Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about The Football Academy ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No they mean NJ Fire. Stroll over to their thread for a good laugh. They just started this spring. And we didn’t even have a spring lol
    In fairness I’ll say I don’t even know for sure if it’s them on here. I think it may be local rivals who posted just so people can come on and bash them. But the facts are still true. They have two coaches. No info on teams. Nothing about their boys program. No substantial info.
    Ahhh got it sorry for the questions and I guess no thanks if what you’re saying is true.

Comment

Ahhh got it sorry for the questions and I guess no thanks if what you’re saying is true.
      Don’t apologize for asking. That’s what this forum is for.

Comment

Lol. Good one.

Don’t apologize for asking. That’s what this forum is for.

Comment

Looking to see if anyone has information on a new club forming...the Football Academy NJ? https://www.thefootballacademynj.com

No names of coaches or owner on the website

Thx
          I have been told that its Mark Cassidy formally of CFC (centercourt) trying to start this club...after he was either let go or left CFC very recently...

It is a bit odd not the officially claim ownership unless there are issues with Centercourt ..maybe a non compete clause?

Comment

I got an email from Florham Park Sports Done informing that they welcome a new tenant - The Football Academy. So it looks like at least this new club is not a complete fake. I would imagine that Cassidy/Clinton/Green have been able to get multiple kids to sign up for 2020-21 and that's where the confidence to sign up for a lease at the dome is emanating from. Good luck to them.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I got an email from Florham Park Sports Done informing that they welcome a new tenant - The Football Academy. So it looks like at least this new club is not a complete fake. I would imagine that Cassidy/Clinton/Green have been able to get multiple kids to sign up for 2020-21 and that's where the confidence to sign up for a lease at the dome is emanating from. Good luck to them.

Comment

Then I guess Matchfit is out as the soccer tenant already..less than a year....??

Comment

I have been told that its Mark Cassidy formally of CFC (centercourt) trying to start this club...after he was either let go or left CFC very recently...

It is a bit odd not the officially claim ownership unless there are issues with Centercourt ..maybe a non compete clause?
                  There has to be a non compete clause unless CFC is no longer offering a soccer program, then this new club might get lucky in absorbing CFC teams.

Comment

Non-competes generaly kick in one of two ways:

1) Person resigns.

2) They are laid off and they accept a layoff package in which they promise not to compete for some period.

If the CFC trainers thought they would get the families to move to a new club with them, then they would likely not have accepted the layoff package.

Of course if CFC is out of the soccer business, then there is no non-compete question at all.

Comment

mark cassidy and neil clinton will have no problems starting off why any teams. all their players remain loyal to them with the exception of a few so they should ha e no problems
                      Non-competes generaly kick in one of two ways:

1) Person resigns.

2) They are laid off and they accept a layoff package in which they promise not to compete for some period.

If the CFC trainers thought they would get the families to move to a new club with them, then they would likely not have accepted the layoff package.

Of course if CFC is out of the soccer business, then there is no non-compete question at all.

Comment

No they mean NJ Fire. Stroll over to their thread for a good laugh. They just started this spring. And we didn’t even have a spring lol
                        In fairness I’ll say I don’t even know for sure if it’s them on here. I think it may be local rivals who posted just so people can come on and bash them. But the facts are still true. They have two coaches. No info on teams. Nothing about their boys program. No substantial info.
                        All will be revealed, in time. Won’t take long before NJ Fire has other programs quaking in their boots.

Comment

you must be talking about the thread of the DOC of the other club down there that is being bashed from overpromising and under delivering, making side deals, and and God knows what he did over the the Atlantic club. So yeah if you want to get a good laugh head over to that one FOH. And if NJ FIRE is really a start up club how are they going to have any information on teams if it’s newly started. BRAIN surgeon.

Comment

mark cassidy and neil clinton will have no problems starting off why any teams. all their players remain loyal to them with the exception of a few so they should ha e no problems
                            Then why don't they put their names on the website and claim ownership of the club?

It doesn't make sense unless they have a legal issue with Centercourt...tough time to try to get a new club up and running and that fact that there is zero information as to who owners or who will run the club isn't not helping their cause...

Centercourt is keeping the soccer program and told Red Bulls will be running it and Red Bulls coaching the teams as well....

Comment

Then why don't they put their names on the website and claim ownership of the club?

It doesn't make sense unless they have a legal issue with Centercourt...tough time to try to get a new club up and running and that fact that there is zero information as to who owners or who will run the club isn't not helping their cause...

Centercourt is keeping the soccer program and told Red Bulls will be running it and Red Bulls coaching the teams as well....
                              Wow Red Bulls training coaches. What a shame. So CFC will now become a town program run by the low level coaching Red Bulls send to towns. Such a shame for a once promising younger kids program.

I guess like what people are saying these guys will likely have no problems convincing kids if this is the CFC route town level Red Bulls coaches.

Comment

Wow Red Bulls training coaches. What a shame. So CFC will now become a town program run by the low level coaching Red Bulls send to towns. Such a shame for a once promising younger kids program.

I guess like what people are saying these guys will likely have no problems convincing kids if this is the CFC route town level Red Bulls coaches.
                                Thanks Mark..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X