•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK entitled MF parent

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This "New League" which is so well thought out, that it doesn't have a name or a list of clubs that will participate in it, wants to offer what ECNL has been offering for 10 years now. The travel will be the same. What is the difference? If I play at STA, I'm still traveling to Pennsylvania to play Penn Fusion. I still have to go to CT and Boston. Please tell me the difference, other than you will not have amazing events to go to. Will you get into the top flight at the biggest tournament for Girls in NJ? No.

Don't make this no name league to be anything other than a glorified division of EDP
      Of course it doesn't have a name yet. There is an approval process to go through to get it instituted under a new umbrella. The collaboration between these clubs to get this right now that USSF is out of the way has been amazing.

Less travel, keep it within your Region. No need to travel from Maine to Maryland. Less (if any) National events. Same rules/structure as what you get in ECNL.

Positives all around.

Comment

Lol! Huge difference in this area. No board members calling shots in favor of own team being huge one. This is going to be really refreshing.

Comment

I know numerous parents that can’t / won’t make that trip. It’s exclusionary and all about $$$$$. Can’t wait for this new league.
          Serious Q-If GDA could barely compete with ECNL with the USSF behind it and most of the NT players playing in that league...what makes you think a cobbled together league of former GDA clubs (sans the NT players, no doubt) that didn't get offered ECNL, with no real backing of a substantial governing organization will be any threat to ECNL?

Comment

Serious Q-If GDA could barely compete with ECNL with the USSF behind it and most of the NT players playing in that league...what makes you think a cobbled together league of former GDA clubs (sans the NT players, no doubt) that didn't get offered ECNL, with no real backing of a substantial governing organization will be any threat to ECNL?

Because, there are several falsities in your statement comment:

* NT players with those clubs will still be there - Why leave?
            * What makes you think GDA players weren't offered ECNL spots?
            * All the complaints about GDA have been wiped away with this new venture
            * They will have the backing of a substantial governing organization (which has delayed the full announcements for now...this takes time)

Comment

This "New League" which is so well thought out, that it doesn't have a name or a list of clubs that will participate in it, wants to offer what ECNL has been offering for 10 years now. The travel will be the same. What is the difference? If I play at STA, I'm still traveling to Pennsylvania to play Penn Fusion. I still have to go to CT and Boston. Please tell me the difference, other than you will not have amazing events to go to. Will you get into the top flight at the biggest tournament for Girls in NJ? No.

Don't make this no name league to be anything other than a glorified division of EDP
              That's exactly what this is, a glorified version of EDP without the organization & cohesion of EDP management. If your kid is 06 or younger, give it a shot-not much too lose. If your kid is 05 or older and looking to commit, go to something more established-the clock is ticking and the pandemic is only making it worse.

Comment

This new league will be huge.

Comment

* They will have the backing of a substantial governing organization (which has delayed the full announcements for now...this takes time)
                  So, one more thing....there are hundreds of complaints about USSF....I would think them being out of the picture is a good thing. USSF is a complete mess right now.

Comment

LMFAO, awww your cute :)

Comment

True. Sit tight. Much more info coming soon.

This new league will be huge.

Comment

LMFAO, awww your cute :)
                        So, no worthwhile reply then? Got it.

Comment

Listen this is funny because you say this or been advertising this league and trying to promote it and gain it's traction by coming on here and probably many others boards trying to get all the attention and rally folks. I get it and I think that its good and will be a good league for THOSE that need a place to call home. I am a ECNL supporter and PDA supporter for sure but I do support all the kids that play this sport but at the end of the day they are just trying to do something that they love and that's play the game. If you want to sit here and promote go right ahead I will sit back and make this virtual bowl of popcorn and sit and watch this happen and watch the long debate continue and watch you....maybe continue to try to solicit parents to think about something new. Trust me and I will bet you whatever you want that those kids that are playing for ECNL teams aren't leaving to run to a club in this new league WHENEVER its announced which from what I know is STA, CSA, in this area. Now if all the DA teams decide to stay as put the conference would still look at this

Oakwood
                          STA/PSA
                          Seacoast
                          NYC Soccer Club
                          South Shore Select
                          NEFC
                          LI SC
                          Cedar Stars

Now as far as travel goes how far does it take to get to Rhode Island because that is the farthest that I see any NJ based team would be travelling.

But again I will wait because its not about "LEAGUE" its about whats the best fit for individual families. I am not going to say buyer beware because that doesn't apply to this but what I will say is that what I know is that you are either a COACH or DIRECTOR from one of the clubs I mentioned and you been at this for days now trying to save your players and attract more just as the GDA teams did when it came around. Again I will wait and sit back and enjoy this ECNL ride

Comment

Graduation year change coming!

Big announcement soon.

Comment

The big question is whether or not this new league will be able to put on showcase events that will attract college coaches to scout players. Having these big showcases where college coaches can see the most players they are interested in at one location on one weekend is a big draw. ECNL and GDA showcase events were successful at doing that. Will need to see how this new league intends to do something like that or not.

Comment

Graduation year change coming!

Big announcement soon.
                                Oh goody. Why have less disruption when u can have more. Yippee!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X