Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Barrington GK is rarely mentioned, but pretty darngood too. Point is, that there are a lot of good GK talent in D1, so to claim one is top dog at this point is silly. Let’s see how rest of season plays out.
    Exactly. I like the Barrington gk to challenge for that top spot this year as well. So far SK is number one but she can be taken from that spot, maybe, by Barrington or LaSalle. Should be interesting.

Comment

As an assistant coach on one of the teams I can personally guarantee that at least three of the sixteen D1 head coaches believe that the new keeper is the best in the state. Several others, including me, obviously lobby for the reigning D1 all-stater and with good reason. How on earth do you think they each received such high recognition last year if all the other supposed keepers in the last few posts were worthy? Both were underclassmen and one was in a lower division. These two are the only ones even in contention...deal with it.

I personally think they both have more exceptional ability than almost every other player, and we should just enjoy watching them. If Allstate is truly based on the top 11, they are both shoe-ins. In fact, there are years where a set number of offensive/defensive players can vary. Why not now?

Comment

All State political not always best players. Coaches I vote yours if you vote mine. Too bad there can't be an objective way to put together the all state teams.

Comment

All State political not always best players. Coaches I vote yours if you vote mine. Too bad there can't be an objective way to put together the all state teams.
          Sounds like the typical Rhode Island way. Kickbacks and bribery! Too bad it’s the kids who pay.

Comment

As an assistant coach on one of the teams I can personally guarantee that at least three of the sixteen D1 head coaches believe that the new keeper is the best in the state. Several others, including me, obviously lobby for the reigning D1 all-stater and with good reason. How on earth do you think they each received such high recognition last year if all the other supposed keepers in the last few posts were worthy? Both were underclassmen and one was in a lower division. These two are the only ones even in contention...deal with it.

I personally think they both have more exceptional ability than almost every other player, and we should just enjoy watching them. If Allstate is truly based on the top 11, they are both shoe-ins. In fact, there are years where a set number of offensive/defensive players can vary.

Why not now?
            If you think this is an assistant coach speaking above and not the Scit parent then you are crazy too. They will do anything to get her on. Absolutely insane! The above now ends with their should be two keepers on First team. Lol
            They have outdone themselves with this one. This post has them written all over it. Yes they would!

Comment

If you think this is an assistant coach speaking above and not the Scit parent then you are crazy too. They will do anything to get her on. Absolutely insane! The above now ends with their should be two keepers on First team. Lol
              They have outdone themselves with this one. This post has them written all over it. Yes they would!
              Lord, I hope your wrong, but if you are right, then that is sad! Either way, whoever wrote it has a pretty clear agenda.

Comment

None of us have any clue so why not just let it play out. Stop the lobbying and the bashing. Can someone discuss any of the 16 teams without focusing on any specific players?

Comment

This is actually a fairly lucid thought. What if you had the top two players at any given position in the entire country (obviously this is just to make my point), but they happen to live in the same state. Could anyone in good conscience not consider them both to be Allstate, while you watch inferior talent get named just to round out 11 positions? This happens all the time even at professional levels. Kind of like a flex in fantasy.

Comment

This is actually a fairly lucid thought. What if you had the top two players at any given position in the entire country (obviously this is just to make my point), but they happen to live in the same state. Could anyone in good conscience not consider them both to be Allstate, while you watch inferior talent get named just to round out 11 positions? This happens all the time even at professional levels. Kind of like a flex in fantasy.
                    So it's not the best 11 players; it's the first *team* - meaning 1 GK, 3 or 4 defenders, 3-4 midfielders, and 2-3 forwards - there is some flex in terms of picking say a top 4th midfielder or say a 3rd forward and by using just defender or midfielder vice right, center, or left. The point is a team only has 1 player by rule allowed to play GK (Law 3) on the field at any given time.

Not sure why the Smithfield coach allowed 4 games to be scheduled in 6 day span, especially tough but winnable ones..and put the LSA game the day after playing one of the more physical teams. I know it's a make-up game but doesn't appear to be putting team in a good position to win.

Comment

None of us have any clue so why not just let it play out. Stop the lobbying and the bashing. Can someone discuss any of the 16 teams without focusing on any specific players?
                      I agree. Any updates on recent results?

Comment

So it's not the best 11 players; it's the first *team* - meaning 1 GK, 3 or 4 defenders, 3-4 midfielders, and 2-3 forwards - there is some flex in terms of picking say a top 4th midfielder or say a 3rd forward and by using just defender or midfielder vice right, center, or left. The point is a team only has 1 player by rule allowed to play GK (Law 3) on the field at any given time.

Not sure why the Smithfield coach allowed 4 games to be scheduled in 6 day span, especially tough but winnable ones..and put the LSA game the day after playing one of the more physical teams. I know it's a make-up game but doesn't appear to be putting team in a good position to win.
                        Doesn't matter... You don't get anything for the regular season standings anyway. It's all about the playoffs.

Comment

Stop MOM/DAD!!!
                          Stop!!!
                          Don't you realize you are doing your player an injustice by touting her every day. If she is that good she will be recognized in the end. I am actually sick of reading about her on here instead of hearing about the games and teams and the really good players and happenings.
                          In fact, It has been said that 2 big mistakes in goal cost them the game yesterday.
                          And, I can't believe how much you emphasis you are putting on RI All State. How much does it really mean? Get a life!

Comment

Stop MOM/DAD!!!
                            Stop!!!
                            Don't you realize you are doing your player an injustice by touting her every day. If she is that good she will be recognized in the end. I am actually sick of reading about her on here instead of hearing about the games and teams and the really good players and happenings.
                            In fact, It has been said that 2 big mistakes in goal cost them the game yesterday.
                            And, I can't believe how much you emphasis you are putting on RI All State. How much does it really mean? Get a life!
                            I make a motion that no one acknowledges or says another word whether drawn into the conversation or not about Scituate or their gk. lol Very strange all of that.

Comment

Doesn't matter... You don't get anything for the regular season standings anyway. It's all about the playoffs.
                              So true... Lasalle will win in the end and then the RIGSCA will give away a thousand participation awards (1/2 to LaSalle) to appease everyone and it will be another great season.. for LaSalle and RI Girls soccer. SMH

Comment

Any thoughts on d2 or eve d3? Any standout players?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X