Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you are going to some research, make sure you do it correctly and make sure its accurate. 10 minutes of my time revealed multiple roster errors between atleast 3 non-PSA affiliated clubs in NY/NJ. And before you question my findings, I know the kids and their correct clubs for this season (some even left in the Spring of last season). Forget about the countless clubs & teams that haven’t even uploaded rosters. So much for your STA conspiracy...
    OMG- the lengths that some of you are going to to write absolutely nothing is astounding! Where did I say that GotSoccer is an infallible document of all rosters?? But with a little research and a little knowledge you can tell which ones are more up-to-date others. For instance, you can tell that Real Jersey has been updated since the spring because there are players from other clubs on the roster (good pickups btw). Or if you click on Cedar Stars Black you see a roster that has many is the girls who went to their DA but an additional click on the upcoming games shows that they aren’t playing anywhere. Instead you click on the Cedar Stars Bergen USYS NL team and see that that new roster is playing where black was. It’s really not that hard.

For the record, this portion of the thread started because I asked about the STA DA rosters. Purely out of curiosity as to who was on it as my daughter knows/knows of several who might have gone out for it. When I saw that 14 of the players came from last year’s USYS NL roster I don't think it’s too much of a stretch to wonder who is on the new version of that team. And, I’m sorry, but again I don’t think it’s unreasonable to wonder why that roster hasn’t been updated as we approach mid-September.

I understand that there may be some confusion as actually there were other posts touching on potential issues with STA that didn’t come from me. I wrote in one post that STA is a good club and interactions and/or observations that I’ve had with their coaches have been positive. I didn’t comment on any player or result of any game.

*** I just deleted about three paragraphs about why the negativity coming my way was probably because I was attributing all this to STA’s affiliation with John Newman. But then I realized that no one here would care. Newman is bad for youth soccer in the broad sense that his model is turning more kids away from soccer than bringing them in but you don’t care about that. Here everyone’s kid is getting a D1 scholarship and a cup of coffee with the national team. So I’m done- reply, don’t reply, either way I’m not reading. Peace.

Comment

And all along I thought it was MF soccer mom stalking STA...guess that’s not the case.

Comment

And all along I thought it was MF soccer mom stalking STA...guess that’s not the case.
        Turns out there is a MF stalker dad too.

Comment

OMG- the lengths that some of you are going to to write absolutely nothing is astounding! Where did I say that GotSoccer is an infallible document of all rosters?? But with a little research and a little knowledge you can tell which ones are more up-to-date others. For instance, you can tell that Real Jersey has been updated since the spring because there are players from other clubs on the roster (good pickups btw). Or if you click on Cedar Stars Black you see a roster that has many is the girls who went to their DA but an additional click on the upcoming games shows that they aren’t playing anywhere. Instead you click on the Cedar Stars Bergen USYS NL team and see that that new roster is playing where black was. It’s really not that hard.

For the record, this portion of the thread started because I asked about the STA DA rosters. Purely out of curiosity as to who was on it as my daughter knows/knows of several who might have gone out for it. When I saw that 14 of the players came from last year’s USYS NL roster I don't think it’s too much of a stretch to wonder who is on the new version of that team. And, I’m sorry, but again I don’t think it’s unreasonable to wonder why that roster hasn’t been updated as we approach mid-September.

I understand that there may be some confusion as actually there were other posts touching on potential issues with STA that didn’t come from me. I wrote in one post that STA is a good club and interactions and/or observations that I’ve had with their coaches have been positive. I didn’t comment on any player or result of any game.

*** I just deleted about three paragraphs about why the negativity coming my way was probably because I was attributing all this to STA’s affiliation with John Newman. But then I realized that no one here would care. Newman is bad for youth soccer in the broad sense that his model is turning more kids away from soccer than bringing them in but you don’t care about that. Here everyone’s kid is getting a D1 scholarship and a cup of coffee with the national team. So I’m done- reply, don’t reply, either way I’m not reading. Peace.
          Who is John Newman?

Comment

Who is John Newman?
            Didn’t you say that you wouldn’t read/answer any more posts. But yet you’re back feeding your own conversation. How old and bitter do you have to be to troll this hard?

Comment

Who is John Newman?
              He is the owner of STA

Comment

I hope this Tool really is done with his schitt stirring and accusations. He is pretending to want to know about a 13 year roster which is kind of creepy. Did he really think he was going to get names? And honestly I think his whole story is BS. His whole rant is on STA DA kids being rostered elsewhere(which is not true by the way) is like CNN and Russian collusion

Comment

I hope this Tool really is done with his schitt stirring and accusations. He is pretending to want to know about a 13 year roster which is kind of creepy. Did he really think he was going to get names? And honestly I think his whole story is BS. His whole rant is on STA DA kids being rostered elsewhere(which is not true by the way) is like CNN and Russian collusion
                  Agree, who cares what gotsoccer rosters say. Obviously there are so many other things to talk about. Lets start with the NEFC scores this weekend.

Comment

Agree, who cares what gotsoccer rosters say. Obviously there are so many other things to talk about. Lets start with the NEFC scores this weekend.
                    LOL. I knew that would be a topic for this week. All I can say is NEFC has some very good teams and STA has some work to do. Except for 05s. They are doing well and will continue to do so.

Comment

LOL. I knew that would be a topic for this week. All I can say is NEFC has some very good teams and STA has some work to do. Except for 05s. They are doing well and will continue to do so.
                      Lol did you also plan on the “Shaun Cryer is never gonna coach the older players” topic to come up? Looks like he coached all the teams with his e license this weekend. Especially that 6-1 blowout by SSS .

Comment

Lol did you also plan on the “Shaun Cryer is never gonna coach the older players” topic to come up? Looks like he coached all the teams with his e license this weekend. Especially that 6-1 blowout by SSS .
                        Its going to take 2 years to undo the world class mess.

Comment

All I know is our 17's have like 3-4 NTC or high commit players and got owned by the Nefc 17's (my daughter included) which do not have not one high profile kid playing. What gives? I'm new to DA but what the heck happened.

Comment

Soccer is a team sport. Talent ID has excluded some worthy nefc players and many others as well

Comment

Soccer is a team sport. Talent ID has excluded some worthy nefc players and many others as well

Exactly. Lots of superstars need to learn to play as a unit.

Comment

Its going to take 2 years to undo the world class mess.
                                I believe you mean it only took 1 month for those NYCFC parents to bring the mess to STA. I’m not sure if you know the history of any of those players parents but what time has done is captured a perfect storm of crazy on his 04 and 03 teams. The poor kids are products of those loons. Great players but can not perform as a unit because their parents have them believing they each belong on the National team. It’s why most of them can’t get committed

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X