Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parkland Soccer

When the guy in charge leads off his bio with a lie, you know the club can't be trusted.

Coach Roger Thomas is the PSC Director of Soccer Operations. Coach Roger, a former midfielder for the Miami Fusion (MLS) and the Jamaican National Team.

Here is a list of players who played for the National team. I couldn't find his name anywhere. You can click through all of the years. I guess he believes that people can't find these things.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/jamaica/tab/players/season

He also played a key role in the Fusion's first season: Roger Thomas scored 1 goals and recorded 0 assists in his 5-game career with the Miami Fusion. He played during the 1998 season.

https://www.statscrew.com/soccer/stats/p-thomarog001

"Thomas' commitment to school limited his progress with the Jamaican national team. He trained with it and competed in the Olympic trials."

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...061-story.html

Comment

Originally posted by Just a Coach View Post
      "Thomas' commitment to school limited his progress with the Jamaican national team. He trained with it and competed in the Olympic trials."

What is parkland..... Another dying club

Comment

Really

Did you just wake up from your coma. You posted the same thing over the summer and now you are doing it again. Can't wait to read the same thing this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Just a Coach View Post

The truth is, he NEVER played for the National team and he basically had a tryout for the Fusion. He has been telling everybody for years that he played for both.

As far as the above, that is what he told the reporter. Where is the proof that he ever competed for the National team? It is not stated in the story.

Comment

Soooooooo, because he may have or may not have played for Jamaica and the fusion, he isn't a good coach? Whats the point of the OP? Whats your true intentions here OP? This is like arguing that Erik Spoelstra sucks because he never played in the NBA or for a meaningful college.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Soooooooo, because he may have or may not have played for Jamaica and the fusion, he isn't a good coach? Whats the point of the OP? Whats your true intentions here OP? This is like arguing that Erik Spoelstra sucks because he never played in the NBA or for a meaningful college.
              Point is, he is lying. When a relationship start with a lie, it will never go well.

Comment

Point is, he is lying. When a relationship start with a lie, it will never go well.
                So don't sleep with him. Geez.

Comment

Who else could they have hire? This is parkland. Do you forget? Do you think, you were the la masia.

Comment

The point has been raised on this board many times. He refuses to own up to it. It is just his way of gaining clients. When you are in charge of something you gain the trust of the people that you service. When you start with a lie, how can you gain anybody’s trust?

Comment

What is parkland..... Another dying club
                      Come on... be fair... every few years Parkland is always the next big thing

Comment

I don't have a kid that plays for parkland but we have played against them. They are a better than average club with some top teams. seem well coached. so honestly I wouldn't care if someone did "pad" their resume with some stretches of the truth. He's either a good coach or not. The parents from parkland on the other hand are bad.

Comment

I don't have a kid that plays for parkland but we have played against them. They are a better than average club with some top teams. seem well coached. so honestly I wouldn't care if someone did "pad" their resume with some stretches of the truth. He's either a good coach or not. The parents from parkland on the other hand are bad.
                          Padding a resume is illegal in some states. The main point the OP is making I believe is that RT is trying to gain the trust of his clients by starting off with a lie. Also, he does not coach all of the teams, especially the better ones. I have mixed reviews on the type of coach he is, so I will reserve judgment.

Comment

Are you looking to date RT? If you don't like your relationship with RT then just leave. I don't choose a coach based off his or her morals and values. Can you teach? Can you develop youth players? Are you safe to be around? Do you have a proven track record? Thats it.

Comment

Are you looking to date RT? If you don't like your relationship with RT then just leave. I don't choose a coach based off his or her morals and values. Can you teach? Can you develop youth players? Are you safe to be around? Do you have a proven track record? Thats it.

Would never date him. You should pick a coach based on his or her morals because after all they are working with your child. If he teaches him to lie and cheat you are good with that? What is he teaching him? How do you know he is safe to be around? What proven track record does he have? He has bounced around more than a soccer ball in both high school and club. The only place he has been "successful" is with Parkland and he also claims to have put hundreds of kids in college. More lies! Kids leave the program by the time they are 13-14. He can't keep girls after that because they figure out they are being scammed. He is probably taking credit for them too.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X