Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First team to move to Matchfit

Now that US Soccer has cancelled all the da programs, it's interesting to hear how many changes are now being made in all the local academy teams. In talking with a close friend involved with Matchfit, one of the only 2 NJ teams in the ENCL, it seems that a current CSA team is "inquiring" about possibly making the move over to Matchfit. From what I'm hearing, someone "representing" the CSA Monmouth 09 Girls Green team is inquiring about the possibility of the 09 girls making the move to Matchfit, and since only U13 and above can play ENCL, playing the entire team up a year.
    Now I'm sure a bunch of babies are now going to post "thanks for spreading/starting rumours", my friend is on the administration at Matchfit and I 100% believe what shes told me. Given the while philosophy and mentality of the CSA 09 team, coach and parents, this makes alot of sense. The coach wants a national championship more than anything in the world, and making the move to Matchfit and playing up a year will give him that opportunity. It's a shame the team doesn't have the talent or stamina to play against some top rated teams.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now that US Soccer has cancelled all the da programs, it's interesting to hear how many changes are now being made in all the local academy teams. In talking with a close friend involved with Matchfit, one of the only 2 NJ teams in the ENCL, it seems that a current CSA team is "inquiring" about possibly making the move over to Matchfit. From what I'm hearing, someone "representing" the CSA Monmouth 09 Girls Green team is inquiring about the possibility of the 09 girls making the move to Matchfit, and since only U13 and above can play ENCL, playing the entire team up a year.
    Now I'm sure a bunch of babies are now going to post "thanks for spreading/starting rumours", my friend is on the administration at Matchfit and I 100% believe what shes told me. Given the while philosophy and mentality of the CSA 09 team, coach and parents, this makes alot of sense. The coach wants a national championship more than anything in the world, and making the move to Matchfit and playing up a year will give him that opportunity. It's a shame the team doesn't have the talent or stamina to play against some top rated teams.
    How does a u9 team jump up one year to u13??!!
    Even if they were moving to u10 in fall. How does this make any sense?

Comment

Guess what they are not the only team as other trainers are trying to make deals to bring “their” teams over (as if they own these kids) and in the process get better paying jobs etc. it’s a pretty sad environment right now in the academy world and will only get worse given the current Coronavirus crisis and the DA bombshell. All I know is if you’re at STA or CSA DA better keep a close eye on what’s going on as your team may go poof in an instant.

Comment

How does a u9 team jump up one year to u13??!!
        Even if they were moving to u10 in fall. How does this make any sense?
        Sounds like 09 which is u12 in the fall.

Comment

Sounds like 09 which is u12 in the fall.
          Yes! You’re correct. I was reading it as u9. My apologies, Mate.

Comment

Until the ages are changed back to graduation year. That’ll stir up this mess

Comment

The COVID cabin fever is strong on this forum. Get some substance to your life guys it’s short

Comment

Change back to graduation year!

- ALL college recruiting coaches

Comment

Did your friend at Matchfit tell you to post this info on a public online forum? Is she still your friend?

Comment

I heard some discussion about this as well. Seems that the CSA parents don't know how to keep things quiet. From what I heard it's a couple of parents that are reaching out to Matchfit about moving over, not the coach, mainly because he is still an employee of CSA and they won't take to kindly to one of their own seeking a new club. Goes to show how much loyalty there is out there. All the parents loved CSA when it benefited them, once things changed they are quick to get up and run. The coach is a low life that is willing to run from a club that gave him lots of advantages most coaches don't get. When we had the chance to tryout for the 09 team last year we were warned by several parents to stay as far away from this team as possible. No development, just keep changing the roster every couple of months with new kids. I feel sorry for the girls that got pushed to the side for the new flavor of the month. I believe one of the parents even posted on Instagram looking for new players for the 09 team, until CSA made him take it down.

