Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So Baltimore runs to Pipeline & SJEB runs to PDA South...maybe they can play FC Virginia every other week?
    Baltimore runs to Pipeline? You do know most of Baltimore WAS Pipeline. SJEB has some hard core kool-aide parents but some will go.

Comment

PDA south won’t gain that many. Bad location. Too far for most.
      Bad location? A lot players in SJ come from Voorhees, Cherry Hill, Washington Twp, and Medford areas.....They have Real, SJEB Rush, Medford Strikers, NextLevel, Philly SC, RUSA, GPS South, Central Jersey Rush, PSA, YMS among a half dozen other clubs they will now be drawing from. I'm on the fringe of soccer playing towns in SJ and it's only about an hour from me.

Comment

In traffic this location is 45 plus minutes for most. It’ll be interesting. Like the club but that drive is painful for most.

Comment

That might be high but I see what you’re saying. Maybe more like 35-40 minutes though. They’ll get some.

In traffic this location is 45 plus minutes for most. It’ll be interesting. Like the club but that drive is painful for most.

Comment

I won’t drive more than 15 minutes to soccer practice but I guess I’m spoiled (and probably too old I know lol) Too many things going on to add an additional hour and a half for kids soccer and pay additional for it. I’m probably in the minority though.

That might be high but I see what you’re saying. Maybe more like 35-40 minutes though. They’ll get some.

Comment

Bad location? A lot players in SJ come from Voorhees, Cherry Hill, Washington Twp, and Medford areas.....They have Real, SJEB Rush, Medford Strikers, NextLevel, Philly SC, RUSA, GPS South, Central Jersey Rush, PSA, YMS among a half dozen other clubs they will now be drawing from. I'm on the fringe of soccer playing towns in SJ and it's only about an hour from me.
              Only an hour? One way? Yuck.

Comment

FC Virginia good but the rest will lose good players. Don’t you see FCV jumping on any offer to get in to ECNL. Big risk.

Players are going to leave.

Baltimore players to Pipeline
                SJEB players to PDA South
                PA Classics players have three options.

CSA is basically playing in a VA league. Don’t see it working for them at all. So much travel for what?
                CSA playing in a VA League is simply unacceptable and will not last....as soon as FCV and PA Classics find something better they go bye-bye. The travel and level of competition will be big negatives....why not at least play in the NE GAL conference???

Comment

CSA playing in a VA League is simply unacceptable and will not last....as soon as FCV and PA Classics find something better they go bye-bye. The travel and level of competition will be big negatives....why not at least play in the NE GAL conference???
                  Why would any good player sign up for this platform? They will lose kids fast.

Comment

It’s not will happen, it’s sadly happening now. Wish we could stick around but too risky....how many teams are even in this “league”? CSA was on the right path but this US Soccer bs move killed all the momentum. What a bunch of jerks.

Comment

Some of the best players in the country are already playing in this league it is viewed by many as the top platform in the country. Just wait and see how fast it grows in Northeast. And travel will be limited for games only less than 1:30 tops so you save lots of $$$$. Win win situation for the kids and their hard working families.

Comment

Some of the best players in the country are already playing in this league it is viewed by many as the top platform in the country. Just wait and see how fast it grows in Northeast. And travel will be limited for games only less than 1:30 tops so you save lots of $$$$. Win win situation for the kids and their hard working families.
                        Nobody is viewing GAL as the top platform in the country, nobody. College coaches telling their commits to play with ECNL teams, solid GDA clubs going ECNL REGIONAL in hopes of getting their foot in the door, ECNL brass fielding 70+ calls a day from clubs begging to get in.

Comment

Doesn't matter what the rest of the country looks like. HERE is what matters for my daughter. What teams could possibly be worthy of an elite league status and compete on a national level in this area? Who really wants to pay to travel to MD and VA to play scrub teams like Arlington, BA and Metro?

Comment

Doesn't matter what the rest of the country looks like. HERE is what matters for my daughter. What teams could possibly be worthy of an elite league status and compete on a national level in this area? Who really wants to pay to travel to MD and VA to play scrub teams like Arlington, BA and Metro?
                            Got a simple solution find another club then good luck

Comment

It's a half *****ed league, put together with leftovers from a failed GDA experiment that couldn't even make it with USSF support. Weaker players and clubs will join only because they have nowhere else to go next year. Better clubs and players are finding homes in ECNL. Next year the GAL exodus will ramp up. If it gets through two full seasons that will be an accomplishment.

Comment

GAL in this region is more of a joke than DA was.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X