Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECNL Regional path to playing ECNL teams.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah? Which one.

LISC
    NYSC
    Oakwood
    NEFC
    SSS
    Seacoast.

NEFC would be the big loss, and they already have boys ECNL. Other clubs are weak.

Comment

I can confirm multiple GAL clubs across the country trying to get accepted into ECNLR with it having path to ECNL.

Comment

Which ones in New England, NY, NJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Talks happening this week with one of the committed GAL clubs north of NJ. If it gets done not good for GAL. Only loyal GAL directors to the league are the clubs that have no path to ECNL. STA for example has no chance. These other “committed” GAL clubs doing all they can to find path in to ECNL.
          I talked to the coach of my older daughter's college team (Big East) about all this and how the pandemic is affecting recruiting (I have a 2004 as well). They said as of now, they will continue to track the progress of the kids they were targeting in GDA, regardless if they're playing in GAL or moved to an ECNL team. If they've already invested time/energy and built a relationship with the club coach, they're not going to throw that away. Moving forward, they will be concentrating their recruiting efforts on ECNL. They hated splitting their time between ECNL & GDA showcases, but felt it was necessary. Don't feel the same way about GAL showcases. Doesn't mean they're not interested in GAL players, just that they're not budgeting for equal recruiting measures between ECNL & GAL and that they won't hesitate to "strongly suggest" a move to an ECNL team if recruiting talks are near finalization.

Comment

Interesting. I recently talked to a college coach who said they didn’t mind going to the different leagues. They go wherever the players are. Many have established relationships with clubs.

I talked to the coach of my older daughter's college team (Big East) about all this and how the pandemic is affecting recruiting (I have a 2004 as well). They said as of now, they will continue to track the progress of the kids they were targeting in GDA, regardless if they're playing in GAL or moved to an ECNL team. If they've already invested time/energy and built a relationship with the club coach, they're not going to throw that away. Moving forward, they will be concentrating their recruiting efforts on ECNL. They hated splitting their time between ECNL & GDA showcases, but felt it was necessary. Don't feel the same way about GAL showcases. Doesn't mean they're not interested in GAL players, just that they're not budgeting for equal recruiting measures between ECNL & GAL and that they won't hesitate to "strongly suggest" a move to an ECNL team if recruiting talks are near finalization.

Comment

It is happening. Top ECNLR will play ECNL teams.

This is not a maybe or some random parent post.

Screen shot this one as well.
              It has always been the case. A chance to play the bottom feeder ECNL clubs like Match Fit.

Comment

Oh yeah? Which one.

LISC
                NYSC
                Oakwood
                NEFC
                SSS
                Seacoast.

NEFC would be the big loss, and they already have boys ECNL. Other clubs are weak.
                I call bs. Let’s hear it Nostradamus.

Comment

It has always been the case. A chance to play the bottom feeder ECNL clubs like Match Fit.
                  Yes, it is true. It sounds great, until you realize the games are in a special 4th bracket created just for this purpose, probably playing teams even worse than MF.

Comment

I just read Sporting BV got into ECNLR alas well. Wow. The writing is on the wall. Our club is always a step behind in the politics of this industry. So glad my daughter is older.

Comment

Yes, it is true. It sounds great, until you realize the games are in a special 4th bracket created just for this purpose, probably playing teams even worse than MF.
                      This is true now and probably for the next year or two. But as ECRL rolls out to more of the country, eventually that will change. ECRL will eventually really be a pathway for clubs to get to ECNL after showing they can beat ECNL B-teams in league play, and then lower level ECNL teams will be relegated to ECRL. This has not been how it has worked in the Northeast, but that will be the model for the rest of the country, and eventually the Northeast will have to become this way.

Comment

I just read Sporting BV got into ECNLR alas well. Wow. The writing is on the wall. Our club is always a step behind in the politics of this industry. So glad my daughter is older.
                        Where do you see that on Sporting BV?

Comment

I seen that as well. Check for press release from club.

Comment

If that is true it is really bad for GAL. Hoping it is BS.

Comment

We taking bets on the NY-New England club that is next?

Comment

ECNL also had this rule this year with the top performing RL teams being eligible to go to some playoff in a separate bracket and guess what it did NOTHING to help the level of competition in RL league. The RL teams for the most part in the NE are terrible. Nobody wants their kid playing on a second team and for sure nobody wants their kid in a second tier league. It would take a massive culture shift both at the clubs and in the league to make RL a desired choice. Second teams and second leagues are always looked down on and never treated the same as the top.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X