Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why? There is no return on investment. Women’s soccer is worthless aesthetically and financially. Go watch any mls academy boys team and you a higher quality of football.
    The ditched the boys DA right along with the girls. Good riddance to both.

Comment

Why? There is no return on investment. Women’s soccer is worthless aesthetically and financially. Go watch any mls academy boys team and you a higher quality of football.
      That is why the funded DA academies families are never wasting their time on chat forums. They know better. That is the only decent high level youth soccer to be had. Chat forums are for the rest of us poor suckers.

Comment

I am neither here nor there just curious. No argument just wondering.
        Ive seen english premier league u-23 teams but never mls academy. How do the mls academy teams compare to top flight D1 womens soccer or NWSL? There is a good chance you might not have seen either but I had to ask.

Comment

The ditched the boys DA right along with the girls. Good riddance to both.
          Actually it's the opposite - financial strains from Covid 19 forced MLS clubs to pull out of BDA earlier than planned, so that gave USSF an easy out to ditch an already GDA. Several other good clubs had already announced they were going to ECNL.

Comment

Actually it's the opposite - financial strains from Covid 19 forced MLS clubs to pull out of BDA earlier than planned, so that gave USSF an easy out to ditch an already GDA. Several other good clubs had already announced they were going to ECNL.
            Good riddance to them both as far as I and many others am concerned.

Comment

yes in the long run it's better but a lot of players got hit unexpectedly.

Comment

yes in the long run it's better but a lot of players got hit unexpectedly.
                My daughter played both GDA and ECNL, and from her perspective, GDA was the better development environment. The fact that you have to fight for your spot, like pro player made her train even harder, the no-return rule turns girls into women, and as her parent, I fully supported the system. The ECNL rule of coming back in the next half is great for marginal players, the 10 minutes they get before each half strung them along just enough to keep them on the team, my daughter was a starter not by politics, or favoritism, but by hard work and the toughness required to succeed.

Comment

Spoken like a proud member of the ECNL mafia, —vaffanculo

Comment

I am neither here nor there just curious. No argument just wondering.
                    Ive seen english premier league u-23 teams but never mls academy. How do the mls academy teams compare to top flight D1 womens soccer or NWSL? There is a good chance you might not have seen either but I had to ask.
                    The Dallas affiliates u14s smashed the USWNT. Fact.

Comment

My daughter played both GDA and ECNL, and from her perspective, GDA was the better development environment. The fact that you have to fight for your spot, like pro player made her train even harder, the no-return rule turns girls into women, and as her parent, I fully supported the system. The ECNL rule of coming back in the next half is great for marginal players, the 10 minutes they get before each half strung them along just enough to keep them on the team, my daughter was a starter not by politics, or favoritism, but by hard work and the toughness required to succeed.
                      Let it go. DA is gone. Even if your kid had a great experience there's plenty of kids who did not. Mediocre training, mediocre competition. ECNL has some of that also. It's entirely situational by player and what club they play for. Even on your own daughter's team there were others not experiencing/feeling the same things.

Comment

OP here - what I meant was players are better off without USSF involvement in youth soccer. No other US sport has "control" over their youth sports programs. Plus USSF clearly hasn't a clue, both in running the leagues and just in general.

Comment

OP here - what I meant was players are better off without USSF involvement in youth soccer. No other US sport has "control" over their youth sports programs. Plus USSF clearly hasn't a clue, both in running the leagues and just in general.
                          Well said. For all the time money and energy they asked of us families, what did we get in return,? Booted to the curb and the men can't even qualify for the world cup.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X