Central Florida - 03/04 Boys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this age it’s about the coaching so I would wait and see who each club has for U10. Each coach has their own style. If your boy is a stud player then they will have to play for OC or RUSH at some point but it’s hard to tell at this age. Maitland uses daddy built teams and FCA has field issue and coach retention problems. If FKK wants your kid on the top U10 team then they would have contacted you via the parent recruitment process already.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      But I'm not arguing that OC. pooled their kids and have good players. And if they all played 6v6 together all season they would have a strong side. I'm just saying there are a core of 5 players who when all on the field together do very well, we just need a few more quality additions even for 6v6 to be a decent little side.
      I am not saying OC is the strongest group in the area, that is hard to tell as no GCF this season. I am very confident though that a team compromising of the best OC players, playing in their best positions would really take some beating.

That just never happened this season, kids were mixed (in 6v6 it is tough to hide a bad player), often played out of position, never played with the same group each time and the coach changed frequently.

From the OC vs FCA games I saw, I was not impressed with the FCA team. Could not tell you what confusing combo of premier & black the names were so I am not sure which team I saw. I remember seeing a kid with a headband.

Comment

That's the issue he played both teams all season. I think he will be a very good player as he matures, eats,sleeps the game. Very focused about it. Saved us plenty of times at the back. And scores some cracking goals.

Comment

So what name format = FCA top team?

Do the families with FCA live mostly around the trotters park area?

Comment

So what name format = FCA top team?

Do the families with FCA live mostly around the trotters park area?
            Premier is the top side, and some live close in WP, but we are also in west orange and Seminole. I drive an hour to get to trotters and live near UCF

Comment

Most families choose their boys soccer club due to geographical convenience, which I completely understand.

For those prepared to travel I still do not know why anyone would choose FCA. The enrollment seems thin (do not know for sure), their Trotters Park fields (when they had them) are horrible and I heard the administration is just as incompetent as other clubs.

Are the coaches good? How intense is the training?
              The perception I hear repeated is that they like the long ball but I have not seen enough games to know.

Comment

Most families choose their boys soccer club due to geographical convenience, which I completely understand.

For those prepared to travel I still do not know why anyone would choose FCA. The enrollment seems thin (do not know for sure), their Trotters Park fields (when they had them) are horrible and I heard the administration is just as incompetent as other clubs.

The perception I hear repeated is that they like the long ball but I have not seen enough games to know.
                JM is the coach of the Premier Boys and he is excellent. He most definitely does not teach the long ball. If you do any checking on JM credentials you will see he has accomplished quite a bit. Training is very good and there is separate Speed and Agility Training one day a week with EW (a Olympic sprinter).

As for the numbers being thin, that is true. There is a core of 5 boys that are really strong, however if 3-4 more players are brought in this will be an excellent group of boys as a full team. The core of boys plans on staying and I know of several good players in the area that are considering joining FCA.

Trotter is not great when it rains (drainage) issues, but this year other than that week where it rained for a week straight it was not an issue.

I would encourage anyone interested in possibly moving clubs to come out and practice with the group and see first hand if it is a good match for your child.

Comment

I definitely like our coach JM, who is great with the young boys and has experience with older teams he coached FCA Vipers u13 to the 2010 state cup a team that I believe he coached since they were u8's. He is a top guy, and has really improved our team since taking them on this season.

Is training intense? Lots of ball work, the true intensity comes with the speed&agility training on thursday before regular practice, the boys are worked very hard but they still love it. If you came to trotters to watch our group and older teams you wouldn't get the impression that the club plays hoof ball. It's close passing, our boys still need a lot of work
                  at it but they are improving. I would say our team is pretty direct but it's not long ball, much more hit you on the counter by getting the ball out wide to the generally open player and use our forwards speed. Still need to work on playing the way they are facing and relaxing when they are in posession.

I will be honest and say the reason we are not with OC is because of how the first tryouts were handled, heck I have had a season ticket at the pro team since they came to Orlando. It was a mess even my buddy whose kid was chosen last year thought it was badly done. So we went and found another club I chose FCA as I was impressed with DT each time my sons
                  CFK team played his boys.(we were playing up in GCF) I was disappointed that he didn't actually coach our U9's. But my son like GM, and then he really likes JM. so im happy and want to keep him with these kids and coach as they have a good time together. My boy is no superstar but I think he is developing nicely. And as we have come up against kids who were deemed supposedly better than him by OC I do wonder what they saw in those kids.

Im pretty sure the fields issue will come to a happy conclusion for FCA. But if it's apopka, I will have him go to the OC ID, as he knows kids there, I just don't want him on a regional team as they are shocking from seeing them when playing premier black games,but for 1 or 2 players who really aren't meant to be there.
                  he is better than that.

