment

Although I am not a fan of this President, what happened is not just his responsibility.

State governors were late to shut down. That is totally on them.

CDC failed. They were not able to roll out testing fast enough. Even though one might say that this administration has cut funding, disbanded the Pandemic prevention team etc, in this country there is still a lot of funding available for CDC and associated bodies.

We were not able to produce PPE in sufficient quantities. The President can be faulted there to some extent for not using the DPA but it just goes to show how difficult it is for us to produce this kind of basic stuff.
                          Lol, ok. I don’t like Trump, but now will recite all his talking points. Good try.

Comment

Oh no! My little superstar hasn't played soccer in 2 WHOLE MONTHS! WAAAAAAAAH! I don't care if 100,000 people died in 2 months, I need to put pics on my facebook page of my star! Get back on the field NOW!
                            Baloney. Half of all NJ deaths in nursing homes because of administration's imbecilic health advisers forcing homes to take in infected patients. Has NOTHING to do with kids going to school or playing soccer, so stop your ridiculous ALL Lives Matter routine:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...ing-homes.html

Meanwhile, Florida reopens youth sports will no restrictions. Governor says "we trust parents" to make the right decisions for their kids. What at concept!

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...th-activities/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X