Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Speaking from the Northeast's perspective, same clubs except swapped the Mess Formally Known as 'Fury' for a middling club, LISC. Otherwise, exactly the same.

So, add in the pluses they were able to take from USSF (training programs, game day experiences, professionalism in their product, coaching training) and eliminating the negative (HS, subbing, more regionalized play)...I guess we may have a different view of "success" then....
    The interesting thing is that these rule changes aren't across the board. The FAQ for the league has a lot of answers, and leaves a lot of questions. You guys can make your own call based on this read. https://www.girlsacademyleague.com/faq.html

Comment

The interesting thing is that these rule changes aren't across the board. The FAQ for the league has a lot of answers, and leaves a lot of questions. You guys can make your own call based on this read. https://www.girlsacademyleague.com/faq.html

Yes, that is a huge benefit on how they are going to operate. Each of the Regions will implement the same general guidelines around game play; but the scheduling and rules that affect individual clubs will be flexible as to what best meets those needs. Said differently, what works in San Diego doesn't work in Boston, so no sense in trying to make it so when discussing youth soccer.

Comment

The move of adding Ukies completely undermined the viability of this new league and showed what it’s about from the start $$$$ and nothing else. No integrity
        I won't vouch for Ukies as I'm not directly familiar with them, but we can't complain about travel and then complain when clubs are included to help minimize that travel.

If they can't cut it, they will be eliminated just like GDA did.

Comment

Yes, that is a huge benefit on how they are going to operate. Each of the Regions will implement the same general guidelines around game play; but the scheduling and rules that affect individual clubs will be flexible as to what best meets those needs. Said differently, what works in San Diego doesn't work in Boston, so no sense in trying to make it so when discussing youth soccer.
          That's a point of mine though. Right in the FAQ they say each club can change how many days per week they reserve for training. To me that's not taking the best parts of the DA and just transferring them over. I can see a lot of clubs taking that as a license to reduce the number of practices, types of practices (no video for example), etc. That's just supposition though. There is almost too much per-club flexibility unless I am reading this wrong.

Comment

That's a point of mine though. Right in the FAQ they say each club can change how many days per week they reserve for training. To me that's not taking the best parts of the DA and just transferring them over. I can see a lot of clubs taking that as a license to reduce the number of practices, types of practices (no video for example), etc. That's just supposition though. There is almost too much per-club flexibility unless I am reading this wrong.
            No, the intent is that they want players playing for the club 3/4 times a week and a game (or two) on the weekends.

What they mean is that they are playing through the fall. They want a 10-month season. However, if a club has a lot of players who want to play HS, they will look to minimize games during the fall. They will also look to minimize practices/pool players so those who want a full club fall training regimine can have it. If you are going to play HS, that will be allowed. But, they will NOT allow a kid to practice with their HS 4x a week and with the club 3x a week and playing a game for each. It's way too much.

Comment

Looks like a lot of pretty words, but not much concrete information. Already setting the stage for Covid-19 to be the scapegoat.

Comment

Looks like a lot of pretty words, but not much concrete information. Already setting the stage for Covid-19 to be the scapegoat.
                Ha, well, I did say to someone I expected no showcases in 2020 and they'd blame Covid, real or not.

But, as for the rest, the league was formed just over a week ago. What they did in the amount of time is actually quite impressive. But, they still have a lot to work out. It's May. Plenty of time to fill in the blanks as long as the structure is sound.

Comment

Speaking from the Northeast's perspective, same clubs except swapped the Mess Formally Known as 'Fury' for a middling club, LISC. Otherwise, exactly the same.

So, add in the pluses they were able to take from USSF (training programs, game day experiences, professionalism in their product, coaching training) and eliminating the negative (HS, subbing, more regionalized play)...I guess we may have a different view of "success" then....
                  It’s not the same past our regional league. The best teams are gone. The showcases will not even be close. Playoffs much weaker. Plus better talent will leave. It’s a B league now and that OK. Something for everyone is good.

Comment

It’s not the same past our regional league. The best teams are gone. The showcases will not even be close. Playoffs much weaker. Plus better talent will leave. It’s a B league now and that OK. Something for everyone is good.
                    All that we should be concerned about is the Regional league. That's where 90% of the activity is. There is no playoffs, no need for it. Just adds more unnecessary travel.

Not a lot of places for teams to go until ECNL restructures. So, I don't see anyone leaving for the foreseeable future. It's a B+ league, and that's is OK. For a lot of players, though, it's an A league because that's all they can get to.