Comment

JM is the coach of the Premier Boys and he is excellent. He most definitely does not teach the long ball. If you do any checking on JM credentials you will see he has accomplished quite a bit. Training is very good and there is separate Speed and Agility Training one day a week with EW (a Olympic sprinter).
                    So you train 3 days a week? How long each session?

some other misc questions... What tournaments did you play in this year? Do you have a dedicated GK? Where are you going to train/play next year? How did you like the SSL at OC this season?

Comment

We played in the Tampa bay labor day showcase, as a new team, then a bazooka tournament we were losing finalists against some Jacksonville team. FCA's preason kick off with zero practice beforehand and it showed lol. I suppose your Jamboree were my boy played 4 games and we will be coming to OC's Memorial day tournament without two of our goalscorers who are playing at Disney, 1 for for the U10's he is dual roster with them and the other with his U8 travel team. They will be big losses for us attacking wise.

Have to say this season I have been annoyed that we didn't get to go to the Nike cup or Disney due to poor time managemt and the club not willing to play the Rush's tourney as they didn't play ours. Sad for our boys. The u10's played Disney every time since u9. So hopefully that side will improve.

Comment

E

So you train 3 days a week? How long each session?

some other misc questions... What tournaments did you play in this year? Do you have a dedicated GK? Where are you going to train/play next year? How did you like the SSL at OC this season?
                        Our regular training sessions were Tues and Thurs from 6:30 to around 8. We only played in the FCA tourney this year and that was before JM took over and at least on boy was not present. We played very poorly with the exception of the TBU game on the last day.

We have played several 3v3 tourneys coming in 4th and winning the most recent one.

I believe we will be at Trotters despite what is being said on TS, if not then Ward or Lake Island in Winter Park.

As for the OC YDL, it was fine, however I wished we played more strong teams. Early on they had us playing the top U10 girls teams and that was silly.

As for goalie we have a good goalie, however he is playing up and wants to play the field more. fCA has a very good group of true U8s and ultimately he will need to play with them, therefore we are looking for a U10 goalie. The goalie training is not a separate fee and is fantastic. I have heard nothing but good things about it. It is on a seperate day.

Comment

We train tues/thurs 6:30 to 7:45 generally ran to 8pm, but on thurs they did speed & agility from 5 to 6:00

Dedicated GK we have a U8 playing in goal who does a decent job when the ball is close to him but he isnt the tallest, brave little guy though. I doubt he will move up with us though. They actually have keeper practice on a Tuesday. Our squad is week in that area.

The SSL at OC is that the YDL? If so I think OC didn't respect our premier team some of the games we had were a joke and were no competition. For me 4 games were worthwhile the rest were pointless

Comment

I have older kids as well so here is why my kid is at Orlando City. I have experienced the needed consolidation that starts about U11 for the better players. It is a crap shoot and hopeful thinking that there are for sure going to be players to add to your team. 2 thoughts, either you are the best team and they come to you or you are the team that is pulled from. I like that OC is trying to have a bigger number of players train alike so they can have a 11v11 team instead of hoping to have an 11v11 team. Also I would think that the better kids will start thinking about Development Academy and start consolidating at that club.

Comment

We train tues/thurs 6:30 to 7:45 generally ran to 8pm, but on thurs they did speed & agility from 5 to 6:00

Dedicated GK we have a U8 playing in goal who does a decent job when the ball is close to him but he isnt the tallest, brave little guy though. I doubt he will move up with us though. They actually have keeper practice on a Tuesday. Our squad is week in that area.

The SSL at OC is that the YDL? If so I think OC didn't respect our premier team some of the games we had were a joke and were no competition. For me 4 games were worthwhile the rest were pointless
                              Well that is better than the one good game we got with gcf.

Comment

OC cannot even get the names of their own leagues correct. SSL = Seminole soccer League. That is the league you played in this season, gotsoccer has a page for the table. I did not see your team because there were 2 U10 divisions.

For some reason the jamboree was listed under YDL.

I have older kids as well so here is why my kid is at Orlando City. I have experienced the needed consolidation that starts about U11 for the better players. It is a crap shoot and hopeful thinking that there are for sure going to be players to add to your team. 2 thoughts, either you are the best team and they come to you or you are the team that is pulled from. I like that OC is trying to have a bigger number of players train alike so they can have a 11v11 team instead of hoping to have an 11v11 team. Also I would think that the better kids will start thinking about Development Academy and start consolidating at that club.
                                FKK threw a stick in that wheel.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X