Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Barca is one of the premier soccer clubs in the world. Yes, nysc and Red Bull’s are good ,because they have international affiliates...so they are there. But sorry, if you love soccer you know La Masia is top. It is mystical. Long Island is blessed to have this program, and it is only ignorance that every age group is not packed 3 teams deep.
    On the girls side my daughter tried out 2 years ago...I thought it was a fake. The girls trying out were struggling with possession drills . Went back last year and they were amazing, and I saw that the same coaches as the try out were there. Now she is on that team and loves it.
    Barca invests in the Play. USA soccer drills and shoots and conditions...Barca is not the best at winning. They are the best at playing the game and teaching it. It is beautiful...no US club does it better.
    "...and it is only ignorance that every age group is not packed 3 teams deep."

Either your child is on a Barca C team, you're a Barca puppet, or your kid is on scholarship. I'm betting Barca manservant.

Comment

Barca is one of the premier soccer clubs in the world. Yes, nysc and Red Bull’s are good ,because they have international affiliates...so they are there. But sorry, if you love soccer you know La Masia is top. It is mystical. Long Island is blessed to have this program, and it is only ignorance that every age group is not packed 3 teams deep.
      On the girls side my daughter tried out 2 years ago...I thought it was a fake. The girls trying out were struggling with possession drills . Went back last year and they were amazing, and I saw that the same coaches as the try out were there. Now she is on that team and loves it.
      Barca invests in the Play. USA soccer drills and shoots and conditions...Barca is not the best at winning. They are the best at playing the game and teaching it. It is beautiful...no US club does it better.
      You know your kid is not training at La Masia correct? Why even bring it up? Yes La Masia is head and shoulders above Red Bulls or NYCFC. Just like the MLS teams are head and shoulders above Barca Long Island.

Comment

You know your kid is not training at La Masia correct? Why even bring it up? Yes La Masia is head and shoulders above Red Bulls or NYCFC. Just like the MLS teams are head and shoulders above Barca Long Island.
        I believe the poster was referring to the La Masia methodology that the trainers bring.

Comment

i guess you do not visit there FB page. you will see photos of the barcany technical directors meeting with college coaches from harvard and other colleges.
          ok - i am listening. how many girls has barca sent to play at Harvard?

Comment

Idk but I checked their FB page and all I saw was tryout ads, old TBT photos and kids making their own personal paper mâché soccer balls and a kid making a Barca shield shaped pizza-both very freaking cool by the way (no snark intended, really very cool ideas for kids during Covid shutdown)!

Comment

its a problem in this country, why our mens National team struggles. We cant play the game, we have the best athletes no question. My son played in europe when young now plays Da in the usa or Mls Elite. He hates it he is a top shelf player on his team. Want to leave and play the game again. SO what do you do? leave the competition factor? The DA tournaments?

Comment

It is now that they will start to send them. The girls program is only finishing its 2nd year and did not have a older team yet is place. They have to grow them up and out. I do believe that out of the first team the boys side grew out last year they got a few good placements.

Comment

Barca parents only

It is now that they will start to send them. The girls program is only finishing its 2nd year and did not have a older team yet is place. They have to grow them up and out. I do believe that out of the first team the boys side grew out last year they got a few good placements.
                  someday maybe one of these girls will have the grades to get into harvard or some other school (that part is not up to your soccer club, its entirely up to the student athlete). in this particular case to answer your question. If your kid has the grades to get into harvard and wants to play ball, it cant hurt if your coach can pick up the phone and talk to a member of the coaching staff.

I know barca also met with coaches from yale, boston college, north eastern and tufts among others. but this was a while ago, maybe last year or two years ago.

Comment

What happened to the complex in Kings Park?

Comment

Ok - best of luck to them. I just do not see evidence that the barca girls teams are competing at a level to attract recruitment from a Harvard type program.

Comment

Barca parents only

Ok - best of luck to them. I just do not see evidence that the barca girls teams are competing at a level to attract recruitment from a Harvard type program.
                        so you are comparing the barca girls program that is only in its 2nd year to what? like susa that has a girls program for 10 years?

It takes years and years to build a program...you are just a hater...susa was just a smegling little private club 10 years ago and they built themselves into a powerhouse club on LI.

you are obviously threatened by barcas foundation and growth, but you don't need to be. Its a big big soccer world out there and alot of room at the top. besides competition is always good for the consumer (you and me).

Comment

so you are comparing the barca girls program that is only in its 2nd year to what? like susa that has a girls program for 10 years?

It takes years and years to build a program...you are just a hater...susa was just a smegling little private club 10 years ago and they built themselves into a powerhouse club on LI.

you are obviously threatened by barcas foundation and growth, but you don't need to be. Its a big big soccer world out there and alot of room at the top. besides competition is always good for the consumer (you and me).
                          I said best of luck to them. If they can get the harvard coach to recruit their players then well done. It only matters to a kid that wants to get recruited to Harvard or the equivalent anyway.

Comment

Barca parents only

I said best of luck to them. If they can get the harvard coach to recruit their players then well done. It only matters to a kid that wants to get recruited to Harvard or the equivalent anyway.
                            harvard is a "grades first" type of school if you don't have the minimum gpa or sat scores for harvard you can forget it. to play soccer their is just gravy.

Comment

harvard is a "grades first" type of school if you don't have the minimum gpa or sat scores for harvard you can forget it. to play soccer their is just gravy.
                              Way more students have the grades and scores then they have spots for. The kids there are exceptional in other ways as well. Look at the roster. The soccer resumes are impressive and you can be sure those players are tip top students.

Comment

Maybe so but their problem is their league. How are they getting those well trained players in front of the college coaches at big show cases.
                                They have a college advisor and they played in top showcases and had great success placing kids in their first 2 graduating classes. What does the league matter?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X