Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Refs this year (isolated or epidemic)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    just checked back

in 18 games
    we have had 2 out of 54 refs/ars that were not level 8

one was 7 one said 15 !!

says it all
    I am curious as to what level these games are and what District they were played in. That will affect what Grade-level referees would be assigned. (BTW, a Grade 15 is a State Referee Grade 5 Emeritus, meaning, essentially, that the referee attained Grade 5 -- the highest State-level -- and then "retired" from that Grade, and is now a Grade 8.)

Comment

Why aren't there ref ratings that affect what games they get or their pay? Every game the coaches rate them. Sore loser ratings will average out because the best refs will still be rated higher over all their games (10, 10, 1 vs 5, 6, 1) or just throw out the best and worst scores. Simple.

Comment

refing must be done with passion

Comment

My problem with the refs is the lack of basic understanding of how to judge off sides.

Stand at your kids next soccer game and position yourself so you can see the off sides.

You will see it CONSISTENTLY being called wrong (don't care which team it is called on) because the refs judge it only by looking at the player and not listening for the sound of the ball being kicked OR it not being called at all because the refs are not in the right position to call it (too lazy to move)....

Comment

My problem with the refs is the lack of basic understanding of how to judge off sides.

Stand at your kids next soccer game and position yourself so you can see the off sides.

You will see it CONSISTENTLY being called wrong (don't care which team it is called on) because the refs judge it only by looking at the player and not listening for the sound of the ball being kicked OR it not being called at all because the refs are not in the right position to call it (too lazy to move)....
            For someone who is such an authority, you don't even have the correct term for the infraction that you're speaking about. It is the singular - offside. Offsides - plural - is found in rugby, hockey and/or (non-soccer) football, etc.

Comment

Anndddddd

just checked back

in 18 games
              we have had 2 out of 54 refs/ars that were not level 8

one was 7 one said 15 !!

says it all
              And you deserve the higher levels why?

Comment

no one is saying anyone DESERVES higher just that it shows there are an awful lot of referees not seeking any progression.

ideally every game should have a higher grade ref to teach the upcoming assts

one of the best refs we have had the past two years was a very high level and every game he did I always saw him arrive early to talk through things with his assistants , and after the game he made himself available to the coaches to discuss any matters...as he said 'we all continually learn, so lets learn from each other' he may not have got every decision right but he always got respect for his conduct.

unlike some who are happy to screw up a game, take their money and run off without even bothering to have any interaction

Comment

I think our team has received more than our respective portion of horrible referring this year. Is it just my experience or is everyone feeling it. I am not a complainer of refs determining the outcome of our games as I know quite well our team has more than a few issues, but the bad calls going both ways have been off the charts horrible. Is it ref training, not enough refs, no hiring criteria, no performance evaluation, no accountability, or just too young and or inexperience
                  Refs watching too much European Flopper Football.
                  Deciding game results by Awarding FAR TOO MANY PK's in games where the outcome is on the line.

Comment

Refs watching too much European Flopper Football.
                    Deciding game results by Awarding FAR TOO MANY PK's in games where the outcome is on the line.
                    So they should DECIDE that your cheating team should win by not calling a PK when your cheater does a blatant foul in the box?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X