Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Biggest difference between Soccer & Football....Women play soccer too.. Now keep telling Americans why soccer is so much better.
    Women play rugby you know
    and rugby is a MUCH more brutal sport than American football. it's pretty much American football without all that soft armor

Comment

and rugby is a MUCH more brutal sport than American football. it's pretty much American football without all that soft armor
      No, rugby is not more brutal. I've played both. Also, there has only been 1 rugby player to successfully cross over to football. That guy was a punter, a very good one for years but only a punter. Are people trying to ban rugby? There has been a movement in this country to tone down the violence and injury. People aren't letting their kids play like they used to. Football is brutal and violent. They do not call football a contact sport it is a collision sport....Soft armor? Do you realize the face masks are made of metal? Everything else is made of the same materials as bullet proof vests? Military grade armor? Rugby players tackle football players launch.

Comment

Slowly but surely I bet American's international soccer reputation will increase with time.
        But first I think we need top stop calling the sport "soccer." lol

All the English people I've over at my time in the UK always make fun of the word "soccer." Now, I completely hate the word and I'm glad most D1 soccer coaches in America refer to the sport as "football." Soccer just sounds so stupid now that I realize it. Football is what it is called in every other country.
        Who gives a damn? We are in America. English people call a lot of things different than we do. In America we play on fields, in cleats. Not pitches in boots. Im not calling sausage bangers, fries aren't chips, cops aren't bobbies. Be American not a poser. Stop copying the English fans. Own it don't copy someone else.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1461642]Women play rugby you know
          and rugby is a MUCH more brutal sport than American football. it's pretty much American football without all that soft armor[/

You've made my point for me. Women don't play football, even with the availability of " soft armor".. why? I'm not saying rugby isn't tough. It is. There is NOTHING like football. It's truly a mans game.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1461683]
            and rugby is a MUCH more brutal sport than American football. it's pretty much American football without all that soft armor[/

You've made my point for me. Women don't play football, even with the availability of " soft armor".. why? I'm not saying rugby isn't tough. It is. There is NOTHING like football. It's truly a mans game.
            A disposable mans game. Soccer harder to be good at, takes more work and dedication (cant recruit gang bangers to pick the sport up), less dependent on genetics (again, more American) and you don't end up shooting yourself in the temple after a career due to brain damage induced depression. .

Comment

Have you ever watched a full rugby match? The hits are way more brutal than football and I believe you need more stamina to play rugby.

Comment

Just because there is no professional league for women's football that doesn't translate to women "can't" play football. Don't be so ignorant.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1461706]

A disposable mans game. Soccer harder to be good at, takes more work and dedication (cant recruit gang bangers to pick the sport up), less dependent on genetics (again, more American) and you don't end up shooting yourself in the temple after a career due to brain damage induced depression. .
                  Lol, There is 1 pro football league. Less than 4,000 pro players in the world. If Soccer is harder to be good at then why are there so many leagues with so many pros? There are more pro soccer players in the U.S. than pro football players. Now tell me more how much harder it is to be good at soccer than it is football?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1461728]

Just because there is no professional league for women's football that doesn't translate to women "can't" play football. Don't be so ignorant.
                    I didn't say "can't" I said they don't...learn to read

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1461724]

Have you ever watched a full rugby match? The hits are way more brutal than football and I believe you need more stamina to play rugby.
                      I've played full rugby match. I've also played football. Rugby hits can be brutal but not as often as football. Football is a constant collision. Rugby players are good athletes and tough. Football is a different animal. Football is not a game of stamina. It's game of explosion. 3-8 second bursts. We always said to some of the other athletes, you may be able to run further but I'm fast enough to catch you and mean enough to kick your ass when I do. I played defense, our goal is to hurt the opponent so bad that he can't continue. That doesn't mean intentionally injure. It meant hit him so hard he quits. We used to call it " stealing a mans heart". Football is violence to the core. Every other sport each players plays both offensively and defensively. Football is specialized. You have 1 job. There is no other sport like it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1461728]

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...-_1568627i.jpg

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1461774]

I've played full rugby match. I've also played football. Rugby hits can be brutal but not as often as football. Football is a constant collision. Rugby players are good athletes and tough. Football is a different animal. Football is not a game of stamina. It's game of explosion. 3-8 second bursts. We always said to some of the other athletes, you may be able to run further but I'm fast enough to catch you and mean enough to kick your ass when I do. I played defense, our goal is to hurt the opponent so bad that he can't continue. That doesn't mean intentionally injure. It meant hit him so hard he quits. We used to call it " stealing a mans heart". Football is violence to the core. Every other sport each players plays both offensively and defensively. Football is specialized. You have 1 job. There is no other sport like it.
                          Is America so uncivilized as to go watch this violence? Hahahahaha

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1461763]

Lol, There is 1 pro football league. Less than 4,000 pro players in the world. If Soccer is harder to be good at then why are there so many leagues with so many pros? There are more pro soccer players in the U.S. than pro football players. Now tell me more how much harder it is to be good at soccer than it is football?
                            This has been hashed out already on other threads. Number of south central gang bangers that started playing in high school on USC football team ... Dozens. Number on their soccer team ... Zero. Takes years of training to become competent at soccer ... Unlike football (only need to be big, fast and willing to bang heads). Handling ball w feet infinately more difficult than w hands obviously - we use our hands everyday for just about everything

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1461785]

This has been hashed out already on other threads. Number of south central gang bangers that started playing in high school on USC football team ... Dozens. Number on their soccer team ... Zero. Takes years of training to become competent at soccer ... Unlike football (only need to be big, fast and willing to bang heads). Handling ball w feet infinately more difficult than w hands obviously - we use our hands everyday for just about everything
                              Can you provide some links to prove there are thugs at these schools?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1461781]

Is America so uncivilized as to go watch this violence? Hahahahaha
                                Yes. Not just watch but participate and teach our children this. Go be civilized I'm going to get in a fight then eat meat straight off the bone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X