X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick to blame

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The announcement about the new club being run by the former CFC coaches happened so quickly after the layoff that it makes me think they had this in the works.

I feel bad for the kids from CFC who are getting even more screwed over by the business of soccer.
    How about the fact that many coaches have many contacts and when they are treated poorly there are multiple opportunities to leave? Remember coaches who have the best relationships with parents and kids are the ones that always seem to get the blame.

Also a note policies are handed down from the owners and not the soccer director. Just as a learning opportunity for most of you people posting. Don’t be so quick to blame the people probably standing up for your kids.

What do I know....

Comment

If a coach is still employed by a club, and they’re talking to players and parents about moving to another club, that’s a problem.
      How do you think centercourt got them kids in the first place. Sharks eat fish! Called business

Comment

How about the fact that many coaches have many contacts and when they are treated poorly there are multiple opportunities to leave? Remember coaches who have the best relationships with parents and kids are the ones that always seem to get the blame.

Also a note policies are handed down from the owners and not the soccer director. Just as a learning opportunity for most of you people posting. Don’t be so quick to blame the people probably standing up for your kids.

What do I know....
        Just let us know how the timing worked. Did this all go down after CC let them go or were plans being made to start a new club with existing CC customers while the coaches were still being paid by CC? I suspect the latter and am aware that many businesses have gotten started in similar circumstances but that doesn’t make it ethical.

Comment

How do you think centercourt got them kids in the first place. Sharks eat fish! Called business
          Trying to take another company’s customers is very different than taking customers from a company that is paying you. Both are business but only one creates an ethical question.

Comment

Trying to take another company’s customers is very different than taking customers from a company that is paying you. Both are business but only one creates an ethical question.
            Centercourt informed parents back in January that they no longer wanted 11v11 teams so read into that all you want !

Comment

I was a CFC parent- no one approached our team trying to steal us to the new club. Centercourt charged what other clubs in the area charged for soccer but didn’t provide the same level of service (less tournaments, shorter practice season) and never was that more apparent then when the pandemic began. They completely went dark. They did this to themselves rather than the coaching staff they let go.

Comment

Guess we got our answer then. Mark Cassidy announced as CEO and president of the new company.
                Who’s the rest of staff? Or is there a staff? Hard to signup when you don’t even know who’s gonna be coaching.

Comment

Not sure, but liking what I see so far.

Who’s the rest of staff? Or is there a staff? Hard to signup when you don’t even know who’s gonna be coaching.

Comment

Someone is desperate for more information, why don’t you sign up like anyone else and then you actually
                    Will receive information that you want lol or keeping fishing you might catch something

Comment

Someone is desperate for more information, why don’t you sign up like anyone else and then you actually
                      Will receive information that you want lol or keeping fishing you might catch something
                      I know nothing about these guys, good or bad but they do seem very defensive. Something is up.

Comment

I know nothing about these guys, good or bad but they do seem very defensive. Something is up.
                        When I want more information I sign up lol don’t know what else I can tell you. My daughter played with the president before and still does, we have all the information we need.

Comment

When I want more information I sign up lol don’t know what else I can tell you. My daughter played with the president before and still does, we have all the information we need.
                          Then you might want to share with the PRESIDENT that the website isn’t doing them any favors with possible new players due to lack of transparency and information

Comment

Then you might want to share with the PRESIDENT that the website isn’t doing them any favors with possible new players due to lack of transparency and information
                            Relax. In addition to his soccer knowledge, Mark is a marketing genius. Nothing proves that more than a news release on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. Look for more info on the 4th of July.

Comment

Relax. In addition to his soccer knowledge, Mark is a marketing genius. Nothing proves that more than a news release on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. Look for more info on the 4th of July.
                              We will surely be in for some fireworks

Comment

Wife was speaking with our daughter’s coach after the club announced tryouts for late June. She asked whether they expected many players given that clubs have been offering automatic spots to players already on their roster. He said they were getting lots of inquiries. Specifically mentioned from CFC players, but said lots of others too because of the uncertainty. Said the club was hoping to add teams as a result.

Going to be more or less churning this year?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X