Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Academy"

Its a word used too many times in the wrong way. Nowadays all these 3 letter Clubs use the word "academy" like they're legit. Every club thinks they are the elite and can call themselves an academy. And the parents jump right on board and claim "my 10 year old son plays for an Academy" When I hear that I politely correct them and say "no he doesn't" . Anyone else find this to be the most over used word in youth soccer?

The Yankees are really WORLD ‘s champions?
    Why Name them World Series?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Its a word used too many times in the wrong way. Nowadays all these 3 letter Clubs use the word "academy" like they're legit. Every club thinks they are the elite and can call themselves an academy. And the parents jump right on board and claim "my 10 year old son plays for an Academy" When I hear that I politely correct them and say "no he doesn't" . Anyone else find this to be the most over used word in youth soccer?
      It makes me so mad. So mad that I want to post on the internet about it

Comment

God damn, that was hilarious! Very well played.

Comment

ACADEMY
          noun
          noun: academy; plural noun: academies
          a place of study or training in a special field.

I'd say they all meet the definition, especially the 3 letter ones.

Comment

😂😂😂 like the soccer vs football people

Comment

I bet you came on here thinking everyone would jump in and agree with you and you’d be lauded as a hero for standing up for the sanctity of the word “Academy.”

Yeah, no one really cares.

Comment

I bet all of the European and South American academies feel the same way about MLS teams bastardizing that word with the garbage they are producing in their places of study and training.

Comment

Academy =no refund for spring season

Comment

That’s funny.

Comment

Says the PDA mom who will waste so much money to teach their child kid and run “academy” football. Lol

Comment

Academy = For profit organization

Comment

Academy = For profit organization
                          Actually most of not all academies are not for profit and they all volunteer their time for the good of the kids. If you counted all the time and effort the managers put forth they actually lose quite a bit of quid.

Comment

With the DA being retired how many “academies“ can truly call themselves that anymore? Also what is the selling point for them now instead of the DA story which has been delivered relentlessly for years....exclusive showcases in front of hundreds of college coaches, opportunity to be scouted for WNT, training and development year round, national and even international travel and exposure etc. I know SC brought over his teams to STA, I would not be surprised to see them all bolt back or to other places. Oh yeah and is HS soccer ok now all of the sudden?? Another poster eluded to just that point as well...

Comment

Most will look to ECNL, some may jump on the EDP NL and NPL leagues. Some will continue to travel for some tournaments like Disney and Jeff Cup.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X