Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kid is on one of the rb girls teams. Initial communications indicated EDP (assume USYS as that's what we played this year) play. That can obviously change any time though.
    Thank you, that makes sense. I was curious what the poster meant by: "No Red Bulls are obviously MLS Across the board boys and girls. Why would they split the girls into a different league???"

EDP isn't MLS, either.

Comment

OK, so you are being snarky. I am not aware of any affiliation between ECNL and MLS.
      No but tells you what a joke youth soccer has become....Red Bulls (a so called professional team) has teams playing EDP, while amateur clubs like CSA, TSF have teams playing in MLS league. Backwards!

Comment

Thank you, that makes sense. I was curious what the poster meant by: "No Red Bulls are obviously MLS Across the board boys and girls. Why would they split the girls into a different league???"

EDP isn't MLS, either.
        There are a few people on here purposefully trolling and not giving out actual information.

There is a little information available publicly saying the new MLS league might be expanded/added on to next year to include girls. It is a little off-putting that a few MLS teams closed their girls academies and a few went into ECNL though. Other than that, there is no inside information that I've heard.

Comment

No but tells you what a joke youth soccer has become....Red Bulls (a so called professional team) has teams playing EDP, while amateur clubs like CSA, TSF have teams playing in MLS league. Backwards!
          This!

Comment

This is what I call a bad post. RB on the boys side is in the MLS league. All MLS teams including the expansion teams are. They now control the boys pathway.

The information I gave was only about their girls teams.

Comment

This!
              Not this as it's not close to being true.

Comment

Short answer yes RB 08 and 09 teams will play EDP they will not field an 07 team.
                Here is a bit of background. RB is starting a girls program and they want to do it from the ground up. They started 2 years ago with 07 and added 08 last year as pre-academy. The plan was for the 07 team to become the first Academy team in the fall of 2020 but the club informed the 07 team that they were not able to get in to an Elite league most likely due to the debacle of DA (this is my assumption) so the 07s should try to find a team in a competitive league. They did offer to have a team if there were enough girls willing to stay but most girls wanted to play ECNL level. The plan is for the 08s to play EDP next year and move up to Academy level after.

Comment

Short answer yes RB 08 and 09 teams will play EDP they will not field an 07 team.
                  Here is a bit of background. RB is starting a girls program and they want to do it from the ground up. They started 2 years ago with 07 and added 08 last year as pre-academy. The plan was for the 07 team to become the first Academy team in the fall of 2020 but the club informed the 07 team that they were not able to get in to an Elite league most likely due to the debacle of DA (this is my assumption) so the 07s should try to find a team in a competitive league. They did offer to have a team if there were enough girls willing to stay but most girls wanted to play ECNL level. The plan is for the 08s to play EDP next year and move up to Academy level after.
                  The above is for girls only

Comment

When you say move up to “Academy” level what do you mean??? Are they rec now?

Comment

The above is for girls only
                      Correct, as RB is one of the founding members of the MLS league (as are all of the other MLS teams).

Comment

They are hoping for a funded academy like the boys. What league they play in at that time, no one knows. There was press about an MLS girls league, but right now there are no details. At this time (Spring 2020), they play USYS.

Comment

By Academy level, do you mean GA? So next year (i.e. 2021), 2008 girls will likely play GA?

Comment

If you can't tell the difference between EDP and ECNL/GAL (full disclosure GAL is brand new and not yet proven to be an elite league but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt) you're in the wrong forum.

Comment

By Academy level, do you mean GA? So next year (i.e. 2021), 2008 girls will likely play GA?
                              Academy like the boys academy, not GA. No one knows the league situation yet for 2021.

Comment

That's the rumor but not a fact I can verify. The club's official response is:

"Our long term goal is to establish an in-house girls program that will compete at the academy level and be the standard bearer for girls development within the USA."

At one point last year I heard from one of the 07 parents that they were going to play DA and I guess that fell through. The 08 team was supposed to play EDP in fall of 2020 from the beginning, that never changed. Also the fact that they will be adding an 09 team is a sign that they're still committed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X