Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I dont know for certain, but why would it go away unless NYCFC no longer wants to subsidize it? The new league, as I previously wrote, is ONLY U15, U17 and U19. There are rumors U16 may also be included. It has no impact on the little guys.
    Will U13,U14 teams play under USYS?

Comment

It's only for U15, U17 and U19. Moreover, there are regions, so the travel wont be too bad for a vast majority of the teams. It's really the same as the old model except the MLS teams have, rightfully, formed a league to play each other and let the second tier play amongst themselves. I believe the initial concept was for the youth teams to travel with the first teams and play against their MLS academy team. Yes, certain parts of the country will be under represented, but consider it the House of Representatives and not the Senate.
      MLS Division is only U15 and U17 (similar to current Generation Adidas setup); NYCFC won’t be fielding a U19 team going forward

Comment

MLS Division is only U15 and U17 (similar to current Generation Adidas setup); NYCFC won’t be fielding a U19 team going forward
        I'm not sure any MLS clubs are. By then they know who will make the cut for possibly being a decent pro player one day. The rest will focus on college, which MLS clubs could care less about.

Comment

[BOYS] MLS Two-Tier DA & USL Academy League

I'm not sure any MLS clubs are. By then they know who will make the cut for possibly being a decent pro player one day. The rest will focus on college, which MLS clubs could care less about.
          the adjective "decent" is a big stretch to say the least.

Comment

I dont know for certain, but why would it go away unless NYCFC no longer wants to subsidize it? The new league, as I previously wrote, is ONLY U15, U17 and U19. There are rumors U16 may also be included. It has no impact on the little guys.
            My guess is that the new MLS league will have little or no impact on the NYCFC City Select League.

I think the CSL stops at u12 so other than NYCFC's u12 team, there's no age overlap.

Also, I doubt NYCFC really subsidizes it - if they do, it's more in terms of time and brand than hard dollars (TBH, this is an educated guess on my part - I don't have any direct knowledge of this).

From what I heard and read about the CSL, it sounds like a great idea but some of the travel distances seem far for a league that doesn't keep score/standings. If I ran it, I'd have more geographic divisions even if it means each team has to play closer teams more times each season. Then maybe a festival at the end of each season where teams can play teams that are further away distance wise.

I thought a lot about having my son try for one of the clubs in this league but decided to stay more local for now.

Comment

What a clueless post. Nycfc does subsidize the league. There are zero league fees. Just ref fees. Keep posting about things you know nothing about.

Luckily you don’t run it bc you’re an idiot.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X