Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning to the Field

Will most parents let their kids resume playing with their teams in the next few weeks or will they hold them out due to fears around the virus?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Will most parents let their kids resume playing with their teams in the next few weeks or will they hold them out due to fears around the virus?
    100% will let my kids back on the field with their teams. We will practice safety and I know the clubs will do the same. Things might look a little different for a bit but my children are counting the days to be on the fields!

Comment

100% will let my kids back on the field with their teams. We will practice safety and I know the clubs will do the same. Things might look a little different for a bit but my children are counting the days to be on the fields!
      The state will have to allow it first, which could be a ways off, but assuming the ok is given. I think small group no contact to start, and build towards full practices/inter club scrimmages late summer. If during the build up you don’t see any clusters of kids/families getting sick, then start playing other Clubs.

I wouldn’t jump right into tournaments traveling etc.

Comment

No way not willing to take the risk, why would anyone??? Prob watching too much Fox News....

Comment

100% would allow. If they can’t, I might need to seriously look into antidepressants for them. They really miss it.

Comment

100% would allow. If they can’t, I might need to seriously look into antidepressants for them. They really miss it.
            1000% yes! The kids in my neighborhood have been riding bikes together for the last 2 weeks. They are at least 6 feet apart, but kids need to be kids

Comment

No schools means no practices. At least not ones covered by insurance.

Comment

No schools means no practices. At least not ones covered by insurance.
                What the hell are you talking about? One is indoors with hundreds of kids on the same building and the other is 12-15 outdoors...have you read a single thing about indoor versus outdoor risk of transmission? Lord I feel sorry for you. Go hide in your closet and pray the dark corona cloud doesn’t seep through your windows.

Comment

What the hell are you talking about? One is indoors with hundreds of kids on the same building and the other is 12-15 outdoors...have you read a single thing about indoor versus outdoor risk of transmission? Lord I feel sorry for you. Go hide in your closet and pray the dark corona cloud doesn’t seep through your windows.
                  You missed my point. I think we should reopen as society. But right now most clubs only have permits/insurance covering specific school fields. And with the schools being closed we do not legally have access to them. Practicing elsewhere is not covered by the clubs insurance. And for that matter only US Club is opening up their passes. USYSA still has a ban on return to play so if you only have USYSA passes you still won't have insurance even if you did have fields legally available to you.

Comment

1000% yes! The kids in my neighborhood have been riding bikes together for the last 2 weeks. They are at least 6 feet apart, but kids need to be kids
                    Kids will not stay 6ft apart playing soccer but small group supervised training is fine (adults have to enforce it). There won't be games for a long time still.

An update letter from US Soccer said if you are not following your state or local health guidelines your insurance won't be valid.

Comment

If school or town fields are not open for regular use they aren't open for team rentals either. US Soccer said if you're not following health department guidelines you invalidate your insurance.

Comment

Less impacted NY regions are slowly reopening some aspects soon, but the NYC area is still on hold for awhile.

Comment

Less impacted NY regions are slowly reopening some aspects soon, but the NYC area is still on hold for awhile.
                          Rochester is looking to open very soon.

Comment

Returning to the Field

If school or town fields are not open for regular use they aren't open for team rentals either. US Soccer said if you're not following health department guidelines you invalidate your insurance.
                            yes, and that is a minimal guideline. schools, us soccer, state and local municipalities, ect can be even stricter if they want to be.

Comment

No way not willing to take the risk, why would anyone??? Prob watching too much Fox News....
                              Because if you are under 65 and healthy the death rate for covid is 13/100000. Much lower than the flu. So if 300million infected 396 will die. Enough of the fear mongering that 80 year olds on their deathbed are dying 2 months earlier than they would anyway.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...us-death-rate/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X