Comment

I won't vouch for Ukies as I'm not directly familiar with them, but we can't complain about travel and then complain when clubs are included to help minimize that travel.

I’m sure just like the have “eliminated“ LISC whose teams constantly get pounded and barely win any games in any age groups! Keep drinking the kool aid it’s all about keeping a league (no matter what teams) together so these places continue to collect $$ from you the consumer. Otherwise teams like Ukies and LISC would not be in it...they are not good and they did not earn it either.

Comment

I’m sure just like the have “eliminated“ LISC whose teams constantly get pounded and barely win any games in any age groups! Keep drinking the kool aid it’s all about keeping a league (no matter what teams) together so these places continue to collect $$ from you the consumer. Otherwise teams like Ukies and LISC would not be in it...they are not good and they did not earn it either.
                        Last year, I was not impressed with LISC in our age group. But the olders were better. Looking at the standings available, their U16 team is decent but yes, the others remain poor.

We'll see if they turn around. If not, they will go. Just like Empire was sent pack after last year.

There's teams in other leagues who stay on and will not be removed because they hold a license. How is that any better?

It's funny, every time someone posts something that isn't negative, it's attributed to "drinking the kool aid". Odd.

Comment

Last year, I was not impressed with LISC in our age group. But the olders were better. Looking at the standings available, their U16 team is decent but yes, the others remain poor.

We'll see if they turn around. If not, they will go. Just like Empire was sent pack after last year.

There's teams in other leagues who stay on and will not be removed because they hold a license. How is that any better?

It's funny, every time someone posts something that isn't negative, it's attributed to "drinking the kool aid". Odd.
                          LISC is plain and simple awful, they’ve already proven that! Why should anyone wait they should not be part of this league. And I’m afraid Ukrainian will follows same pattern have you seen their teams play??? If not you’ll be shocked how poor they are.

Comment

LISC is plain and simple awful, they’ve already proven that! Why should anyone wait they should not be part of this league. And I’m afraid Ukrainian will follows same pattern have you seen their teams play??? If not you’ll be shocked how poor they are.
                            Tough spot. Meaning, to try to get teams in every geographical area, you either have to admit to longer travel or questionable clubs. Personally, I was surprised about LISC as they showed me nothing last year (didn't play them this year yet). Not knowing the landscape on LI enough, but with the Fury/Albertson debacle and some players -not all- moving over to SUSA ( ? ) I was reading, that conceivably puts more players in the pool.

But, again, there are terrible teams in all leagues and are there because of legacy, not quality. This Ukranian team fills a hole and sounds like it's a drop in quality. We competed quite well against the PA teams traditionally, but would only be playing them once so really doesn't have an affect on us.

If it were up to the leadership, I'm sure they would've loved to keep every great club in tact. But, that's not reality. In our area, there really aren't a lot of options. I'm comfortable with the vision the club has laid out and as long as colleges are still talking to my daughter (and they are), you can call it drinking the flav-o-aid (it wasn't kool-aid BTW) and take it year by year as we always do.

I hope every team prospers and comes out of this in good shape and we can get back to growing the game.

Comment

Tough spot. Meaning, to try to get teams in every geographical area, you either have to admit to longer travel or questionable clubs. Personally, I was surprised about LISC as they showed me nothing last year (didn't play them this year yet). Not knowing the landscape on LI enough, but with the Fury/Albertson debacle and some players -not all- moving over to SUSA ( ? ) I was reading, that conceivably puts more players in the pool.

But, again, there are terrible teams in all leagues and are there because of legacy, not quality. This Ukranian team fills a hole and sounds like it's a drop in quality. We competed quite well against the PA teams traditionally, but would only be playing them once so really doesn't have an affect on us.

If it were up to the leadership, I'm sure they would've loved to keep every great club in tact. But, that's not reality. In our area, there really aren't a lot of options. I'm comfortable with the vision the club has laid out and as long as colleges are still talking to my daughter (and they are), you can call it drinking the flav-o-aid (it wasn't kool-aid BTW) and take it year by year as we always do.

I hope every team prospers and comes out of this in good shape and we can get back to growing the game.
                              Agreed, US Soccer is on a great path already so let’s continue growing the game!

Comment

How many garbage clubs did the DA bounce vs left for ECNL or were removed for other issues? How many clubs were allowed in after the 2nd ECNL exodus that should never have been elevated to that level?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X