Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
    breaking news: The barca academy facility scheduled to be built in kings park, ny has been officially terminated do to the coronavirus disease (covid-19) outbreak. An fcb official familiar with the situation cited the club's concern over how the current health climate and its effect on the future planning of the proposed facility. In addition, the club has also expressed heightened concern over the welfare of all training staff and personal related to both their foreign and domestic training programs. Club officials have been monitoring the situation closely and have explored the option of suspending all international operations not directly related to any first-team activities.

This was published today. If this is true then there is big trouble over in barca land. Is anybody else hearing this?
    we got nostradamus up in here!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      BREAKING NEWS: The Barca Academy Facility scheduled to be built in Kings Park, NY has been officially terminated do to the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak. An FCB Official familiar with the situation cited the club's concern over how the current health climate and its effect on the future planning of the proposed facility. In addition, the club has also expressed heightened concern over the welfare of all training staff and personal related to both their foreign and domestic training programs. Club officials have been monitoring the situation closely and have explored the option of suspending all international operations not directly related to any first-team activities.

This was published today. If this is true then there is big trouble over in Barca land. Is anybody else hearing this?
      WHERE was this published?

Comment

WHERE was this published?
        It wasn't. It's made up BS.

Comment

Funny how something that is “BS” is starting to look like it’s right on the money. Barca is in trouble.

Comment

There is an article today in the Athletic today about the financial issues Barca is facing, which is why this little statement piqued my interest. Didnt seem all that nuts....

Comment

Spanish Soccer Giant FCB Concerned Over Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak

There is an article today in the Athletic today about the financial issues Barca is facing, which is why this little statement piqued my interest. Didnt seem all that nuts....
              never heard of it...so post the link -sshole otherwise you are a typical loser liberal posting lies.

Comment

never heard of it...so post the link -sshole otherwise you are a typical loser liberal posting lies.
                Do you live under a rock? How has one never heard of the Athletic???

https://theathletic.com/1725827/2020...ch_query=barce

Comment

Do you live under a rock? How has one never heard of the Athletic???

https://theathletic.com/1725827/2020...ch_query=barce
                  i guess i do lol....is there a way to read the full article without a subscription?

Comment

The OP wrote this BS four weeks ago. Barca currently having serious problems doesn't make this fake press release from four weeks ago any more real.

Comment

The OP wrote this BS four weeks ago. Barca currently having serious problems doesn't make this fake press release from four weeks ago any more real.
                      its an interesting read none the less, large companies often get caught overspending all the time, it doesn't mean anything. FCB still has plans to build a new state of the art stadium in Barcelona right next to Camp NOU you (know that is happening no matter what)....perhaps a little "Swamp Draining" is required.

I don't think any of the outreach programs will be effected. (barca NY is barely funded/supported as it is).

but you are correct. the op made this statement weeks ago and the article just came out so someone is full of sh-t.

Comment

What is the story at Barca right now, what does the club want you to do during the layoff?

Interested Parent

Comment

What is the story at Barca right now, what does the club want you to do during the layoff?

Interested Parent
                          who cares about FCB, soccer or what ever right now? who really gives a sh-t?
                          there are people sick all over the USA and the world.
                          there are people dying all over the USA and the world.

First lets get rid of this invisible enemy then talk about BS soccer....priorities people, priorities.

Comment

who cares about FCB, soccer or what ever right now? who really gives a sh-t?
                            there are people sick all over the USA and the world.
                            there are people dying all over the USA and the world.

First lets get rid of this invisible enemy then talk about BS soccer....priorities people, priorities.
                            this is a soccer post / blog - deeek. GTFOH. go to the COVID Blog and post your fears there.

Comment

I don't see money being an issue with the NY Barca program as it is effectively self-funded. The bigger issue going forward potentially is the lack of trainers coming over from Spain to train the kids as travel restrictions may play a huge role in preventing that from happening.

Comment

I don't see money being an issue with the NY Barca program as it is effectively self-funded. The bigger issue going forward potentially is the lack of trainers coming over from Spain to train the kids as travel restrictions may play a huge role in preventing that from happening.
                                That's an astute point. Here's my take: (1) the coaches are still here, they havent returned to Spain, so it's not an issue now. I dont know when the coaches Visa's expire, however, I imagine an extension is probable. (2) Barca has said that they intend to play the spring season, even if it extends through the summer. Maybe that will change based on when the government decides to open things back up, but I imagine that is contingent on Visa's being extended. (3) Who knows when Fall season will kick off, but Im nearly certain the US will have lifted the ban of European travel ban by August so trainer COULD come, or we have much bigger issues that youth soccer. The question is whether there will be the same demand in Spain to come to the US and coach soccer as there has been. I dont know that answer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X