Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am a parent of purple team player. My child would leave in a heartbeat. OC has two nights of training. I have to pay for additional training because they do not care about the purple teams. If you are not DA or ECNL then you are only their cash cow.

This club is a joke. Training is a joke. Go GPS. Give us a better option.
    How many days a week do you think a lot of the clubs practice. There are private trainers out there if you want your daughter or son to take that next step. Question is why is she on the purple team. Has your daughter spoken to coach on what she needs to do move up and what she needs to improve. She needs to take responsibility for her own play and abilities. Seen a lot of other clubs and their training. Its a hit or miss at every club find the right coach and situation for your daughter or son. All the clubs have their higher licensed coaches focusing on their competitive teams. Doesn't mean the lower level teams don't have
    some good coaches. You as a parent just need to do your homework.

Comment

I am a parent of purple team player. My child would leave in a heartbeat. OC has two nights of training. I have to pay for additional training because they do not care about the purple teams. If you are not DA or ECNL then you are only their cash cow.

This club is a joke. Training is a joke. Go GPS. Give us a better option.
      Those purple teams could beat any team from FCA, Maitland, Hunter Creeks and any other idiots that wants to join the GPS party.

GPS $$$$$$$$ for nothing. Oh you do get a Bayern jersey though lol !!

Comment

Actually there are ECNL teams that practice 5 days a week. They don't play high school and they kick everyone's arse in the league. So what do you want there dad? A club program that allows your kid to have a life or an Academy program that dictates her schedule for the next 5-years. Can't have it both ways losers. You either commit to winning and live by their rules or play for fun and have a life. No gray area. Learn to love it or live without it. Your call dad.

Comment

Laugh

Actually there are ECNL teams that practice 5 days a week. They don't play high school and they kick everyone's arse in the league. So what do you want there dad? A club program that allows your kid to have a life or an Academy program that dictates her schedule for the next 5-years. Can't have it both ways losers. You either commit to winning and live by their rules or play for fun and have a life. No gray area. Learn to love it or live without it. Your call dad.
          Bullcrap. They have not practice at all in Jan. Stop AH. You are looking like an idiot.

Comment

Bullcrap. They have not practice at all in Jan. Stop AH. You are looking like an idiot.
            Not talking about OC or WFF. These are out of state ECNL teams that practice 5 days a week...which is the same schedule as European Academies.

Comment

".... In advance of tryouts for the 2015/16 season, GPS will reveal full details on all pertinent information including;

• • GPS Orlando 2015/16 Coaching Staff
              • • Club Competitive Calendar
              • • New and Existing Facilities - e.g. XL Soccer World's new facility
              • • New Uniform Package, including FC Bayern Munich kit
              • • Access to curriculum and methodology from the international partnership with FC Bayern Munich

GPS will host a town hall meeting (date TBD) to discuss the new elite level club program to new and existing club members. Full details on the presentation evening are forthcoming...."

We are interested on this topic very much. We have observed FCA has done far better than OCYS in terms of training sessions per week and it shows in their player development and results. We feel cheated at OCYS. There is no way anyone at OCYS can come out and explain how their professional coaches resumes, DA and ECNL, USL/MLS etc, etc, etc has benefited anyone in purple and lower teams. It is total irresponsible and taken for granted behavior from seasoned crooks!
              FCA had its own share of similar problems, but we always had atleast more sessions of training than at OCYS. Hopefully Bayern Munchen curriculum will allow for improving on that gap.

Comment

How far apart are the OC and GPS fields? Location is single most important factor in selecting a club. Orlando area with 2.2 million population has soccer toddlers to teens ready for Bayern M style.

Comment

I see GPS has put a lot of images online on social media from the Bayern Munich women's game last night. Are these guys the real deal?

Comment

I see GPS has put a lot of images online on social media from the Bayern Munich women's game last night. Are these guys the real deal?
                    JMO, I'd recommend staying away from FCA for a year to see how this works out. We were with FCA for a few years and finally decided to change clubs due to management problems. This recently announced concept might be an alternative someday in the future, but based on what GPS/FPS has done since becoming involved with FCA, it would be risky to join FCA in the first year of this program. Just friendly advice based on experience. Good luck to your player.

Comment

JMO, I'd recommend staying away from FCA for a year to see how this works out. We were with FCA for a few years and finally decided to change clubs due to management problems. This recently announced concept might be an alternative someday in the future, but based on what GPS/FPS has done since becoming involved with FCA, it would be risky to join FCA in the first year of this program. Just friendly advice based on experience. Good luck to your player.
                      We were with FCA and now with OCYS. Any crap is better than what OCYS is deliverying.
                      Or if there are better choices in Central Florida, please help.

Comment

We were with FCA and now with OCYS. Any crap is better than what OCYS is deliverying.
                        Or if there are better choices in Central Florida, please help.
                        We are in the same boat. OCYS has catered to only a select few while neglecting the larger base. I guess they didn't learn their lesson from a couple years ago. We are looking for another club too!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X