Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL threatened?

With the DA breaking up, you would think ECNL would be in the drivers seat but could they not in fact be affected negatively as now girls that could not play HS can while doing so in a top league (whatever it may be that the former DA clubs form)? I think teams like STA, SJEB will pick up quite a few new players from PDA and Matchfit....

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    With the DA breaking up, you would think ECNL would be in the drivers seat but could they not in fact be affected negatively as now girls that could not play HS can while doing so in a top league (whatever it may be that the former DA clubs form)? I think teams like STA, SJEB will pick up quite a few new players from PDA and Matchfit....
    I agree.. I think PDA will be fine, but Matchfit is in big trouble. They screwed a few teams over the last few months, and now with a new league forming- I think you may see a some flee to STA. With DB and JR running the show nothing good comes from that.

Comment

That is what may be a curious end-result to all of this.

If the "new" league comes in with essentially the same DA structure, but changes to:

* More Regionalized play
      * Change in subbing rules
      * Allow for HS play

If you like your club and coach, no reason to change. If you are closer to one of these teams and don't want to travel a long time to play on an ECNL club for the reasons above (not the Regionalized play, that's actually worse in ECNL) - would you consider changing back? Because, I've ready many comments on here "if DA allowed for HS we'd go there". Be interesting if it's true.

Comment

That is what may be a curious end-result to all of this.

If the "new" league comes in with essentially the same DA structure, but changes to:

* More Regionalized play
        * Change in subbing rules
        * Allow for HS play

If you like your club and coach, no reason to change. If you are closer to one of these teams and don't want to travel a long time to play on an ECNL club for the reasons above (not the Regionalized play, that's actually worse in ECNL) - would you consider changing back? Because, I've ready many comments on here "if DA allowed for HS we'd go there". Be interesting if it's true.
        LOL Thanks Tim and John. The quick turnaround from begging to get into ECNL to bashing it has been noted

Comment

LOL Thanks Tim and John. The quick turnaround from begging to get into ECNL to bashing it has been noted
          How is it "bashing"? A bit sensitive, are we?

Comment

Okay thanks DM we know that you and your PSA buddies lol have been promoting this league or "NEW LEAGUE" Girls Academy League.

Comment

Families are getting really sick up the constant churn and chaos. Sorry if no one can get excited about yet another youth soccer league. Not an ecnl fan but we are just done. No one even summon the strength to
              are anymore.

Comment

Families are getting really sick up the constant churn and chaos. Sorry if no one can get excited about yet another youth soccer league. Not an ecnl fan but we are just done. No one even summon the strength to
                are anymore.

Just....have....to....type....one......more....... ..thing..........then................I'm.......... .don.............................................. ..................................

Comment

having an alternative to ECNL seems like a good idea on the face of it, but honestly i would just love a clear pyramid with promotion/relegation. that way you know where your kid and team stand at all times in terms of competition that they're facing. you would also better be able to compare teams (along with all the other things that go into a potential move) to see if it's worth it. having a half dozen "top leagues" is a bad idea.

Comment

having an alternative to ECNL seems like a good idea on the face of it, but honestly i would just love a clear pyramid with promotion/relegation. that way you know where your kid and team stand at all times in terms of competition that they're facing. you would also better be able to compare teams (along with all the other things that go into a potential move) to see if it's worth it. having a half dozen "top leagues" is a bad idea.
                    Keeping everyone in the dark has been the strategy for pulling as much money from people as they can. That is all coming to an end though, really soon.

Comment

Agree, but those at the top of the pyramid have to agree. They have be less concerned with local competition in their area and more concerned with quality. They have to be willing to relegate a club based on their quality, and ignore that they have a license. Last, the leagues need to be run independently of the clubs, and not by the clubs themselves.

So, in otherwise, in today's world, it will never happen.

Comment

Not an ECNL fan. It’s just a big money grab. All lies about caring for the girls. If they cared they would focus on bad clubs like Matchfit and add a couple of more regional teams to localize competition. Never will do that. Money control. They are positioned well with picking up the best clubs from DA across the country. Also have more influence over new leadership at Federation. Which we all see they could careless about the girls in youth soccer the way they just handled everything.

With that said these DA leftover clubs trying to form “another” league is a joke. Just another money grab just like ECNL. All these teams should just be in on USYS. That’s it. They are trying to create this “elite” league strictly to control profits. Trying to find ways to maintain those bloated DA salaries and profits.

Comment

Agree, but those at the top of the pyramid have to agree. They have be less concerned with local competition in their area and more concerned with quality. They have to be willing to relegate a club based on their quality, and ignore that they have a license. Last, the leagues need to be run independently of the clubs, and not by the clubs themselves.

So, in otherwise, in today's world, it will never happen.
                          Does anyone really understand the business model of ECNL? The foundation of the league was founded by bringing in the TOP most successful clubs regionally. Not looking for smaller clubs/teams but rather large clubs with successful programs. The principle of less is better is what makes them the league of choice. The best players in NJ would test themselves against other players of similar qualities. PDA Dre players in from not only every corner of the State but PA & DE. That is what ECNL wants not handing out franchises to smaller market clubs like SJEB & PDA South. Those players who are not competitive enough for a PDA ECNL program would then go to these other clubs to flourish in an environment conducive to there level of play. I say this knowing that parents will get upset but that’s reality and what ECNL is about. Parents want to know how there daughters would do competing against this program then show up at tryouts and stand out. That’s your in with these clubs. No different then when you attend a college clinic & camp. Showing your abilities, athleticism, skills & technical abilities is what it’s all about. Parents keep hoping that ECNL will add these other clubs and that will not happen if that will dilute the marketplace or add lessor talented clubs who are not competitive enough regionally. Clubs like Penn Fusion & NEFC rightfully belong but that might not happen because of the influence of Board members PDA & FC Stars.

Comment

“This is what ecnl wants”. Lol

Comment

I know numerous parents that can’t / won’t make that trip. It’s exclusionary and all about $$$$$. Can’t wait for this new league.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X