Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Planning to make the same transition at some point, whether to WC or another club that also can reinforce some more direct, high intensity play. I think NYSC would do much better for itself if they transitioned the trainings to higher intensity as the kids get up towards the U13-14 age groups. Our team is good but we have players who lack intensity and aggression and who are not being taught to adapt when they encounter teams that play super high tempo, direct play. I also never understand how a possession based club does not teach their players to press aggressively to win the ball back when we lose it.
    Yeah, they don't do that, teach being tough, you either are, or you are not. WCFC/ECNL will teach your kid to think tough, and in turn expect anything from their opponents. NYSC was a great foundation for my D, they taught her the basics, but to catch a college coaches eye, you need to be a complete player, simply put, Beauty and the Beast, as mine was, and she will thank you for it....

Comment

True, NYSC has a particular style that they say is for the benefit of the players, ie playing out of the back, quick give-and-goes, win the 50/50 ball, and fill the box with attacking players, its a solid style. My daughter played for them for 4 years, and they taught her a lot, but it wasn't until she went to WCFC that her game became complete.
      Why would a club trying to develop players play just one style? Wouldn't you want to play different styles and systems depending on different types of opponents? Different game situations? Do you play the same style when you are nursing a lead vs. playing from behind? What if an opponent has really fast forwards? Or if an opponent plays defensively and packs the box? Seems really limiting to just teach one particular style.

Comment

Why would a club trying to develop players play just one style? Wouldn't you want to play different styles and systems depending on different types of opponents? Different game situations? Do you play the same style when you are nursing a lead vs. playing from behind? What if an opponent has really fast forwards? Or if an opponent plays defensively and packs the box? Seems really limiting to just teach one particular style.
        maybe that's why they would never beat an ECNL team, NYSC players may play a beautiful style of soccer, but in the end the ECNL players will knock them off the ball, and put the ball in the net, case closed, I have lived it, seen it, bitched about it, then finally did something about it, and now my D is the monster she was born to be...

Comment

Very good points. Teaching situational play is important. Playing out of the back with a one goal lead and 5 minutes left against a big, strong and physical team and with no thought towards changing things up is crazy.

Comment

maybe that's why they would never beat an ECNL team, NYSC players may play a beautiful style of soccer, but in the end the ECNL players will knock them off the ball, and put the ball in the net, case closed, I have lived it, seen it, bitched about it, then finally did something about it, and now my D is the monster she was born to be...
            funny I don't know of any monsters at World Class that came from NYSC

Comment

You want me to name my kid??

Comment

Not true. There are a few who were raw athletes, that have really become strong soccer players with a few years at WC under their belt.

Comment

Not true. There are a few who were raw athletes, that have really become strong soccer players with a few years at WC under their belt.
                  Of all the things my D is, a raw athlete is not one, she is a professionally conditioned machine, one of the best players in this country, she began at NYSC, but is now in college.

Comment

Not true, Kaz has done a lot with some special players, he is not a magician, but he can get some doors to open for you, the rest is up to the player!
                    He has, but as you say, those players were pretty gifted to begin with. He has been a part of as many elite players as anyone in the Region. He is not a door opener. He is a firm believer that water finds its own level.

too many parents seem to ignore the talent/work rate part and think its up to a Club coach to make their kid attractive to a College. Some affluent parents are too used to using their influence to make the path too smooth. Eventually it stops working. Many recent examples of that.

Kaz is a great coach for a talented and self motivated kid. He is very good at individual development. He is not an in game tactician. he wants to win, but will not compromise players to do it. He is non confrontational.

Comment

Of all the things my D is, a raw athlete is not one, she is a professionally conditioned machine, one of the best players in this country, she began at NYSC, but is now in college.
                      lol. comments like this are usually worth a lot more when they come from impartial observers.

Comment

lol. comments like this are usually worth a lot more when they come from impartial observers.
                        Yes, but my D is one of best players in this country, just ask USSF, as she is a regular at NT camps and games.

Comment

Yes, but my D is one of best players in this country, just ask USSF, as she is a regular at NT camps and games.
                          It’s true if it’s who I think it is.

Comment

wunderbar

Comment

How is it true? There is only one homegrown WCFC girl - the other is from LI - who is consistently getting national team looks for camps and games...and she never played at NYSC.

Comment

How is it true? There is only one homegrown WCFC girl - the other is from LI - who is consistently getting national team looks for camps and games...and she never played at NYSC.
                                only one HG WCFC kid ever?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X