•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First League To Cancel Season

Northern Counties cancels season.
    http://www.ncsanj.com

With the state shut down at least till May 15th I would suspect all township leagues will cancel. EDP has a plan to play though summer if needed, Not sure what ECNL/RL or NPL would do.

Side note...I thought Alliance league was 1st since they couldn't get one going anyway?

Comment

EDP's preliminary schedule is not realistic. Social distancing rules are in place at least till May 15th. That scraps there May 1st and 15th start. The third option is June 1st, to think kids will be playing soccer at that time is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        With the state shut down at least till May 15th I would suspect all township leagues will cancel. EDP has a plan to play though summer if needed, Not sure what ECNL/RL or NPL would do.

Side note...I thought Alliance league was 1st since they couldn't get one going anyway?
        Correct Alliance league was the first as our PDA Shore team was notified a while ago. Hopefully the league survives

Comment

Alliance has not canceled yet

Comment

Mananalapan Memorial Day cancelled:

https://www.manalapansoccerclub.com/...ctl=newsdetail

Comment

Actually, US Soccer DA was the first to announce the end of their season, oh yeah, and their existance

Comment

Well, they will all cancel eventually if the plan to open the country is followed. You need 28 days of continued covid number drops for youth sports to start. Right now that puts us at the end of May IF everything started going down tomorrow. With all of these regional leagues with teams in Northern NJ and NY that isn't going to happen. EDP MIGHT be able to salvage a partial if they opened for the rest but doubt they would want to cheese off the Northern division teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X