Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Most clubs will probably ask for an amount that will make parents unwilling to walk away from if it is for their top team. Parents have been known to say one thing, but change their minds at the last minute. The way I see it, if you have an offer from PDA or the like, your going to have to put down more than most. It will also have to be a check so you can’t dispute the charge lol
    This is reasonable. The comfort level parents will have with dropping the entire tuition before play starts next (whenever that is) will also depend on how clubs handle this spring season when all is said and done (refunds/credits/nada/etc.).

Comment

Guys,

The clubs can't give refunds back until they receive refunds from tournaments and leagues that are are still waiting. What is so difficult to understand?

Are we getting refunds for car insurance, car payments and school tuition?
      Red Bulls pre Academy will credit the spring payment towards the fall season. This is for the people out there saying that RDS is a money grab.

Comment

Red Bulls pre Academy will credit the spring payment towards the fall season. This is for the people out there saying that RDS is a money grab.
        Also RB asked for a verbal commitment for next year but won't be taking money from those who have to pay until August.

Comment

Also RB asked for a verbal commitment for next year but won't be taking money from those who have to pay until August.
          That is because RB is not sure they will have enough to form teams next year. 07 girls have scattered and they are forming an 08/07 girls team, hoping for just one team. I have an 09 daughter who they told should look for a stronger team

Comment

Credit for next year doesn't really play well with those not planing on staying at their club.

Comment

Credit for next year doesn't really play well with those not planing on staying at their club.
              Alternative accommodations (i.e. refunds) were given to those not staying.

Comment

Alternative accommodations (i.e. refunds) were given to those not staying.
                We were not offered a refund. We were offered credit only toward future registrations or training programs

Comment

That is because RB is not sure they will have enough to form teams next year. 07 girls have scattered and they are forming an 08/07 girls team, hoping for just one team. I have an 09 daughter who they told should look for a stronger team
                  The 07 girls were told they should look for other teams because RB couldn't get in to DA for next year (we now know why) so they should be in a team that could offer a competitive league. They also offered to keep an 07 team for the girls who wanted to stay but they would be playing EDP.
                  As far as 08/07 nothing has been announced and as far as I know all 08 girls are coming back next year. They were able to complete with and beat most of the 08 teams in the area, STA, CSA, NJ Elite and all while playing without a goalie (field players were rotating in goal).
                  As far as the 09 they were supposed to have tryouts in April and as soon as the lock down is lifted the will have them. I'm not sure what you saying makes sense. A team is having tryouts and they tell people your daughter is too good for our team go find a better team.

Comment

The 07 girls were told they should look for other teams because RB couldn't get in to DA for next year (we now know why) so they should be in a team that could offer a competitive league. They also offered to keep an 07 team for the girls who wanted to stay but they would be playing EDP.
                    As far as 08/07 nothing has been announced and as far as I know all 08 girls are coming back next year. They were able to complete with and beat most of the 08 teams in the area, STA, CSA, NJ Elite and all while playing without a goalie (field players were rotating in goal).
                    As far as the 09 they were supposed to have tryouts in April and as soon as the lock down is lifted the will have them. I'm not sure what you saying makes sense. A team is having tryouts and they tell people your daughter is too good for our team go find a better team.
                    Parents gave verbal commitments to RB and then gave deposits to other clubs. No depth will have them folding up the girls side before September. Sorry

Comment

Parents gave verbal commitments to RB and then gave deposits to other clubs. No depth will have them folding up the girls side before September. Sorry
                      No different than what people are doing with other clubs that are offering the no deposit commitments. Nothing to lose if you commit and look elsewhere. CSA is offering this very convenient option too but it’s risky.

Comment

At the end of the day you can't make people stay deposit or no deposit. It's about what you are offering and what's delivered. A lot of clubs offer things they know the can't deliver just to get people through the door and when parents realize that the club has been lying the whole time they leave and look for a different offer. It's hard to say that RB are are going to continue their commitment to building a top level girls academy but I can tell you one thing a hand full of girls leaving won't make a difference. If the close the door on the girls is because the parent company decided the investment wasn't right for them not because two girls decided not to come back. This club is bigger than most people think.

Comment

Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with people at CSA absolutely it refunds? The season is over and my daughter is moving on, but no response

Comment

Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with people at CSA absolutely it refunds? The season is over and my daughter is moving on, but no response
                            Not sure if they can afford to issue any, I believed they furloughed all their coaches.

Comment

I was under the impression that most coaches were independent contractors. I did not think that these clubs paid their insurance or anything like that. How many clubs are still paying their coaches?

Comment

I was under the impression that most coaches were independent contractors. I did not think that these clubs paid their insurance or anything like that. How many clubs are still paying their coaches?
                                Some still paying, some not. Some trying to get SBA loans or other programs with the results facing countless other US businesses - the money dried up in an instant. Salaries will be a club's biggest expense, followed by fields. If you own a facility you have a big mortgage. If you rent you may or may not have been able to get some money back. Insurance still has to be paid. Most spring tournaments were already paid for, but many haven't returned money yet. The only real savings are ref fees and coach travel.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X