Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fees refunds?

NYSC had a class action lawsuit and lost. Anyone willing to take on the clubs that are not providing the service specified in their contracts?

https://nypost.com/2020/04/24/new-yo...virus-closure/

Guys,

The clubs can't give refunds back until they receive refunds from tournaments and leagues that are are still waiting. What is so difficult to understand?

Are we getting refunds for car insurance, car payments and school tuition?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Guys,

The clubs can't give refunds back until they receive refunds from tournaments and leagues that are are still waiting. What is so difficult to understand?

Let's see...team of 16 @ $3kea....That's $48k....Most do 2 maybe 3 tournaments in spring at $1200ea MAYBE......So they should have a good chunk of money without needing to get the tournament money back let alone that money be enough to cover partial refunds for everyone.

Comment

Guys,

Actually I can answer yes for car insurance and car payment. Allstate already issued refunds to me and other policyholders for auto. Chrysler already contacted me about payment deferral which I declined. BUT they have deeper pockets than the soccer clubs. So the soccer clubs will struggle with refunding money since their pockets are not as deep as fortune 500 companies.

Comment

Guys,

Most bush league clubs like MF spent this money already. They are primed for Class Action.

It will all eventually catch up to this industry.

Comment

We need to rethink about playing for these type of clubs. In all honestly, you shouldn't play more than $2,000. Find a bargain club. These $3 -$4K clubs are not what you think.

Comment

Guys,

Yes, 20% back on my car insurance from April-June. Based on low to no use of vehicle.

You sir, are an idiot.

Comment

Guys,

got a refund from insurance as well as from college (dorms + meal plan). hard to figure out why you'd get a refund for a car payment which is parked on your mother's lawn.

Comment

Actually I can answer yes for car insurance and car payment. Allstate already issued refunds to me and other policyholders for auto. Chrysler already contacted me about payment deferral which I declined. BUT they have deeper pockets than the soccer clubs. So the soccer clubs will struggle with refunding money since their pockets are not as deep as fortune 500 companies.
                  What car insurance do you use?

I can tell you for a fact that my daughter attends a University that costs us $65K a year, and the only credit we may be getting is for her meal plan for April and May. She was home by mid March. We did not pay for online classes, but that is what we got. We paid for her books, that she is no longer using, but will not get a credit for them either. We paid for her on campus apartment, but she is now home, guess what, still have to pay or she will lose her ability to stay in the same apartment next year. Face fact, you are not getting a refund from any travel soccer club. If you get a credit, be happy or find a new club. Class Action suits will be dismissed as there will be so many of them that the courts will not be able to process them. Welcome to 2020

Comment

Most insurance companies are returning about 20%, a nice gesture but they're still making $. Colleges are refunding unused portions of room and board but not tuition. For soccer clubs tournament fees only make up about $50-$100 per player of the total. Some clubs are still trying to pay coaches and that is by far their biggest expense. Some have other payments they can't escape (mortgage if they own their fields, rental contracts they can't get out of, insurance). Clubs can argue that like colleges they are providing online instruction and don't have to return everything.

More importantly, no leagues have officially called the season over yet. There will be no refunds until that happens. Everyone hopes, despite the probability it doesn't happen.

Comment

We need to rethink about playing for these type of clubs. In all honestly, you shouldn't play more than $2,000. Find a bargain club. These $3 -$4K clubs are not what you think.
                      Definitely go for the monthly payment plan if available. Don't give them a chunk of money up front, now more than ever

Comment

Definitely go for the monthly payment plan if available. Don't give them a chunk of money up front, now more than ever
                        Well yes, but aren't most clubs paid up by the start of the fall season even with installment plans? I could be wrong. This next season could definitely change the status quo. I know I'm uneasy with paying up for the 20/21 season by September with all the uncertainly.

Comment

Most insurance companies are returning about 20%, a nice gesture but they're still making $. Colleges are refunding unused portions of room and board but not tuition. For soccer clubs tournament fees only make up about $50-$100 per player of the total. Some clubs are still trying to pay coaches and that is by far their biggest expense. Some have other payments they can't escape (mortgage if they own their fields, rental contracts they can't get out of, insurance). Clubs can argue that like colleges they are providing online instruction and don't have to return everything.

More importantly, no leagues have officially called the season over yet. There will be no refunds until that happens. Everyone hopes, despite the probability it doesn't happen.
                          It’s doesn’t matter who they want to pretend to pay. They are not honoring their contract. I’m sure they can get refunds on the fields. They can get PPP for coaches. So players need a refund as well.

Comment

Well yes, but aren't most clubs paid up by the start of the fall season even with installment plans? I could be wrong. This next season could definitely change the status quo. I know I'm uneasy with paying up for the 20/21 season by September with all the uncertainly.
                            Most clubs will probably ask for an amount that will make parents unwilling to walk away from if it is for their top team. Parents have been known to say one thing, but change their minds at the last minute. The way I see it, if you have an offer from PDA or the like, your going to have to put down more than most. It will also have to be a check so you can’t dispute the charge lol

Comment

It’s doesn’t matter who they want to pretend to pay. They are not honoring their contract. I’m sure they can get refunds on the fields. They can get PPP for coaches. So players need a refund as well.
                              A lot of the clubs that have furloughed their coaches and are collecting PPP are doing quite nicely thank you very much. Clubs collect PPP (while still keeping the $ you already paid), coaches collect unemployment. So it works out very well for everyone win-win!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X