Comment

I heard some discussion about this as well. Seems that the CSA parents don't know how to keep things quiet. From what I heard it's a couple of parents that are reaching out to Matchfit about moving over, not the coach, mainly because he is still an employee of CSA and they won't take to kindly to one of their own seeking a new club. Goes to show how much loyalty there is out there. All the parents loved CSA when it benefited them, once things changed they are quick to get up and run. The coach is a low life that is willing to run from a club that gave him lots of advantages most coaches don't get. When we had the chance to tryout for the 09 team last year we were warned by several parents to stay as far away from this team as possible. No development, just keep changing the roster every couple of months with new kids. I feel sorry for the girls that got pushed to the side for the new flavor of the month. I believe one of the parents even posted on Instagram looking for new players for the 09 team, until CSA made him take it down.
                      It’s a shame that some people that the club has done so much for cannot be trusted and if anything they are trying to orchestrate side deals to leave. And to Matchfit of all places???

Comment

🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍

Comment

It’s a shame that some people that the club has done so much for cannot be trusted and if anything they are trying to orchestrate side deals to leave. And to Matchfit of all places???
                          Agreed. Matchfit just happens to be the only other team besides PDA in the ECNL. They don't have a good 08 or 09 team so the CSA coach can make a good pitch to get his team over there, which would give him the opportunity to have a team play at that level.
                          Just some background on this coach... he was the coach at Manalapan but screwed them over, took the top players and went to CSA. Then, he was in charge of the boys 09 team at CSA and started to pull the bull**** that he's doing with the 09 girls, but the parents, and I mean practically the entire team, went to the board and complained about him. CSA took the boys side away from him and put Tad Ramos' son in charge, and the team has been doing better ever since. Only reason why he still has a job with the 09 girls team is because they win games. Not because the team is amazing, because he puts them in tournaments with not so great teams. (They played in Disney against teams that could be beat by our local township teams.) Also, hes not a trainer, hes a sales man and recruiter. He just goes after good kids, promises them the stars and moon, gets them to leave their current clubs, and them moves on to the next kid. No loyalty to his players. Only worried about himself and his resume. I feel bad for the girls because he teaching them ALL the wrong things. Hes not training them and giving them the skills they need to advance. Hes teaching them that winning is everything and to watch your back, hes got other players in his eyesite that might run a little quicker than your child, kick a little harder than your child, score a little more than yours. Word of advise, staybaway from the coach and team!

Comment

Agreed. Matchfit just happens to be the only other team besides PDA in the ECNL. They don't have a good 08 or 09 team so the CSA coach can make a good pitch to get his team over there, which would give him the opportunity to have a team play at that level.
                            Just some background on this coach... he was the coach at Manalapan but screwed them over, took the top players and went to CSA. Then, he was in charge of the boys 09 team at CSA and started to pull the bull**** that he's doing with the 09 girls, but the parents, and I mean practically the entire team, went to the board and complained about him. CSA took the boys side away from him and put Tad Ramos' son in charge, and the team has been doing better ever since. Only reason why he still has a job with the 09 girls team is because they win games. Not because the team is amazing, because he puts them in tournaments with not so great teams. (They played in Disney against teams that could be beat by our local township teams.) Also, hes not a trainer, hes a sales man and recruiter. He just goes after good kids, promises them the stars and moon, gets them to leave their current clubs, and them moves on to the next kid. No loyalty to his players. Only worried about himself and his resume. I feel bad for the girls because he teaching them ALL the wrong things. Hes not training them and giving them the skills they need to advance. Hes teaching them that winning is everything and to watch your back, hes got other players in his eyesite that might run a little quicker than your child, kick a little harder than your child, score a little more than yours. Word of advise, staybaway from the coach and team!
                            Well if what you’re saying is true then disappointing of CSA to have people like this still involved with their program. I thought they were headed in the right direction, I guess not completely.

Comment

If true, it will be interesting to see how this is all handled by Matchfit and what happens to all of the existing players and what teams they will be pushed to, as well as whoever is currently coaching coaching the top team at MF.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X