Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When was that officially good and what are those '03s going to do?
    It’s over ! Did you enjoy all the stress complaining etc was it worth it?

Comment

It’s over ! Did you enjoy all the stress complaining etc was it worth it?
      Never complained, just asked a question. Just curious what some of those boys are going to do since they've been there for a number of years. Most are going into senior year and won't have the opportunity to showcase themselves to coaches.

Comment

Never complained, just asked a question. Just curious what some of those boys are going to do since they've been there for a number of years. Most are going into senior year and won't have the opportunity to showcase themselves to coaches.
        MLS does not carry about college or even if you kid is getting educated

Comment

Well then that means a majority of those boys will end up with nothing for we all know the track record of players going pro thru the MLS and non MLS clubs.

Comment

Well then that means a majority of those boys will end up with nothing for we all know the track record of players going pro thru the MLS and non MLS clubs.
            No, they’ve had great training, memories and high level play. It’s on mom and dad if they didn’t emphasize school or social life outside of soccer. I don’t blame the MLS academies. I blame the parents that ignorantly put kids in virtual school and turn their whole lives into a quest to play pro soccer.

Comment

No, they’ve had great training, memories and high level play. It’s on mom and dad if they didn’t emphasize school or social life outside of soccer. I don’t blame the MLS academies. I blame the parents that ignorantly put kids in virtual school and turn their whole lives into a quest to play pro soccer.
              I blame the parents that ignorantly put their kids on virtual school when they have no chance to make it pro. Those that have a chance by 16 I support it

Comment

I blame the parents that ignorantly put their kids on virtual school when they have no chance to make it pro. Those that have a chance by 16 I support it
                Um .. every parent thinks their kid can “go pro” - who’s to determine who has a chance and who does not ? Definitely not the parents. For very few kids - ask me less the 5 per age group - does it make sense to drop the school and turn soccer into a 24/7 job at 14 or 15 years old.

Comment

So they announce they dropped the U19's but did they announce any rosters for the U15 or U17's? Most other Florida clubs announced at least partial rosters already with tryouts being held this weekend or start of this week by invite at the other clubs.

Comment

College soccer will not survive this pandemic. Women's maybe due to title nine but not the men.

Comment

So they announce they dropped the U19's but did they announce any rosters for the U15 or U17's? Most other Florida clubs announced at least partial rosters already with tryouts being held this weekend or start of this week by invite at the other clubs.
                      Yes ..

Comment

College soccer will not survive this pandemic. Women's maybe due to title nine but not the men.
                        You go to college to get an education. If you can play soccer, bonus.

Comment

You go to college to get an education. If you can play soccer, bonus.
                          Soccer reduces loans

Comment

Tryouts start tomorrow for players that were invited and are not currently part of the club. The current roster players do not now yet when they will return to training or if they have been selected for next season. Most of the U17 squad has already been sent emails notifying them if they were selected. Only one 05 was selected so far and not sure if they will add anymore 05's from the current side but who knows, that could change. Most of the 06's have been identified but they have not been sent confirmation emails yet, expect all 06's who played up last year to be pushed back to their age group this year with the exception of one who will be released due to team rules violation from last season.
                            I think someone already posted it but OC will be bringing in several Weston, IM players for the U17's side. They also have some kids from the Carolina's,Alabama and Atlanta area coming in that they want for the U17's.

Comment

Tryouts start tomorrow for players that were invited and are not currently part of the club. The current roster players do not now yet when they will return to training or if they have been selected for next season. Most of the U17 squad has already been sent emails notifying them if they were selected. Only one 05 was selected so far and not sure if they will add anymore 05's from the current side but who knows, that could change. Most of the 06's have been identified but they have not been sent confirmation emails yet, expect all 06's who played up last year to be pushed back to their age group this year with the exception of one who will be released due to team rules violation from last season.
                              I think someone already posted it but OC will be bringing in several Weston, IM players for the U17's side. They also have some kids from the Carolina's,Alabama and Atlanta area coming in that they want for the U17's.
                              All that is great and congrats to those kids ... fantastic players. But you know if you're an 04, after this year, unless you can play USL, it's over. don't think your kid can play usl just because he's a very good 04. parents don't say you are not aware. my point is - don't take this as a religion, keep your kid well balanced, accepting the importance of a real education (not virtual school which is a joke). no one is coming out of this with any significant soccer related money.

Comment

Most 06s already received calls and invites which tells me you just love to bring gibberish to this site. Have a good Sunday.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X