Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's true. To me, this confirms there will be no spring season.
    Agreed there will be no spring soccer season.

Comment

But most clubs like CSA have long ago required parents to be paid up for the year, except for additional programs like technical training. So why would they be running out of money?
      Because they are losing money operations or barely break even to begin with....

Comment

If I had to guess there will be a "spring" season but it will actually end up being June & July. I can't imagine trying to keep kids locked up for 6 months. Coaches being laid off are most likely as someone pointed out so they can collect unemployment checks which saves the club paying salaries and puts it on the back of the tax payers but this is what should be expected. I guess maybe they plan to rehire everyone (or as many as they can) once things get back to something sort of normal?

Comment

If I had to guess there will be a "spring" season but it will actually end up being June & July. I can't imagine trying to keep kids locked up for 6 months. Coaches being laid off are most likely as someone pointed out so they can collect unemployment checks which saves the club paying salaries and puts it on the back of the tax payers but this is what should be expected. I guess maybe they plan to rehire everyone (or as many as they can) once things get back to something sort of normal?
          This makes complete sense. And keeping the money in the club instead of paying coaches for web videos is a good idea. Kids aren’t quitting soccer because of this. And will be excited to go back to their teams when it’s over.

Comment

This makes complete sense. And keeping the money in the club instead of paying coaches for web videos is a good idea. Kids aren’t quitting soccer because of this. And will be excited to go back to their teams when it’s over.
            You’re right, but the problem is no benefits and the risk is that some may not return as it could be time to search for another job that has better pay and benefits. We’ll see how it plays out but I would not be surprised to see some turnover when the dust settles.

Comment

I guess now we will see which coaches are happy where they are

Comment

Season will be pushed back by a month or so. Spring league season will not be canceled, nor will state cups. They just simply move it to June and July

Comment

Season will be pushed back by a month or so. Spring league season will not be canceled, nor will state cups. They just simply move it to June and July
                  Academy teams may be able to field a team in June and July but club teams will have a problem, especially U16 and above.

Comment

There is no way leagues and clubs will take on the liability of reopening without having clear direction that the virus is eradicated, way too much liability for youth soccer. We’re lucky to have the things that matter like businesses, schools etc.

Comment

Ummm,

If I paid 3-4K, I want either the service or direction on refund or credit.

My bank account is not charity care.

I’m sure that will make someone butthurt but it’s a reality. Either close completely and refund/credit or open the fields and play.

Comment

I guess now we will see which coaches are happy where they are
                        Guess we will also see which players /families are happy with their clubs, if you are on the fence about staying or leaving a team a clubs actions during this time could make or break players/families decisions too. Not to mention the economic impact the shutdown has on a family’s pocketbook - people may not have as much money to waste on youth soccer.

Comment

Guess we will also see which players /families are happy with their clubs, if you are on the fence about staying or leaving a team a clubs actions during this time could make or break players/families decisions too. Not to mention the economic impact the shutdown has on a family’s pocketbook - people may not have as much money to waste on youth soccer.
                          Totally agree as if you’re not a huge fan of a club to begin with and you have economic uncertainty anyway (and they are pressuring you to pay up) then it would be best to wait things out and look for better/different options.

Comment

Big Gamble

CSA is rolling the dice. If any of these laid off coaches are worth a dime...there are other clubs making phone calls as we speak.

Comment

CSA is rolling the dice. If any of these laid off coaches are worth a dime...there are other clubs making phone calls as we speak.
                              I don’t think CSA can afford to lose any more coaches. A few of the good CSA coaches already left, some to PSA others to other clubs.

Comment

I don’t think CSA can afford to lose any more coaches. A few of the good CSA coaches already left, some to PSA others to other clubs.
                                They can’t lose any more coaches like DM. Losing him was a big loss

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X