Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost all clubs are ripping you off right now, not just SUSA

The only difference is the scale of the fraud.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The only difference is the scale of the fraud.
    You got that right. Every club out there and the "better" the league they offer, the more they'll screw you knowing you'll take it. THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?

Comment

You got that right. Every club out there and the "better" the league they offer, the more they'll screw you knowing you'll take it. THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?
      Maybe in NY. In MA, FC Stars and NEFC are offering credit or refund. For Stars, HS seniors 40% refund. HS aged kids that had no fall season-40% credit or 20% refund. Younger kids that had fall/winter season- 30% credit or 15% refund. For Stars, deposit for next year is $50 and there is no increase in fees. NEFC is similar. 45% credit or 22.5% refund for HS kids that didn’t have a fall season. 25% credit or 12.5% refund for kids that had fall/winter. Not sure what they are charging for a deposit for next year or if they are increasing fees.

I think these are pretty reasonable.

Comment

Maybe in NY. In MA, FC Stars and NEFC are offering credit or refund. For Stars, HS seniors 40% refund. HS aged kids that had no fall season-40% credit or 20% refund. Younger kids that had fall/winter season- 30% credit or 15% refund. For Stars, deposit for next year is $50 and there is no increase in fees. NEFC is similar. 45% credit or 22.5% refund for HS kids that didn’t have a fall season. 25% credit or 12.5% refund for kids that had fall/winter. Not sure what they are charging for a deposit for next year or if they are increasing fees.

I think these are pretty reasonable.
        Why are they reasonable? The ref fees alone, ref fees that were not paid out by the club, are about the amount of the refunds being offered. Add in tournament fees not having to be paid and most leagues and other tournaments offering credits for the games not played, the clubs are actually going to end up making more profit than normal during this.

It makes no sense to me that as a consumer that anyone is OK with not being refunded money that was paid for a service not rendered.

Comment

Why are they reasonable? The ref fees alone, ref fees that were not paid out by the club, are about the amount of the refunds being offered. Add in tournament fees not having to be paid and most leagues and other tournaments offering credits for the games not played, the clubs are actually going to end up making more profit than normal during this.

It makes no sense to me that as a consumer that anyone is OK with not being refunded money that was paid for a service not rendered.
          I’m Ok with the 30% credit from Stars. We don’t pay extra for tournaments/showcases. It’s all included in tuition. They started the year in late august and stopped team training on March 17 Based on what we had left, i can live with the 30%. They have kept paying all of their coaches. Some clubs are offering way less or nothing at all.

Also—ref fees don’t cost the club $900 per player per season.

Comment

I’m Ok with the 30% credit from Stars. We don’t pay extra for tournaments/showcases. It’s all included in tuition. They started the year in late august and stopped team training on March 17 Based on what we had left, i can live with the 30%. They have kept paying all of their coaches. Some clubs are offering way less or nothing at all.

Also—ref fees don’t cost the club $900 per player per season.
            They should have made use of the unemployment insurance they should have been carrying or of the massive multi trillion dollar program available for this situation which we are also all paying for. This us what these programs are for. I can not afford to pay for all these salaries and then pay again for the bailout.. make use of the programs available instead of making your own employment package on the backs of your families.

Comment

They should have made use of the unemployment insurance they should have been carrying or of the massive multi trillion dollar program available for this situation which we are also all paying for. This us what these programs are for. I can not afford to pay for all these salaries and then pay again for the bailout.. make use of the programs available instead of making your own employment package on the backs of your families.
              so much g-dam whining. If you don't like a club's offer or how they managed this once in a lifetime event

1) don't go back
              2) file in small claims court. You should an appearance in about two years.
              3) stop whining on TS and contact any and all government agencies who might be able to help
              4) call your credit card company

Comment

Lots of people haven't received their unemployment insurance payments, and lots of small businesses haven't received any PPP loans. Am sure the coaches still being paid by the club are thankful.

Comment

Lots of people haven't received their unemployment insurance payments, and lots of small businesses haven't received any PPP loans. Am sure the coaches still being paid by the club are thankful.
                  Taking parents money for doing nothing should make them thankful. Of course, the parents who got nothing for their money spent and with many of them facing financial hardships would be thankful if they got their money back too.

Comment

Paid by the club means paid by all the families out here. Yes - there is much hardship around and lots of requests all over for assistance. But keeping fees for things that are not going to have to be provided is not the same as requesting assistance or running a fund raiser..

Comment

Simply put, it is not the consumer's problem that the business might fail if they had to refund money for services not rendered.

Comment

In case you haven't heard the funds ran dry practically the same day they started, much of it going to big companies that could have survived without it. Don't blame the businesses, blame those who wrote the bills.

Comment

In case you haven't heard the funds ran dry practically the same day they started, much of it going to big companies that could have survived without it. Don't blame the businesses, blame those who wrote the bills.
                          There has been a second round since then.

Either way, it is not the consumers fault that services were not rendered by a business. And if repayment for services not rendered would create hardship for the business, it is still not the customers responsibility.

Comment

Simply put, it is not the consumer's problem that the business might fail if they had to refund money for services not rendered.
                            Stop whining. It’s the awful consequences of this virus. No one planned on this.

the coaches who were paid to coach your kid may have given up on an opportunity to work somewhere else, why shouldn’t they get paid.

My wife sat around for 2 months checking Facebook every few minutes, and she got paid to do her job. Her boss isn’t crying on social media

I paid auto insurance and didn’t use my car for two months. The high end estimate of refunds is 11% depending on what state you live in. Boo hoo, poor me

Grow up and deal with life. It isn’t fair sometimes. Either leave the club ordeal with it.

Comment

Almost all clubs are ripping you off right now, not just SUSA

Paid by the club means paid by all the families out here. Yes - there is much hardship around and lots of requests all over for assistance. But keeping fees for things that are not going to have to be provided is not the same as requesting assistance or running a fund raiser..
                              somebody said it perfectly earlier today, you are lucky to get back anything and you are expected to say "thank you sir, may i have another" this while your _sshole is bleeding.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X