Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And there lies the problem, you assume that the club is trying to develop every player. They just want to develop the best players. Any club that tells you otherwise is lying to you. They rather have one star than 10 mediocre players. That one good player will help them recruit a ton of players. A club's playing style it's its identity philosophy and what they have to do on the field due to conditions of the game are tactics.
    what is your point? in reality there is a correlation between a players desire to get better and ability. Its pretty superficial to suggest that a parent is going to decide on where their kid plays based on another kids ability.

Comment

what is your point? in reality there is a correlation between a players desire to get better and ability. Its pretty superficial to suggest that a parent is going to decide on where their kid plays based on another kids ability.
      That's almost exactly wrong. I base my decision as to where my kid will play based on the strength of the other players. I want my kid training with the best possible kids. Iron sharpens iron.

Comment

That's almost exactly wrong. I base my decision as to where my kid will play based on the strength of the other players. I want my kid training with the best possible kids. Iron sharpens iron.
        No you dont. Its all a compromise because all outcomes are not equal. Distance, cost, commitment etc Iron sharpens iron implies that players of the same ability sharpen each other. It does not imply that a huge gap in quality. In the real world, you pick the best decision based on your individual circumstances and yet you see so many soccer parents paying a premium just to pick the same badge as others.

Comment

No you dont. Its all a compromise because all outcomes are not equal. Distance, cost, commitment etc Iron sharpens iron implies that players of the same ability sharpen each other. It does not imply that a huge gap in quality. In the real world, you pick the best decision based on your individual circumstances and yet you see so many soccer parents paying a premium just to pick the same badge as others.
          You couldn’t be more wrong. Before my kid made the nycfc academy, he played at a DA that was not as close as other alternative. I placed him where he would be pushed the hardest. Don’t project your inadequacies on others.

Comment

You couldn’t be more wrong. Before my kid made the nycfc academy, he played at a DA that was not as close as other alternative. I placed him where he would be pushed the hardest. Don’t project your inadequacies on others.
            you miss the point. it met your criteria. Dont project yours on others. Key is pushed the hardest. For some, that may NOT be with the best players or on the best team.

Comment

^^This. People seem to have a tough time understanding the difference between individual development and team structure.
              An her is a perfect example of a team struggling because they don't have a system in place

https://mlsmultiplex.com/2020/05/23/...really-matter/

Comment

An her is a perfect example of a team struggling because they don't have a system in place

https://mlsmultiplex.com/2020/05/23/...really-matter/
                like warren buffet says...i'd rather invest in a great business model run by idiots than a bad business model run by the best management team ever.

players win games and make teams great....not coaches and their systems.

Comment

like warren buffet says...i'd rather invest in a great business model run by idiots than a bad business model run by the best management team ever.

players win games and make teams great....not coaches and their systems.
                  ^^This. Players. All these Clubs are trying to make you believe its the opposite. The best players in this area over the last 10 years or so have come from a variety of Clubs and backgrounds. The best teams are all about who has the most depth.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X