Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let me guess you want for America to continue to be shut down right? These academies need to survive my friend and getting back to playing is the only way forward. EDP is asking everyone to reach out to lobby Pelosi and McConnell for a youth soccer bailout. We have to get this done folks!
    This is a Troll or an absolute Idiot

Comment

Let me guess you want for America to continue to be shut down right? These academies need to survive my friend and getting back to playing is the only way forward. EDP is asking everyone to reach out to lobby Pelosi and McConnell for a youth soccer bailout. We have to get this done folks!
      Yup exactly. I want us all to live in bubbled off homes and have our kids play soccer via drone. You'll be fine though as you'll still be living in that tp fort you had to build in your mom's basement.

Soccer will come back when it can come back. I wish it was sooner, but it looks like later.

Comment

This is a Troll or an absolute Idiot
        The EDP part is true....but I agree we have to be safe so idiotic to think everyone can go back to normal just like that. I say be safe and shut everything down til the Fall.

Comment

politely disagree...we need to wait past this Fall and stay lockdown until there is a cure.
          2-4 years or longer its doesn't matter how long it takes as long we we are safe.

Comment

politely disagree...we need to wait past this Fall and stay lockdown until there is a cure.
            2-4 years or longer its doesn't matter how long it takes as long we we are safe.
            Do you mean 2-4 months??

Comment

This past fall my child's team and the other team from our club in my child's age group went to a tournament out of state. My child's team won the tournament. the other team from our club in my child's age group did not. the DOC told the tournament director to give the championship points to the other team from our club in my child's age group even though they did not win. the tournament director agreed to do it because the tournament director has a long time relationship with our DOC because he has been taking his teams at all his former club to that tournament for 15+ years. We know about this relationship because at the trophy presentation he made a speech thanking the tournament director and telling us all about his long time relationship with tournament director while thanking the tournament director. when me and other parents asked him why the other team from our club got the points he said that my child's team did not need the points because they were already high on the gotsoccer rankings and the other team was not and those points would help the other team move up in gotsoccer rankings and make the club look better to have two teams in the same age group ranked high in gotsoccer. we protested and said that is not fair because our children earned those points and it should be fixed. he refused to have it fixed and used scare tactics threats at parent meetings saying parents were a virus, etc. to try to get us to stop complaining about that issue and other valid issues. The points were finally switched to the right team that earned the points after one of the parents complained to the executive director and told him the whole story. Then the executive director made the DOC have the points switched to the proper team that earned them. Now the point of this story is do you really want DOCs like this making decisions regarding when it is safe for our kids to go back and play soccer or come up with a plan for reentry into soccer that will be safe for our kids and do you think DOCs like this even have the best interest of the kids in mind? I don't think so.

Comment

Do you mean 2-4 months??
                has to be 2, 3, 4, 5 years or more until a cure is found and we can feel safe.
                if we restart in Fall 2025 so be it as long as there is no risk and we ave a cure.

my club credit should still be good whenever we get a cure

Comment

has to be 2, 3, 4, 5 years or more until a cure is found and we can feel safe.
                  if we restart in Fall 2025 so be it as long as there is no risk and we ave a cure.

my club credit should still be good whenever we get a cure
                  LOL! too funny!

Comment

This past fall my child's team and the other team from our club in my child's age group went to a tournament out of state. My child's team won the tournament. the other team from our club in my child's age group did not. the DOC told the tournament director to give the championship points to the other team from our club in my child's age group even though they did not win. the tournament director agreed to do it because the tournament director has a long time relationship with our DOC because he has been taking his teams at all his former club to that tournament for 15+ years. We know about this relationship because at the trophy presentation he made a speech thanking the tournament director and telling us all about his long time relationship with tournament director while thanking the tournament director. when me and other parents asked him why the other team from our club got the points he said that my child's team did not need the points because they were already high on the gotsoccer rankings and the other team was not and those points would help the other team move up in gotsoccer rankings and make the club look better to have two teams in the same age group ranked high in gotsoccer. we protested and said that is not fair because our children earned those points and it should be fixed. he refused to have it fixed and used scare tactics threats at parent meetings saying parents were a virus, etc. to try to get us to stop complaining about that issue and other valid issues. The points were finally switched to the right team that earned the points after one of the parents complained to the executive director and told him the whole story. Then the executive director made the DOC have the points switched to the proper team that earned them. Now the point of this story is do you really want DOCs like this making decisions regarding when it is safe for our kids to go back and play soccer or come up with a plan for reentry into soccer that will be safe for our kids and do you think DOCs like this even have the best interest of the kids in mind? I don't think so.
                    Wow. What tournament?

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story, sounds like complete bs but in many ways this is what youth soccer has become. Manipulating others to gain a benefit for the businesses that are academies. I say this because I’ve been burned too by drinking the kool aid with my son. Hope you’re in a better place now or things have straightened out after fixing the situation.

Comment

this is the way to go. leave out the name of the club, coach, age group, tournamant. this is exactly how it should be in these posts. all that matters is the story. no reputation trashing, no trying to embarass a coach. just tell your story. unfortunately many dont understand this and will continue to use this forum to bash their coaches because they are mad that the coach only played sally for 55/60 minutes

Comment

LOL! too funny!
                          No one cares about youth soccer. The issue is how to avoid another shut down and the resulting economic devastation.

Comment

There are plenty of OTHER jobs. Tell your friends to find one if his academy is dying.

Walmart, Amazon, all the essential workforces.

To be honest, most of these "academies" have been raking up $$$ over the years and I don't get why they don't have any reserve.

Comment

There are plenty of OTHER jobs. Tell your friends to find one if his academy is dying.

Walmart, Amazon, all the essential workforces.

To be honest, most of these "academies" have been raking up $$$ over the years and I don't get why they don't have any reserve.
                              They may have to collect unemployment for a while like 30 million plus other folks. Any activity that risks contributing to having another shut down must not happen. The shut downs are total economic destruction.

Comment

Thread start with “ letter from Kevin Payne”
                                Ten messages into it and we go to “ I tell you a story about last year tournament and it’s points”( very long one by the way)
                                People are weird

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X